- Joined
- Sep 19, 2018
- Messages
- 9,979
- Location
- Ohio
- Joined SLU
- 02-22-2008
- SLU Posts
- 16791
Wait...the heck is a namwich?I want a vaccine, and freedom to go places, and a namwich.
Wait...the heck is a namwich?I want a vaccine, and freedom to go places, and a namwich.
Banh Mi. Specifically the Number 9 at Cam Huong in Union City. Grilled Pork. Vietnamese Sandwich. Namwich.Wait...the heck is a namwich?
Just to get it out of my soul, I wrote down some very nasty thoughts about these demonstrators. The thoughts are gone once written and deleted, but just the same... No wonder they voted for Trump; they are cut from the same cheap cloth.In not completely unexpected news, the whole alt-right carnival seems to have rolled into town on this bandwagon
![]()
The rightwing groups behind wave of protests against Covid-19 restrictions
Protesters in Michigan and other states claim to speak for ordinary citizens, but are also supported by street-fighting far-right groupswww.theguardian.com
Czechia has done 25 tests per confirmed case. UK has done 4. So they are more able to trace contacts of people and make sure they stay isolated/get checked regularly/etc. Their population is 10.65 million vs 67.9 million for the UK, so totals need to be adjusted for population size. UK density is 271/km^2 vs 134 for Czechia. Their largest city, Prague is 2.3 million metro vs 9.79 million for Greater London. London has a density of 5,631/km^2, while Prague has about 4,600, so not much different. Not sure what would account for the difference in deaths.If this is true, it's bloody strange that the Czech republic had its first confirmed case a couple of days after the UK and yet we have more than 14K dead now and the Czech republic? They have 177. As far as I can see the only difference between the Czech republic and the UK is that everyone wears a mask. Not hospital-grade clinical masks, but home made cloth masks.
If there are things I don't know about the low level of deaths in the Czech republic, please enlighten me, but as far as I am aware, the UK is doing all the same things except for the wearing of masks. Why in hell WHO hasn't advised the wearing of masks, I can't imagine.
It cuts down on evening parties, like the dummies who were congregating in someone's driveway locally, about half a dozen drinking and hanging out. The police broke it up and told them to go home.Curfew? Do they think it spreads more at one time than another?
This is horrifying. Totally ok if 2-3% of school kids die in Dr. Oz's estimation (that's over 1.5 million children)
Considering my first reaction on hearing the news was 'you mean they did not cancel it before'.Biggest convention in the us is canceled
![]()
San Diego Comic-Con Canceled Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
San Diego Comic-Con has been canceled amid widespread coronavirus fears.www.hollywoodreporter.com
The problem is everyone is doing it ... in the same places ... all at once .... and some people make no attempt at social distancing.I remember when all of this started they said we would still be allowed to go out doors, go for walks, go hiking, etc, and now it's like - you're walking your dog with your husband? How dare you?
Yeah, they are changing things too fast. I mean, you guys know I'm a big mask advocate, but requiring masks, when a week or two before they were actively discouraging their use is insane. If the government wants to require masks, they should issue us some masks.I remember when all of this started they said we would still be allowed to go out doors, go for walks, go hiking, etc, and now it's like - you're walking your dog with your husband? How dare you?
Funny you should share this. Earlier I shared the news about someone instigating social unrest and pointed out just how much it reminded me of the Brown Shirts - but there is a difference. When the problem is economic, then sure, let's start some rallies and throw over the apple cart. When the problem is a freaking pandemic? You're more likely to -lose- your brown shirts.![]()
Studying Fascist Propaganda by Day, Watching Trump’s Coronavirus Updates by Night
The Yale philosophy professor Jason Stanley sees parallels between history’s autocrats and the President’s actions in response to the pandemic.www.newyorker.com
![]()
Studying Fascist Propaganda by Day, Watching Trump’s Coronavirus Updates by Night | The New Yorker
News Desk Studying Fascist Propaganda by Day, Watching Trump’s Coronavirus Updates by Night By Andrew Marantz April 17, 2020 Responding to the coronavirus, Donald Trump is “acting the way strongmen al...www.evernote.com
I'm desperately hoping there's an effective vaccine readily available before that second wave hits.My biggest fear is that this will follow a similar trajectory as the 1918 flu epidemic whereby they were hit in the spring, it eased up in the summer, then hit hard and very hard in the fall/winter. They falsely felt that the worst was behind them.
I'm going to minimize public places as much as possible for some time to come.
Lots of streamers and youtubers starting up out of idle time. Also, teachers going online. And, of course, work-from-home Zoom meetings. Not too long ago I bought a capture card and webcam. I haven't done anything with them. I paid $50 for a Logitech C920S. They are selling for $150 on ebay atm. An Elgato HD60 Pro hasn't appreciated nearly as much. Still available on Amazon.
Jeepers. Here's the Amazon historical price graph for the c920s. Click the checkbox for 3rd party used.Lots of streamers and youtubers starting up out of idle time. Also, teachers going online. And, of course, work-from-home Zoom meetings. Not too long ago I bought a capture card and webcam. I haven't done anything with them. I paid $50 for a Logitech C920S. They are selling for $150 on ebay atm. An Elgato HD60 Pro hasn't appreciated nearly as much. Still available on Amazon.
Maybe that explains why the late night talk show hosts are on crappy consumer grade web cams and cell phones.Jeepers. Here's the Amazon historical price graph for the c920s. Click the checkbox for 3rd party used.
Logitech C920S HD Pro Webcam with Privacy Shutter - Widescreen Video Calling and Recording, 1080p Streaming Camera, Desktop or Laptop Webcam (B07K95WFWM)