October 2009
SLU Posts

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
In terms of design, the vaccine follows a more traditional recipe than the two mRNA-based COVID-19 vaccines or Johnson & Johnson's adenovirus vector-based design. Both of those designs are relatively new and work by delivering genetic code for the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein to our cells, which then translate the code. The Novavax vaccine, on the other hand, is a protein subunit-based vaccine that directly delivers the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein to cells, along with an adjuvant—which is an additive used in vaccines to enhance immune responses to the vaccine. In this case, the adjuvant is derived from saponin compounds found in the Chilean soapbark tree, which have been used in FDA-approved vaccines previously.

Generally, the protein-subunit vaccine design is tried and trusted; it's already used in vaccines against flu, pertussis (whooping cough), and meningococcal infection, for example.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Memes save lives!!!

Pro-vaccination messaging may be surprisingly effective when delivered through humorous internet memes, according to new findings published in the journal Computers in Human Behavior. A series of studies revealed that exposure to sarcastic memes about anti-vaxxers increased UK residents’ intention to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. The researchers suggest that the humorous memes were able to bypass the typical defense processes of people who are vaccine-hesitant.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
Mrs. Beebo and I got the latest booster about two weeks ago. I had minimal reaction to it, but my wife says she hasn't felt well since then. Honestly, I have no idea whether there is any connection between the shot and her health, given that she feels bad most of the time anyway. It could be sheer coincidence.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Mrs. Beebo and I got the latest booster about two weeks ago. I had minimal reaction to it, but my wife says she hasn't felt well since then. Honestly, I have no idea whether there is any connection between the shot and her health, given that she feels bad most of the time anyway. It could be sheer coincidence.
I've felt a bit under the weather since my booster a couple of weeks ago, but nothing serious and not even like when I had my first shot, just longer-lasting (and I had flu jab the same week). I certainly can't ascribe it to the booster. More likely my age.

• 1Hug
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I got the latest booster yesterday. No reaction at all so far. Just a bit tired. But I'm always a bit tired lately.
Next up: The flu jab somewhere next month.