Cuteness Galore

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Tigar, you're linking to a video file.

That's not an image, it's a video, and no browser I know of will show it linked like that.

If you just put the URL in directly without IMG tags, virtualverse apparently is smart enough to make an embedded media link:

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
Out of curiosity...

Edit: okay, it's embedding the video, but only a single still frame. Is there no way to embed a playable video from Imgur here?

Free

Kamilah is stalking me
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
I'm starting the think the plugin that handles embeds from imgur can't show more than one on a page at a time.

• 1Like
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Tigar and Govi

Tigar

A Most Inappropriate Tigar 🐯
SL Rez
Joined SLU
🌟not on file
SLU Posts

Tigar

SL Rez
Joined SLU
🌟not on file
SLU Posts
Tigar, you're linking to a video file.

That's not an image, it's a video, and no browser I know of will show it linked like that.

If you just put the URL in directly without IMG tags, virtualverse apparently is smart enough to make an embedded media link:

I tried that and just like the turtle 🐢 you posted above, it’s not animated. I think Free may be on to something.

Weird thing is, when I go back and look 👀, I see my posts just fine, and I assume that you do too. Maybe because it’s cached locally?

ETA: Except now that I say that, I go back and look at yogurt kitty above and I only see the first few frames 🖼

Last edited:

Knutz Scorpio

SL Rez
Joined SLU
02-15-2014
I think the problem may be you're inserting the link as an image while others are inserting it as media (two icons right of the insert image icon)

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
I think if you just paste the link directly into the post, the forum software will take care of the rest.

Tigar

SL Rez
Joined SLU
🌟not on file
SLU Posts
I think if you just paste the link directly into the post, the forum software will take care of the rest.
I’ve done that and it doesn’t work any better sometimes, other times it seems ta work fine...
For instance, here is a lumpfish. wtf is a lumpfish? It’s so oogily that it’s cute!

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
I’ve done that and it doesn’t work any better sometimes, other times it seems ta work fine...
For instance, here is a lumpfish. wtf is a lumpfish? It’s so oogily that it’s cute!

I think Free is right. There's something up with the plugin that embeds imgur videos on XenForo. Your lumpfish video showed just fine, animated and all, but now the other Imgur videos on this page aren't displaying at all. Plus, it seems to pick and choose which videos it will show animated, and which it shows as just a single frame. I'm getting a headache.

• 1Hug
Reactions: Tigar

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
SL Rez
When I was young, our neighbours' two daughters would often babysit me since they lived right next door. They were much older than myself (10-12 years) but I considered them my older sisters and they treated me like their own sister. We shared a love of swimming, monster movies, comics and so much more. The older of them had no hair because of Alopecia. She asked me one day why I never stared or asked what happen and I told her it was just part of her and that hair is not what makes a person. That was the first time I ever saw her cry and almost smother me in hugs. Why do I bring this up? Because I ran across this video which made me smile, happy, cry and realise just how my simple actions really mattered to her. Kudos and blessings to you Disney cast members who took the extra bit of time with this young girl.

While I love Peter's "He used to be a great pirate until he took an arrow to the knee" line, I'm a little disturbed at what Peter's hand is rubbing to comfort Captain Hook.