Covid-19 vaccine thread

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
See, all this crap starts with BS like "Ancient Aliens" and "America Unearthed" and pop-conspiracy trash that people justify putting and leaving on the air and on the net because it's "harmless entertainment".

It's NOT harmless. These shows and websites literally alter how people think, and give them something very close to an artificially-induced reference delusion. Conspiratorial thinking is....not sure what you would call it. "Internally contagious"? Basically, believing in one brand of pop-conspiracy garbage literally makes you more susceptible to believing other brands, until next thing you know what started as a "harmless" interest in pulp-TV pseudodocumentaries about government UFO coverups leads you down a path where you end up in prison for sabotaging vaccines in the middle of a freaking global pandemic because YouTube told you the vaccines are a conspiracy to turn people into freaking alien-human hybrids.

Intelligent, educated people fall into this trap, not just idiots.
That's how Jerry Falwell got hist start on the air :(

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
The Guardian, I think, because while The Independent quotes people on the morning news shows, and has the Royal Pharmaceutical Society complaining that
while some larger pharmacies were indeed involved in the government’s plans, they had to be able to guarantee they could deliver at least 950 doses per day to qualify
The Guardian says
The pharmacies will offer shots of the AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine either on their premises or at designated sites following an NHS approval process that began in November. The health service is assessing 200 sites led by community pharmacies such as Boots and Lloyds which have committed to delivering more than 1,000 shots each a week. The sites will start to receive doses now the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine has been approved.
All of the sites approved by the NHS have the means to store the AstraZeneca vaccine at 2C to 8C, while some will also be able to store the more fragile Pfizer vaccine at -70C.
Tens of community pharmacies are expected to join the vaccination programme in the coming weeks with more coming online as the vaccine supply improves.
That is, because the Oxford/AstraZenca vaccine can be kept in a normal refrigerator and has longer shelf-life than the more fragile Pfizer vaccine, which must be kept at much lower temperatures, it can be administered by far more, and far smaller, pharmacies than can the Pfizer vaccine, which is why it's being set to pharmacies that can deliver 1000 doses a week rather than 950 a day.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Arkady Arkright

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
ffs...

A Wisconsin pharmacist left out hundreds of doses of COVID-19 vaccines as the pandemic wreaks havoc on the country because of … an unproven conspiracy theory that the shots would mutate people’s DNA, according to court documents released on Monday.

Last week, Advocate Aurora Health pharmacist Steven Brandenburg was arrested after police investigated 57 spoiled vials of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine. Officials said the doses could’ve vaccinated more than 500 people. Charges are pending, according to the Associated Press.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
At the rate of US vaccinations so far, it would take 2.2 years to do the entire population. We need to do much much better. Meanwhile the US has gotten the rate of COVID tests four times higher. It seems reasonable to me that we should be able to get the vaccination rate at least as high as the testing rate.

• 1Like
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Sid

When life gives you lemons, trade them for coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yes
According to the current schedule used here in NL it will be my turn in the second quarter of this year and I will get the Pfizer vaccine.
I'm fine with that. It means I can restart my voluntary school work right after summer break. Yay!

Sid

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yes
Pfizer has the best results with people aged over 65, so I guess they got those.
And I can totally see, why they don't make that public. The last thing they want to give is a royal approval to one of the vaccines.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
According to the current schedule used here in NL it will be my turn in the second quarter of this year and I will get the Pfizer vaccine.
I'm fine with that. It means I can restart my voluntary school work right after summer break. Yay!
I think I should receive my invitation late February or early March if things run on schedule here. No idea which vaccine it will be, and I don't really care.

They've only had the vaccination programme running for a couple of weeks, of course, with the Oxford/Astrazeneca vaccine not being approved until over Christmas, so they're still getting up to speed (batch testing for quality after the vaccine has been manufactured but before it's sent out is the main bottleneck at the moment), but we are promised daily updates from Monday on how many vaccinations they're delivering.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Yay!
As I understand it, the engineered vaccines -- Pfizer and Oxford/AstraZeneca, at least -- produce antibodies that attack the virus' distinctive spikes, which the virus uses to latch onto human cells. After vaccination, the body's immune system is primed to recognise those spikes and to attack them and anything of which they're a part.

So as long as a new variant retains its spikes, the vaccines are likely to be effective against them.

Sid

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yes
Our King tumbled steep in the popularity polls after a few corona stupidities (from 80% popularity/approval to just over 50%).
I think he and his wife will wait until the normal healthy people under the age of 60 are invited for the vaccination.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: Innula Zenovka