Coup in the USA?

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sure, but they still found a way to board a private plane. It sounds like they are/were struggling to support their lifestyles which could well mostly be due to the pandemic, but could also be an indication of being overextended financially. They wanted to keep Trump because they feel that they've benefited financially during the four years of his term. Needless to say, many many folks have had assorted struggles during the pandemic but didn't board private planes to commit insurrection.

As to the WP analysis that 60% of the insurrectionists have had financial difficulties in their lives I'm not all that surprised. I mean, they fell for a con man like Trump, which makes me wonder about their other decision-making skillls. The WP article talks about Ryan. She had a $37K lien due to unpaid federal taxes at the time of insurrection but it also states that she faced another tax lien in 2010, filed for bankruptcy in 2012 and almost faced a foreclosure. She has a history of financial issues for quite some time, yet is still living in a wealthy suburb?

WP went back two decades on those folks so I would bet that at least some of the other's financial problems aren't necessarily current. They are counting the parents of that 22 yr old woman who stole the laptop from Pelosi's office. The parents had a bankruptcy when she was a child and a foreclosure when she was a teen. That does indicate financial instability but not her own and not due to the pandemic.
:qft: This article is from 2014, but I think it still rings very true. The age of entitlement: how wealth breeds narcissism | Anne Manne

Merriam-Webster defines entitlement as: 1) the condition of having a right to have, do, or get something, or 2) the feeling or belief that you deserve to be given something (such as special privileges).
It's not just a sense of financial entitlement driving them either: Men aren’t entitled to women's time or affection. But it's a hard lesson to learn | Cord Jefferson

When pushed far enough, this sense of entitlement becomes lethal, whether it's storming the Capitol of the US or it's shooting up Massage parlors in Atlanta.

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
:qft: This article is from 2014, but I think it still rings very true. The age of entitlement: how wealth breeds narcissism | Anne Manne

It's not just a sense of financial entitlement driving them either: Men aren’t entitled to women's time or affection. But it's a hard lesson to learn | Cord Jefferson

When pushed far enough, this sense of entitlement becomes lethal, whether it's storming the Capitol of the US or it's shooting up Massage parlors in Atlanta.
It's an excellent article and not all that long. Please read what she posted.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
WP went back two decades on those folks so I would bet that at least some of the other's financial problems aren't necessarily current. They are counting the parents of that 22 yr old woman who stole the laptop from Pelosi's office. The parents had a bankruptcy when she was a child and a foreclosure when she was a teen. That does indicate financial instability but not her own and not due to the pandemic.
So, first, I am not condoning their behavior - I've spent most of my life having financial issues and I've not tried to overthrow the government... That said, let me tell you about a pair of kitties.

So, we got two kittens that had been abandoned under our landlord's window AC unit. We were not planning on keeping them; we had two already....

[I still have one of the two 15 years later?]

These were tiny kitties; maybe 6 weeks old, if that. They never wanted for food from the moment they spent the night with us before going on to try finding forever homes [that was the plan, don't judge me!]. But both of them showed obvious signs of food issues. In fact, in the long term, its part of how we lost one of them.

Also, studies show that financial trauma, like any other trauma, can have long last effects, long after everything is alright again; think of family who lived through the Great Depression, or who grew up poor.

Like I said, it affects us all, still doesn't make an excuse to try and overthrow the government.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts

The first words in her defense are not "I did nothing wrong." It's "I have blonde hair white skin."

I hate to break it to her but.... she needs commas, and if she thinks her tanning bed skin is 'white skin' she needs glasses, or to meet a few goths.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
I hate to break it to her but.... she needs commas, and if she thinks her tanning bed skin is 'white skin' she needs glasses, or to meet a few goths.
It is my hope that her arrogant comments about being blond haired and white thus not subject to the laws governing the rest of us end up on a judge's desk and reviewed in a bad light. I say this as a dishwater-blonde, pale-skinned person. I can glow in the dark, hehe. But yeah, I doubt she actually even is blonde by birth and as for her skin, yeah, all of these blonde Barbies hit the tanning salon and are more orange than anything.

ETA: My hair varies by season. In the summer it is almost completely blonde washed out by the sun. In the winter it tends to a somewhat darker color like a light brown. Were I to live in a climate like yours in FL, it would be blondish the whole year round.

I was going to add her tweet to an earlier post, but I could not find a link that went directly to it, or a pic with a date and I wasn't about to wade through the cesspool that is her twitter feed. I see now that it was just two days ago, but still her twitter feed is a cesspool and even going back two days is too much for me.

Last edited:
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
It is my hope that her arrogant comments about being blond haired and white thus not subject to the laws governing the rest of us end up on a judge's desk and reviewed in a bad light. I say this as a dishwater-blonde, pale-skinned person. I can glow in the dark, hehe. But yeah, I doubt she actually even is blonde by birth and as for her skin, yeah, all of these blonde Barbies hit the tanning salon and are more orange than anything.

I was going to add her tweet to an earlier post, but I could not find a link that went directly to it, or a pic with a date and I wasn't about to wade through the cesspool that is her twitter feed. I see now that it was just two days ago, but still her twitter feed is a cesspool and even going back two days is too much for me.
Yup, I'm -not- blonde, but my skin is almost as white as paper or a sheet [ having issues with sunshine making me break out helps, I'm sure], and yes on the glow in the dark thing too.

Be funny if she got a non-white judge.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Yup, I'm -not- blonde, but my skin is almost as white as paper or a sheet [ having issues with sunshine making me break out helps, I'm sure], and yes on the glow in the dark thing too.

Be funny if she got a non-white judge.
Doesn't even have to be that. Just a judge non-plussed by her arrogant attitude. I spent too much time thinking about this. She is basically giving the finger to black or other non-white Americans who may or may not come back home after an encounter with the police, as well as our severely non-just justice system. Her attitude needs a serious adjustment and I would welcome it.

Last edited:

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Doesn't even have to be that. Just a judge non-plussed by her arrogant attitude. I spent too much time thinking about this. She is basically giving the finger to black or other non-white Americans who may or may not come back home after an encounter with the police, as well as our severely non-just justice system. Her attitude needs a serious adjustment and I would welcome it.
But can you imagine the thoughts going through her head when someone she sees as lesser is her judge; with that 'I'm blonde and white, you can't touch me' attitude?

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
And this is why good writing, grammar and punctuation matter. I'm pretty sure what she was TRYING to say was:
Definitely not going to jail. I'm sorry (sarcastic, not sorry) that I have blonde hair, that I have white skin, that I have a great job, that I have a great future, and that I'm not going to jail. Sorry to rain on your hater parade. I did nothing wrong.
She isn't saying that she's avoiding jail because she's blonde and white, but I suspect that in her heart of hearts she believes she did nothing wrong because what blonde white women do is always right.

• 1Like
Reactions: Govi

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
She isn't saying that she's avoiding jail because she's blonde and white, but I suspect that in her heart of hearts she believes she did nothing wrong because what blonde white women do is always right.
A distinction without much of a difference.