Black Dragon Viewer

Eli KittyWitch

SL Rez
I was just giving an example of how I've seen one viewer do it. Catznip can do it, and so can Lumiya.

I just can't make all of them silent. I have a few that I really want to pay attention to. But others I need silent, and some I want to be able to decide to participate in or not.

If I can make it to one of those MTL I can ask them about the feature. But it's something I've just taken for granted as existing, I've always avoided the LL viewer because it's just not as good as the alternatives.

NiranV Dean

Animating Your Life
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Jan 2011
SLU Posts
Yea i see. In that case i'd disagree with how "everyone" does it. I'll hopefully not forget to mention it on today's meeting, see what LL has to say about it now.

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
Any chance of ever doing a "light" version of your theme?

NiranV Dean

Animating Your Life
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Jan 2011
SLU Posts
You mean "White Dragon"?

Maybe. Making a skin is a long and tedious task if you want them to be unique and not just a simple recolor and even as recolors they can be quite tricky especially if you want to "invert" the color scheme. Making a second skin would however fit nicely into my plans of doing more experimental stuff with the skin loading system that i have planned that might or might not allow you to switch skins on the fly (and to an extend possibly languages as well).

Note that if i ever make a second skin it will be completely unused by me and fully unsupported beyond its creation, i won't be changing or fixing anything that is not explicitly reported. The UI will continue to be created for the original skin without regards whether it looks good on any other skin.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Clara D.

NiranV Dean

Animating Your Life
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Jan 2011
SLU Posts
Did a quick test to see how feasable a bright skin would be...

A bright skin is farther off than i thought, finding a decent window color alone turns out to be really annoying, let alone the tremendous amounts of work it would mean going through all colors, changing every widget (again), recoloring or completely re-designing them from scratch to make them match the new skin and the contrast is also a big thing, not only does the bright skin and dark text eliminate text shadows it also looks incredibly bad and amateurish... I think i'll rather opt for a lighter-than-default grey skin, similar to LL (or offer the LL skin with some tweaks).

• 1Agree
Reactions: Clara D.

Lucierda Solari

Sending you love and light
SL Rez
Every time I login, my avatar automatically starts flying and is set to always run. I can't find a setting that disables that.

NiranV Dean

Animating Your Life
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Jan 2011
SLU Posts
Always Run is Ctrl + R.
Remember flying state at Logout can be found in Preferences - General.

Always run is a temporary option and is saved nowhere, on relog it should be disabled by default.
Fly state is a permanent option and should remain at whatever you've set it to after relog, unless you crash on logout and your changes are not being saved.

Lucierda Solari

SL Rez
"Remember flying state at Logout" has already been disabled and yet I still start flying and automatically go into Mouselook view after logging in.

I disable Always Run every time but it is automatically enabled the next time I log into Second Life.

Lucierda Solari

SL Rez
Okay. Nevermind. I had a SpaceNavigator 3D mouse plugged into my PC.

I disabled "Use Flycam for Avatar Movement" and the problem went away. Phew. ^^,

• 1Like
Reactions: Govi