Reactions: Salome

CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
Good luck finding one right now (other than the crappy Lite versions).
Yep, looks like I was lucky to get my HAC-001(-01) model when I did in December. I haven't seen any full-Switches in the local enormo-mart since then, just Lites.
I don’t know if it’s any better,
It does have a better d-pad, but no rumble, and less battery life than the HAC-001(-01) switches. The Lite is fine, if you're buying it to only play handheld or to give a "second switch" to a family member to have their own Switch. I "could" have dealt with a Lite, but preferred getting a full-switch because I was one of those crazy people with a PStv and some games have tiny font sizes.
And I think they’re cheaper? If you don’t want to play on it like a console they might be easier to find?
Yes, they are cheaper, a hundred dollars cheaper, and that price was very tempting.
I’ve been rolling my eyes at variations on this theme since I was a kid and my bitchy aunt would get her panties in a twist about my “reading too much.”
My Dad, born in 1927, told me my Great-Grandmother who raised him, did that to him when he was young. He'd joke about me having my nose in a book, but it was just gentle ribbing, more about me being a "houseplant" and not-outdoorsy than reading. He bought me plenty of books and/or pointed out books to me or books he saw at say a garage sale he thought I'd like.
He wasn't a video gamer, but figured out why I liked them even though he said he wouldn't have the patience for the tedious grinding he saw I did.

Allison

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
2/17
SLU Posts
:( it makes my heart jealous and sad that I can't get one! lol

Good luck finding one right now (other than the crappy Lite versions). I have been trying to find one for Allison, but I've had no luck unless I wanted to pay a huge premium for them. Nintendo already always does artificial scarcity, but it's worse right now because they come from China so they are very difficult to find in stock anywhere.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Free

Ann Launay

Crumpet Khaleesi
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Aug 2007
SLU Posts
:( it makes my heart jealous and sad that I can't get one! lol
I’ve honestly been playing ACNH streams in the background while I work from home for weeks now. I’m either going to be sick of it by the time I can actually buy a Switch, or I’m going to fly through the content.

Ann Launay

Crumpet Khaleesi
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Aug 2007
SLU Posts
I beat the bots to a (regularly priced) Switch from Best Buy yesterday, but I was more than half convinced that the order would get cancelled, so I refrained from celebrating too much. It actually shipped today though, so now I'm just paranoid that it will get lost or stolen in shipping, or that it won't work when it gets here. 😬

• 1Like
  • 1Winner
Reactions: Cristiano and Free

CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
I have been assimilated:

2020042916473100-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D by cronocloudcreeggan, on Flickr

One of us, one of us. Gooble gobble, Gooble gobble. We accept her, we accept her. One of us, one of us.

I've paid off the Nook Miles loan and have the upgraded tool DIY plans. Leif and Blathers are on my island and I picked up some seeds. I'm sad I don't have an updo. My two villagers are Flo and Mac. My current problem is pocket space, I don't have enough and only have 2800 miles so I can't get the pocket space expansion yet.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: Cristiano