SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Evernote link
If ever there was a case for vigorous bank regulation, Stuart Kirk made it. In his address to the FT’s moral money-makers he said that the average length of a loan was six years. “What happens to the planet in year seven is actually irrelevant to our loan book.”

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Yeah ... mid 90's on Tuesday for Minneapolis, but the rest of the week is more tolerable. Brother has agreed to let me attend the online boot camp at his place on that day as I have no air conditioning. The rest of those days will feature wet shirts, strong fans, and Massive quantities of cold drinks..

EDIT / Update: Schools in the metro are making all classes "work from home" because of the heat. We can deal with windchills, subzero temps, and a foot of snow, but anything above 90F makes us run around in a panic, myself included.

Last edited:

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
There's your Global Warming. Zoom, libtards!

• 1Creative
Reactions: Govi

Arkady Arkright

Back in the 1970's* the UK Midlands had a severe drought, and all watering with hosepipes was banned. There was a guy down the street who was obsessive about his front lawn, to the extent that he went out every morning with nail-scissors to trim any errant blades of grass, and he kept his lawn-sprinkler running 24/7 regardless of the ban. This pissed-off a close neighbour of his (not me) who, one day when offender was out for the day, disconnected the hose from the sprinkler and shoved it (still flowing) through the letterbox in his front door...
I understand the cost to repair the water-damage ran into the thousands (of UKP), and his insurance company refused to pay-up as he shouldn't have been using a hose in the first place. The neighbour was never caught.

* How 1976 drought left Britain bone dry

Last edited: