Chin Rey
Lag fighter
- Joined
- Oct 28, 2018
- Messages
- 769
- Location
- Norway
- SL Rez
- 2013
No surprise there. He did actually say the that it was better to stay in the EU than accept May's deal and this is not different.Nigel saying it's not brexit
No surprise there. He did actually say the that it was better to stay in the EU than accept May's deal and this is not different.Nigel saying it's not brexit
The Brits have their reputation to defend, remember. They are the Ultimate Masters of Comedy! No other nation or culture has ever been close.What is continuing to happen in the UK politics is far beyond 'to silly for words'.
Pleaseletbojopresentmaysdealagain.The EU is confirming there is a deal.
/me walks to the supermarket across the street to buy some more popcorn.
A long day of ironing and BBC world news on the tv ahead.
You are thinking of the UN Outer Space Treaty of 1967, which while it bans weapons of mass destruction in space, says nothing about toxic waste. In fact, I worked on a study of "space disposal of nuclear waste", which turned out to be too expensive for a small reduction in radiation risk relative to underground burial. It would certainly qualify as toxic waste. Also, space is filled with high levels of radiation from the Sun and outside sources, and in particular places, like the Van Allen belts, from trapped particles. So it is already toxic to humans in the natural state. We accidentally populated the Moon with Tardigrades, but I don't know if they would see politicians as a food source. It would be an interesting experiment.I'm pretty sure there's an international treaty against using the moon as a dump for toxic waste, though.
Johnson surrender deal is actually quite similar to May's. The main differences are that it adds a hard border between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK and that all the boring stuff about workers rigths and protecting the environment has been moved from the legally binding agreement to the non-bidning attached political declaration.Pleaseletbojopresentmaysdealagain.
I think it was signed after the September 13th 1999 unfortunate events...I'm pretty sure there's an international treaty against using the moon as a dump for toxic waste, though.
Yep, like I said. If you are a brexiteer, don't ruin it for everybody else... Move to Newfoundland. Large island, similar climate, speaks English, not part of the EU!Ads in BBC Canada.
![]()
There might be good incentive for Remain MPs to get rid of that 2018 law so that Johnson can try and pass his deal -- which won't pass. There is a growing consensus to put Johnson's deal on a second referendum ballot with Remain as an option to end this one way or another. Of course that tax law needs to be removed, and the deadline extended by at least a year for this to work.There may be another slight problem with that Irish channel border btw. It turns out that a law the parliament passed last year, proposed by Rees-Mogg and driven through by the Johnsonites, explicitly prohibits such a border between NI and the rest of UK. It's possible the parliament will have to amend that law before they can even vote on the surrender deal. That may be a problem since they were planning to vote on the deal this Saturday.
There is supposed to be a massive pro-remain demonstration this weekend in London, which is why Corbyn and Johnson are skipping town, but since they are the two people most likely opposed to a second referendum, it would be easier to pass without them there.I think both Johnson and Corbyn have mentioned they have other plans for the weekend - I don't know about the rest of the gang,
Oddly enough, I'm pretty sure I understood everything I could -hear-.What?
Bozo and Corbyn both absent tomorrow?There is supposed to be a massive pro-remain demonstration this weekend in London, which is why Corbyn and Johnson are skipping town, but since they are the two people most likely opposed to a second referendum, it would be easier to pass without them there.
Are you sure about all this? There's the emergency sitting of Parliament tomorrow to consider Johnson's new Withdrawal Agreement, remember, and I find it a bit difficult to believe that neither Johnson nor Corbyn will want to speak in that debate.There is supposed to be a massive pro-remain demonstration this weekend in London, which is why Corbyn and Johnson are skipping town, but since they are the two people most likely opposed to a second referendum, it would be easier to pass without them there.
Which year?Does anyone know what time the show down starts tomorrow?
No, I may have exaggerated a teeny weeny bit there.Are you sure about all this? There's the emergency sitting of Parliament tomorrow to consider Johnson's new Withdrawal Agreement, remember, and I find it a bit difficult to believe that neither Johnson nor Corbyn will want to speak in that debate.
It starts tomorrow at 0930 BST with a statement from Johnson about the proposed WA. There's then a debate on two amendments, one of which is designed to close a loophole that could have allowed him to get away with not asking for an extension (the motion to allow the amendment on the order paper was opposed by the government but nevertheless succeeded quite comfortably), followed by the debate itself.Does anyone know what time the show down starts tomorrow?
It's going to be a very interesting day I think.It starts tomorrow at 0930 BST with a statement from Johnson about the proposed WA. There's then a debate on two amendments, one of which is designed to close a loophole that could have allowed him to get away with not asking for an extension (the motion to allow the amendment on the order paper was opposed by the government but nevertheless succeeded quite comfortably), followed by the debate itself.
.
Well, I am not sure anything would see politicians as a food source. Especially those two.You are thinking of the UN Outer Space Treaty of 1967, which while it bans weapons of mass destruction in space, says nothing about toxic waste. In fact, I worked on a study of "space disposal of nuclear waste", which turned out to be too expensive for a small reduction in radiation risk relative to underground burial. It would certainly qualify as toxic waste. Also, space is filled with high levels of radiation from the Sun and outside sources, and in particular places, like the Van Allen belts, from trapped particles. So it is already toxic to humans in the natural state. We accidentally populated the Moon with Tardigrades, but I don't know if they would see politicians as a food source. It would be an interesting experiment.
Too bad my hackathon is tomorrow. I could tell my VPN to connect to the UK and watch the news all day.Johnson surrender deal is actually quite similar to May's. The main differences are that it adds a hard border between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK and that all the boring stuff about workers rigths and protecting the environment has been moved from the legally binding agreement to the non-bidning attached political declaration.
DUP was quite happy about a border in the Irish Channel until they suddenly couldn't accept it at all for a few hours. Then they were happy about it again before finally(?) deciding they couldn't accept it because it violates the GFA they are so fiercly opposed to.
There may be another slight problem with that Irish channel border btw. It turns out that a law the parliament passed last year, proposed by Rees-Mogg and driven through by the Johnsonites, explicitly prohibits such a border between NI and the rest of UK. It's possible the parliament will have to amend that law before they can even vote on the surrender deal. That may be a problem since they were planning to vote on the deal this Saturday. If any MPs turn up that is. I think both Johnson and Corbyn have mentioned they have other plans for the weekend - I don't know about the rest of the gang,
Since I mentioned Rees-Mogg, apparently he's woken up from his slumber... sort'a. That is, his eyes are open(ish) and his mouth is operational and there is hope his brain will follow suit soon. So far he's only come up with some plans that are ridiculous even by Brexit standards but, well, it's a start.
Now, compared to May's WA, Johnson's surrender is a little bit worse for Britain but that's only to be expected - you have to give some to loose some after all. From EU's point of view there is no difference worth mentioning between the two so they are happy and Juncker has now announced that he sees no reason for another extension. That of course means Farage is now arguing strongly for an extension since it's against his principles to agree with anything EU say.
So you see, it all makes perfect sense in the end.
Same here, I am also listening to a youtube vid on the TV so the two of them were competing more often then not. I seem to not have as much trouble understanding accents (and slipping into them) than the norm though.Oddly enough, I'm pretty sure I understood everything I could -hear-.