Ailsa Muliaina
Member
- Joined
- Oct 4, 2018
- Messages
- 122
If I went to an Airbnb and that guy was the host I'd fucking cancel and run too, and it has nothing to do with the pandemicBut then, this guy:
If I went to an Airbnb and that guy was the host I'd fucking cancel and run too, and it has nothing to do with the pandemicBut then, this guy:
WASHINGTON — White supremacists discussed plans to weaponize coronavirus via “saliva,” a “spray bottle” or “laced items,” according to a weekly intelligence brief distributed by a federal law enforcement division on Feb. 17.
I wonder if he has a special display in his basement...If I went to an Airbnb and that guy was the host I'd fucking cancel and run too, and it has nothing to do with the pandemic![]()
Now that I have over the last 3.5 years gone from being a non crier to become a profuse crier over kindness, this is the kind of thing that does it.
THANK YOUI’m sure renters who’ve seen rents skyrocket and who have been evicted for bogus reasons because their buildings were taken over to be then made into rbnb’s are crying for him.
I do agree that in many cities AirBNB really contributed a large part to skyrocketing rents, but it is by far means not the main reason for that. There come other factors to into the game, which have absolutely nothing to do with AirBNB.Same with AirBNB. Originally advertised as a way for situationally-secure people with an extra unused room or a vacation apartment/house to make a some extra cash, now people have made being an AirBNB host their whole career. Not only did it lead to skyrocketing rents like you mention, and whole apartment buildings being turned into illegal hotels; but when the time came where AirBNB has to do this very simple, no-brainer humanitarian gesture in the middle of a freaking worldwide pandemic like letting people cancel their reservations without penalty, they've got their "hosts" like this screeching because "this is going to rob me of bajillions of dollars, you can't do that!"
I have little doubt that the red state attitude of 'not our problem, don't waste my tax dollars on them. Ignore them until they go away' has the contingency of 'and if they don't, put them on a bus to a blue state and make it their problem."Most cities are also not fighting homelessness, but instead transporting them away with a one way ticket and criminalising those people.
Well, donnie does not have a problem with it.God help this country if the casinos go bust.
Yeah, got a friend who just became a trucker in the states and some states have just closed the rest areas, and I'm gathering truck stops are as hard hit.
He's auditioning for Basil's role in a contemporary remake of Fawlty Towers.But then, this guy:
Background: AirBNB has let anyone with a reservation cancel without penalty due to the global pandemic health crisis we are currently facing. AirBNB "hosts" are furious about that because they usually get to keep some or all of the money when a customer cancels, and they don't particularly care that there's a worldwide plague disrupting peoples' plans.
They have to ruin everything, don't they? What's next on the remake list? Dad's Army?He's auditioning for Basil's role in a contemporary remake of Fawlty Towers.
www.politico.com