Kamilah Hauptmann
Shitpost Sommelier
- Joined
- Sep 20, 2018
- Messages
- 15,369
- Location
- Cat Country (Can't Stop Here)
- SL Rez
- 2005
- Joined SLU
- Reluctantly
What in the name of Total Dumbfuckery is this nonsense?
What in the name of Total Dumbfuckery is this nonsense?
One of the Francoist slogans in the Spanish Civil War was ¡Viva la muerte!, Long Live Death!, so it's not inappropriate, I guess.
Grr!Looks like a governor defied His Majesty, the Total Authority Who Accepts No Responsibility.
“Lock her up.”
I am still trying to figure out what people want governors and mayors, who issued the orders, to actually do. If a business decides it is just happy staying closed what are they supposed to do, hold guns to the heads of their ceos or something?
“We’ve seen many lawyers in casual shirts and blouses, with no concern for ill-grooming, in bedrooms with the master bed in the background etc.”
In some cases, lawyers have given a new meaning to the term “legal briefs” by showing up without clothes or even in their swimsuits. “One male lawyer appeared shirtless and one female attorney appeared still in bed, still under the covers,” revealed the judge, who wears his formal black robes for video conferencing.
As Trevor Noah pointed out yesterday, it is silly to pretend things are normal right now. Those of us working from home have our entire families there, nonoptimal working conditions [some of my jr colleagues do not even have a desk], a long cleaning process whenever we get lunch delivery, and general concern about the state of the world. In these conditions you can maintain things for a few days but eventually you need an escape valve.![]()
Lawyers get dressing down for being semi-naked in web hearings | World | The Times
Lawyers get dressing down for being semi-naked in web hearings Jacqui Goddard, Miami Thursday April 16 2020, 12.01am, The Times Judge Dennis Bailey said that he continues to wear his robes for hearing...www.evernote.com
It's perhaps not too great a surprise to learn this is in Florida.
Yes, but are you, Trevor Noah, or any of your junior colleagues involved in formal court hearings, at which your clients will likely be present, to discuss matters which may have life-changing consequences for the clients?As Trevor Noah pointed out yesterday, it is silly to pretend things are normal right now. Those of us working from home have our entire families there, nonoptimal working conditions [some of my jr colleagues do not even have a desk], a long cleaning process whenever we get lunch delivery, and general concern about the state of the world. In these conditions you can maintain things for a few days but eventually you need an escape valve.
I am more worried about the people who went directly from all office to all home work without missing a beat.
You can't close down the whole court system -- people are still being charged with crimes, applying for bail, waiting for divorces to be made absolute and for the outcome of custody hearings and so on.I'm surprised lawyers are even still working. I've been involved in a thing and haven't heard diddly squat since before the lockdown started.
The simplistic idea of “opening up” fails to acknowledge that individual Americans’ risk-and-reward calculus may have shifted dramatically in the past few weeks. Yes, I’d like to go meet some girlfriends for drinks. But I am also a mother with responsibilities to three kids, so is a Moscow mule worth it? The answer will depend on so many factors between my home and sitting at the bar, and none of them will be weighed casually.
I saw a poll that 81% of us would like to just keep closed for now, thanks.What Will Post-Lockdown Look Like?
I have followed Julliette for awhile now, and find her views pretty straightforward. This is an interesting look into how she thinks society will adapt over the next months and years.
It depends who you talk to. My boss and VP know it is not life or death stuff. You would not get that impression from the various people we work with though.Yes, but are you, Trevor Noah, or any of your junior colleagues involved in formal court hearings, at which your clients will likely be present, to discuss matters which may have life-changing consequences for the clients?
Yeah, I was supposed to be on grand jury duty that ended march 13 but my doctor decided it would be a bad idea. I feel really bad for the people who need to head down there during all this.I'm surprised lawyers are even still working. I've been involved in a thing and haven't heard diddly squat since before the lockdown started.
When you get donnie and other politicos talking about opening I just boggle. I can not picture any scenario where we even partially open before July. Then we will be nowhere close to normal until there is a vaccine and even then it will not be exactly the same as before.I saw a poll that 81% of us would like to just keep closed for now, thanks.
I find the level of misunderstanding (on the reasons for social distancing) is still high, even after all these weeks of available information.What Will Post-Lockdown Look Like?
I have followed Julliette for awhile now, and find her views pretty straightforward. This is an interesting look into how she thinks society will adapt over the next months and years.
In the comments under the tweet/photo of MAGA people protesting, as an example, most were expressing how they would get what they deserve (Darwin award, etc.) In any case, yes, the shaming can get out of hand, and it can comme from those still not fully informed.Our attitudes and outlooks may change in disappointing ways. We will be home a lot more. We’ll also use shaming, against friends and others whom we judge to be taking needless risks, to cultivate better voluntary behavior.
And in this instance, HHJ Bailey was talking to lawyers appearing in his virtual court for remote hearings which, while perhaps not life and death stuff, do frequently concern matters that the various parties concerned in the disputes consider pretty important -- their liberty, their family, their property and so on.It depends who you talk to. My boss and VP know it is not life or death stuff. You would not get that impression from the various people we work with though.