Brexit.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Duncan also claimed he had had a row with Johnson over a press report about diplomats treating him as an “international joke”.

Johnson is said to have asked: “Why don’t they take me seriously?” Duncan claims he replied: “Look in the f***ing mirror!”
ETA: More here in the (sorry) Mail.

I hadn't realised, but Sir Alan is the first out gay male Tory MP.

Last edited:

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
The one thing I will give David Cameron credit for (and Theresa May, too, back when Cameron first appointed her Chair of the Conservative Party) is that they ditched the overt homophobia that started in the Thatcher years, and also got rid of most of the overt racism.

They're still the nasty party, of course, and many of their nastier elements are re-appearing with Boris Johnson in charge, but their victims have changed. Alan Duncan was also one of the Tories who openly opposed Johnson and didn't run again in 2019.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Kamilah Hauptmann

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
Before the far right can get to gay people they’ll need to chip through trans people first. One domino at a time. And once they’re through with gay, it’ll be back to the kitchen with Rowling.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

Stora

SL Rez
What is behind the violence in Northern Ireland?

More than 50 police officers have been hurt and 10 people arrested as a result of rioting over the past 10 days, in several towns and cities across Northern Ireland.
The UK and Irish prime ministers have condemned the violence, and Northern Ireland's government met on Thursday to call for an "immediate and complete end" to the unrest.
All Northern Ireland's main parties have condemned the rioting, although they are divided over its causes.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

The article contains this link:

That's the UDA, but PIRA are just as bad -- my knowledge of NI is based on no more than knowing both NI Catholics and Protestants who left during the troubles, and knowing some journalists and soldiers who were there at the time, but the one thing they all agree on is that the paramilitaries are fighting as much about who runs the drugs, prostitution and protection rackets in various areas as they are about a united Ireland or anything else.

• 1Scared
Reactions: Beebo Brink