More Creepy Stuff Comes Out About Kavanaugh

Dillon Levenque

Cautiously creeping...
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
The last few days I've actually been getting pissed off at Debra Katz (Christine Ford's lawyer) for the way she handled asking for a delay. The real message (personal security concerns, no doubt fully justified) didn't get stressed; instead it looked like a wishy-washy delay. That would be EXACTLY what the Trump team would want; his base would be all over that! I felt like the whole thing, which had looked like it might at least impede Kavanaugh just on creepiness alone, would backfire. That it could be relatively convincingly portrayed as a clumsy partisan delay.

I needn't have worried. The Cheeto in Chief has stepped up to the plate, JUST when his side least needed him (he's so GOOD at doing things like that!). Now there's a new narrative. He's demanding proof. Trump challenges accuser of court pick

"Mr Trump questioned why law enforcement was not called at the time of the alleged assault, in 1982, if it was "as bad as she says"."

ETA: I didn't find a thread on this here or at SLU so I stuck this here.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Cindy Claveau

SL Rez
Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
The last few days I've actually been getting pissed off at Debra Katz (Christine Ford's lawyer) for the way she handled asking for a delay. The real message (personal security concerns, no doubt fully justified) didn't get stressed; instead it looked like a wishy-washy delay. That would be EXACTLY what the Trump team would want; his base would be all over that! I felt like the whole thing, which had looked like it might at least impede Kavanaugh just on creepiness alone, would backfire. That it could be relatively convincingly portrayed as a clumsy partisan delay.

I needn't have worried. The Cheeto in Chief has stepped up to the plate, JUST when his side least needed him (he's so GOOD at doing things like that!). Now there's a new narrative. He's demanding proof. Trump challenges accuser of court pick

"Mr Trump questioned why law enforcement was not called at the time of the alleged assault, in 1982, if it was "as bad as she says"."

ETA: I didn't find a thread on this here or at SLU so I stuck this here.
I'm reading it differently. Cable news is comparing this to the Clarence Thomas hearings, where both Hatch and Grassley were very loudly calling for an FBI background check. They've changed their tunes now, and it's hypocritical of them.

I think Ford is handling this just the right way.

Dillon Levenque

Cautiously creeping...
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I'm reading it differently. Cable news is comparing this to the Clarence Thomas hearings, where both Hatch and Grassley were very loudly calling for an FBI background check. They've changed their tunes now, and it's hypocritical of them.

I think Ford is handling this just the right way.
I intentionally limit my news intake making me less informed, but also less angry. I'm angry enough already. Anyway, I did not see what you saw on cable news. I know you follow things a lot closer than I do (how do you remain sane?) so naturally I'll not argue. I am still glad Orange has decided to jump in and be so glaringly wrong.

Cindy Claveau

SL Rez
Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
I intentionally limit my news intake making me less informed, but also less angry. I'm angry enough already. Anyway, I did not see what you saw on cable news. I know you follow things a lot closer than I do (how do you remain sane?) so naturally I'll not argue. I am still glad Orange has decided to jump in and be so glaringly wrong.
Who said I was sane? :) I've had to exercise Buddha-like patience that eventually this nightmare will end badly for Trump and his gangsters. I know the good guy doesn't always win, but I think there's enough good guys left today to make sure there will always be a counter-weight to the corruption and divisiveness we're seeing.

Kavanaugh poll numbers dive

Trump, I think, has been advised to soft pedal Kavanaugh (except in his "rallies") since Trump Support usually means his candidate loses. If they're playing the long game, they'll weather this and hope for another try after the mid-terms. My money is on a Blue mid-term that will finish sinking this excuse of a Presidency.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts

Stupid is as stupid does.

I hope that seriously blows up in his face.

Ryanna Enfield

I cringed reading all of their responses. What a total lack of empathy. Sad thing is, they have probably experienced some kind of similar incident in their own past, or even more likely, a close family member's past. I guess they would be tripping over each other to sign their daughter's up to clerk for Kavanaugh. :sick: