Covid-19 vaccine thread

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,698
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565
Gov. Ron DeSantis Is Pushing Bill To Pay Workers Who Refuse To Get Vaccines
Florida’s Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis is now pushing a bill to pay workers who refuse their companies’ requirements to get vaccinated against COVID-19.

A provision of SB 2 — one of four bills introduced as part of the governor’s campaign against vaccine and mask mandates — would pay unemployment benefits at taxpayers’ expense to workers fired because they refuse required safety protocols to help stem the spread of COVID-19 in workplaces.
Wait. So Republicans are FOR socialism. Hmm.
 

Romana

The Timeless Child
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
5,097
SL Rez
2010

I've only read 12 pages of the document so fast, but it sounds to me like the rubes in question are suing that everything is not allowed because conspiracy theory. "Part of a larger scheme to vaccinate everyone (as if this was evil). They would like the vaccines approval overturned. Not that they have any chance of this, but 🪛🪛🪛🪛.
 

Bartholomew Gallacher

Administrator
Joined
Sep 26, 2018
Messages
7,089
SL Rez
2002
The FDA is so confident in it's Pfizer vaccine licensing, that it's asking a federal judge it has time until 2076 to finish publishing all information it relied upon licensing the vaccine.

Well, to be more precise: the FDA says it has over 320.000 pages of information, but argues it can only release - in accordance with other authorities as well - only 500 pages a month.

So 320000 / 500 = 640 months, around 62 years more or less. Basically it wants the judge to follow this argumentation that it is allowed to publish at that speed, while the Plaintiff thinks it's bullshit that they cannot work faster. And also a violation to the transparency promise made by the FDA upfront.

 
Last edited:
  • 1Screwdriver
Reactions: Ryanna Enfield

Romana

The Timeless Child
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
5,097
SL Rez
2010
The FDA is so confident in it's Pfizer vaccine licensing, that it's asking a federal judge it has time until 2076 to finish publishing all information it relied upon licensing the vaccine.

Well, to be more precise: the FDA says it has over 320.000 pages of information, but argues it can only release - in accordance with other authorities as well - only 500 pages a month.

So 320000 / 500 = 640 months, around 62 years more or less. Basically it wants the judge to follow this argumentation that it is allowed to publish at that speed, while the Plaintiff thinks it's bullshit that they cannot work faster. And also a violation to the transparency promise made by the FDA upfront.

I can't read any farther than the blog title "injecting freedom". That indicates an anti-vax and likely anti -science bias that had no right to call anything anyone else says "bullshit".
 
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Ryanna Enfield

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,698
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565
A Thanksgiving miracle.


To hear the fringe doctors who gathered at an equine facility for the Florida COVID Summit earlier this month, ivermectin is as effective against the virus in humans as it is against worms in horses.

“I have been on ivermectin for 16 months, my wife and I,” Dr. Bruce Boros declared at the end of the meeting at the World Equestrian Center in Ocala. “I have never felt healthier in my life.”

Two days later, the 71-year-old cardiologist fell ill with COVID-19, according to the organizer of the one-day gathering and two other people with direct knowledge.
The organizer, Dr. John Littell, further reported to The Daily Beast that six others among the 800 to 900 participants had also tested positive or developed COVID symptoms “within days of the conference.”
Hearts. Prayers.
 

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
4,502
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
2009
I wish people would learn to use Closed Caption on their videos so I can understand wth they are saying.
 
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Romana

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
7,936
Location
Coonspiracy Central, Noonkkot
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
20780

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
24,428
SLU Posts
18459
Fuck.


Evernote link

Senior scientists on Thursday evening described B.1.1.529 as the worst variant they had seen since the start of the pandemic. It has 32 mutations in the spike protein, the part of the virus that most vaccines use to prime the immune system against Covid. That is about double the number associated with the Delta variant. Mutations in the spike protein can affect the virus’s ability to infect cells and spread, but also make it harder for immune cells to attack the pathogen.

The Delta variant was first detected in India in late 2020 but has since spread around the world, causing an increase in case rates and deaths. Other coronavirus variants include Alpha (which originated in Kent in the UK), Beta (formerly known as the South African variant) and Gamma (originally found in Brazil). It has been suggested, following a drop in cases in Japan, that variants can “mutate themselves out of existence”.
 

Romana

The Timeless Child
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
5,097
SL Rez
2010
I refuse to panic.
My brother told me early on that they'd be able to tweak the vaccines very quickly if needed(at lady the mRNA ones. This was before the others). So I'll need another booster.
The depressing part is it seems like will never be rid of it when we read these things.
 

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
4,502
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
2009
The depressing part is no matter how badly I need contact with other human beings, I will have to remain almost completely isolated for the rest of my life and there isn't a damn thing I can do about it.

Thanks Trump.
 

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
4,502
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
2009
Same here, but I'm okay with that. Which is probably an ominous sign... but on the other hand, it's a handy trait for dealing with contemporary events.
That's the problem. I'm really not ok with it. Mainly because I've been forced into isolation my whole life, whether I wanted to be isolated or not. Because after what happened, I no longer had any value to the family. That means most contemporary events had/have little to no impact on me. It's as if I don't exist and I hate that feeling.