paramount+ Star Trek Picard Series!

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Maybe this might Warm up a few people... particulary those with amazon prime outside of the US?

NOTE: US is still locked to CBS.. sorry.

Amazon Beams Up Global Rights To CBS All Access’ Jean-Luc Picard ‘Star Trek’ Series

Amazon Prime Video has taken the global rights to the forthcoming untitled Star Trek Jean-Luc Picard series. The SVOD will air the Sir Patrick Stewart-fronted series in more than 200 countries and territories outside of the U.S. and Canada.

The major deal, which was struck by CBS Studios International, comes as CBS All Access’ original Star Trek spin-off airs on Amazon rival Netflix.

The show will air on Amazon globally within 24 hours of its U.S. premiere. It will see Stewart reprising his role as Jean-Luc Picard, which he played for seven seasons on Star Trek: Next Generation, and will follow Picard in the next chapter of his life.

Last edited:

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Ah yes, Star Trek: Vinery!

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Star Trek Picard series is actually called star trek picard...also a one picture sneak peek

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
They could air it on normal CBS channels for all I care. After STD I never plan on watching another CBS produced trek. Unless Stewart sold out CBS probably has something on him as he would have to be blind not to see how the fans feel about what they did to the IP.

Last edited:

Lianne Marten

Cheese Baron
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 18 2007
SLU Posts
Redlettermedia did a video about what this series definitely is not going to be a little while ago.

It's a fun watch though it might just increase the amount of disappointment the real thing creates.

• 1Like
Reactions: Chalice Yao

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
If it's only going to be on CBS All Access here I won't be watching. Two series--not even two, cos Picard is more of a mini series, isn't it?--is not enough for me to add another streaming service.
And I still don't like the Discovery Klingons.

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
SL Rez
They should just make new title cards for ST:TNG that read ST:p, BAM! Several seasons already in the can!

Also, I decree that if they use STP as the name, that STP Oil Treatment should be paid for the use. Otherwise ST:p should be used as it includes :p which is what I give this show.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
If it's only going to be on CBS All Access here I won't be watching. Two series--not even two, cos Picard is more of a mini series, isn't it?--is not enough for me to add another streaming service.
And I still don't like the Discovery Klingons.
Add me to that list. I'm sick of everyone jumping on the subscription model bandwagon. It's getting to the point where paying for all the different subscriptions out there will dwarf my cable bill. I have Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime. Everyone else can just piss off!

danielravennest

SLU Posts
Add me to that list. I'm sick of everyone jumping on the subscription model bandwagon. It's getting to the point where paying for all the different subscriptions out there will dwarf my cable bill. I have Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime. Everyone else can just piss off!
What some people are doing is rotating subscriptions. Watch Netflix till you run out of things to watch, switch to Hulu and repeat, etc.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
What some people are doing is rotating subscriptions. Watch Netflix till you run out of things to watch, switch to Hulu and repeat, etc.
Yeah, I'm binge-watching my Hulu options until my trial $1 subscription runs out.

OrinB

tutti fruitti
SL Rez
Joined SLU
23 Sept 2009
SLU Posts
I gave up on any cable subscriptions. I finally got NowTV for a few weeks to watch GOT. I refuse to pay for amazon prime. I only just picked up Netflix to watch a few shows. I’m lucky I can stream bbc iPlayer and other uk channel streaming services from my phone to my tv via my google dongle thingy. Don’t need anything else.

As long as it comes out on Netflix I expect I’ll watch Picard. I always enjoyed next generation and I’ve just binge watched discovery. Despite all the groans from “true fans” I actually enjoyed it. I’m pretty familiar with the whole franchise having watched all of ds9 and voyager as well as the films and the original. I watched most of enterprise but it was on at a stupid time over here and I lost my cable subscription at the time too so didn’t finish it.

I know what it means to have to refresh a show and be beholden to network finance yet still aiming to keep true to a bible. Sometimes money just doesn’t buy taste!

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
I have Prime because I do order from Amazon.
I have cable because the package isn't that much more than just the internet (at a decent bandwidth).
I have Britbox because it has a bunch of things I like.
I may have to get Netflix because of the series, but that's where I draw the line. So if Netflix or Prime gets the Tell series I will watch.
If they were smart they'd let at least I've of the larger streaming services carry their series and have it for less on their own service, IMHO.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
That's actually not a bad idea!

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Ghost Pepper

Gaming Guru
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Santiago Cabrera & Michelle Hurd To Co-Star In ‘Star Trek’ Jean-Luc Picard Series On CBS All Access

Makes me kinda wonder what kind of show it'll be with the descriptions of the characters that they will supposedly play.

No details are being revealed about the characters Cabrera and Hurd are playing, but I hear Cabrera will play the pilot of Picard’s ship who also is a skillful thief. Hurd is playing a former intelligence officer who is a brilliant analyst with a terrific memory that has not been affected by her drug and alcohol abuse.

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
that description gives me a star wars type vibe..

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Yeah, hulu I get with my Sprint phone service. Amazon I get because I have Prime. Everyone else can piss off .... Disney is the ONLY company that has enough original content to make another streaming service worthwhile. Sure, others may get 1 or 2 original programs I like but I will buy those shows outright.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I gave up on any cable subscriptions. I finally got NowTV for a few weeks to watch GOT. I refuse to pay for amazon prime. I only just picked up Netflix to watch a few shows. I’m lucky I can stream bbc iPlayer and other uk channel streaming services from my phone to my tv via my google dongle thingy. Don’t need anything else.

As long as it comes out on Netflix I expect I’ll watch Picard. I always enjoyed next generation and I’ve just binge watched discovery. Despite all the groans from “true fans” I actually enjoyed it. I’m pretty familiar with the whole franchise having watched all of ds9 and voyager as well as the films and the original. I watched most of enterprise but it was on at a stupid time over here and I lost my cable subscription at the time too so didn’t finish it.

I know what it means to have to refresh a show and be beholden to network finance yet still aiming to keep true to a bible. Sometimes money just doesn’t buy taste!
When I was deciding whether or not to do prime I listed all the services and how much I truthfully would pay for each. No, not what companies would want, but how much I valued them. For example, rush shipping (their marquis thing) got a low value from me since I could get free shipping anyway, just a couple days longer. When my total got larger than the cost of prime I pulled the trigger.