How COVID-19 is affecting society

Dakota Tebaldi

Well-known member
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
9,979
Location
Ohio
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
16791
But then, this guy:


Background: AirBNB has let anyone with a reservation cancel without penalty due to the global pandemic health crisis we are currently facing. AirBNB "hosts" are furious about that because they usually get to keep some or all of the money when a customer cancels, and they don't particularly care that there's a worldwide plague disrupting peoples' plans.
 

detrius

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
2,664
Location
Land of bread, beer and BMW.
Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
10065
But then, this guy:


Background: AirBNB has let anyone with a reservation cancel without penalty due to the global pandemic health crisis we are currently facing. AirBNB "hosts" are furious about that because they usually get to keep some or all of the money when a customer cancels, and they don't particularly care that there's a worldwide plague disrupting peoples' plans.
I lol'ed when that guy said guests cancelling their bookings is killing him.

Good luck telling that to the people who actually died from that virus.


Also bonus points for sporting that Nazi haircut.

(I know I'm terribly unfair here, but if you turn down the volume, you can easily imagine him being upset over being sent to the Eastern Front despite being a loyal party member since the beginning.)
 
Last edited:

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
9,529
Location
Montréal
SL Rez
2007
I lol'ed when that guy said guests cancelling their bookings is killing him.

Good luck telling that to the people who actually died from that virus.


Also bonus points for sporting that Nazi haircut.

(I know I'm terribly unfair here, but if you turn down the volume, you can easily imagine him being upset over being sent to the Eastern Front despite being a loyal party member since the beginning.)
I’m sure renters who’ve seen rents skyrocket and who have been evicted for bogus reasons because their buildings were taken over to be then made into rbnb’s are crying for him.