Brexit.

Chin Rey

Lag fighter
SL Rez
Johnson and his government are responsible for hundreds and thousands of unnecessary deaths, too, because of their repeated incompetence and responsibility last year.

Endangering the Peace Process is far, far worse. I'm almost weeping with both rage and sorrow even thinking about it.
I understand your frustration but there's no need to worry. The Northern Ireland protocol is out of Johnson's hand and there's nothing he or the British government can do about it. They know it too for a change. For all their bold talks, what the government actually does, is work flat out to implement the protocol.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
The UK’s early problem, writes Michel Barnier in The Great Illusion, his 500-page account, was that they began by “talking to themselves. And they underestimate the legal complexity of this divorce, and many of its consequences.”

Soon, however, the talking turned to Conservative party infighting, and by the end it had become “political piracy … They will go to any length. The current team in Downing St is not up to the challenges of Brexit nor to the responsibility that is theirs for having wanted Brexit. Simply, I no longer trust them.”
(I never have, since I recognise the kind of people Johnson and his team are, and have long despised them).

• 1Agree
Reactions: Arkady Arkright

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
So if cutting off electricity was disproportionate, is it no proportionate after the UK sent warships? Asking for a France friend.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
So if cutting off electricity was disproportionate, is it no proportionate after the UK sent warships? Asking for a France friend.
I think the idea is to head off French trawlermen, who are said to be planning to blockade Jersey harbour (it's a thing French trawlermen do, like blocking roads with your tractor or your truck, and in this case the RN are standing in for the Gendarmerie or CRS).

I hope we're not planning to re-enact Trafalgar, but with Johnson at the helm, as it were, who knows?

Last edited: