#JAILTOTHECHIEF- Shit Just Got Real

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Are you a MAGAist? Do you support the Donny? Do you want to show your support in wearing your MAGA cap, but do feel unsure and doubtful to which places you can go without getting kicked out or getting some smashed teeth?

Don't be afraid no more, because now there's an app for you, which does exactly that: 63red Safe, calling itself a "yelp for conservatives." Just open it up, find the Trumpists safe zones in your area and go there, job done.

By the way this whole app is really unsafe, there's a dedicated thread on Twitter about it:

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
In the light of Individual 1's latest claims about aviation,

how long before he starts to claim that "I know.. some people say... almost everyone agrees I know more about designing and flying planes that anyone since the Wright brothers"?

Ashiri

√(-1)
SL Rez
SLU Posts
In the light of Individual 1's latest claims about aviation,

how long before he starts to claim that "I know.. some people say... almost everyone agrees I know more about designing and flying planes that anyone since the Wright brothers"?
And more about relativity than Albert Einstein, whom it appears, is the only scientist DJT has heard of.

I can see quite clearly why Nancy thinks impeachment of DJT would be counter-productive.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
I can see quite clearly why Nancy thinks impeachment of DJT would be counter-productive.
Indeed. Given that New York State has now subpoenaed banks related to past Trump Organization projects, the longer he stays in office, the more dirt will be exposed, and the worse the Republicans will do in the next election. Probably the best case would be for him to be dragged out of office on state charges, but too late in the election cycle for Pence to run, leaving them nobody.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Are you a MAGAist? Do you support the Donny? Do you want to show your support in wearing your MAGA cap, but do feel unsure and doubtful to which places you can go without getting kicked out or getting some smashed teeth?

Don't be afraid no more, because now there's an app for you, which does exactly that: 63red Safe, calling itself a "yelp for conservatives." Just open it up, find the Trumpists safe zones in your area and go there, job done.

By the way this whole app is really unsafe, there's a dedicated thread on Twitter about it:

Aw .... do they need their safe spaces now?

• 1LOL
Reactions: Brenda Archer

danielravennest

SLU Posts

Lianne Marten

Cheese Baron
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 18 2007
SLU Posts
A theory why Nancy Pelosi doesn’t want to impeach :

The Real Reason Pelosi Doesn’t Want to Impeach Trump - The Bulwark

I think she just wants to see if investigations result in bipartisan suppor for some way of removing him, but this theory doesn’t seem that far fetched.
The reason she doesn't want to Impeach is because the Senate is fully Republican and will never vote to Impeach him. And they are kind of required for the process. Doing so would be a waste of time and only shore up the already-existing idea that this is just a thing that the opposing party does when they are in control of part of the legislature. See: the GOP during Obama's time.

She's not an idiot. If she does something it's because it will have an effect. There's literally no reason to go to that level right now.

We cannot get rid of Donald before 2020. It just won't ever happen.

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
The reason she doesn't want to Impeach is because the Senate is fully Republican and will never vote to Impeach him.
That’s what I meant by bipartisan support for removal.

• 1Like
Reactions: Govi

Lianne Marten

Cheese Baron
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 18 2007
SLU Posts
That won't ever happen. Republicans don't turn on their own, and they follow the leader. The only way he can be removed without being voted out is if Democrats control everything.

• 1Agree
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer and Govi

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
That won't ever happen. Republicans don't turn on their own, and they follow the leader. The only way he can be removed without being voted out is if Democrats control everything.
I am just paraphrasing what she said: “unless there’s something so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan, I don’t think we should go down that path,” I doubt she thinks that is on the horizon — but until the Watergate era Republicans heard enough testimony, they totally supported Nixon, who won all but one state. Of course, they were not beholden to Putin and controlled by McConnell, and Nixon was not head of a crime family. But as Michelle Goldberg recently wrote in the Times, the televised hearings could have a very powerful effect Opinion | Trump’s TV Trial

• 2Like
Reactions: Govi and Brenda Archer

Lianne Marten

Cheese Baron
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 18 2007
SLU Posts
Right, what she's doing there is squarely putting the focus on the GOP. Everyone knows it won't happen but it leaves the door open which keeps them as the responsible party for when impeachable evidence comes up and they still refuse to act upon it.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Do you hate watching golf? Well, I suspect you'll love reading about it.

Donald Trump Awards Donald Trump Trump's 20th Trump Golf Club Championship
Donald Trump is good at golf. We know this because he brings it up a lot, and sometimes asks other people to bring it up so that he can hear the stories about himself all over again. Here he is making the CEO of General Electric tell a story about the time that they were playing golf together and Trump got a hole-in-one, right after saying, “I’m the best golfer of all the rich people.”

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
It's really hard to play golf with a guy who can teleport. Every hole a hole in one, and you don't even see the ball move.

Edit: Chukjibeop - Wikipedia

Last edited:
  • 1lolwut?

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
NY Prosecutors Announce Manafort Indictment Minutes After Federal Sentencing

In a pointed statement, Manhattan DA Cy Vance said "No one is beyond the law in New York". I think he's referring to a particular Manhattan resident now occupying the White House. Also, as we know by now, Trump does not have pardon power for state charges.
Earlier Wednesday, a federal judge sentenced Manafort, who is 69 years old, to 43 months of additional prison time on conspiracy charges lodged by Mueller as part of his probe of Russian election meddling and possible Trump campaign collusion.

Less than a week earlier, Manafort had received a 47-month prison sentence in another federal case lodged by Mueller. Manafort’s combined prison time in the Mueller cases totals 7½ years.
Well that's a little better than the shameful 4 years he was originally given I guess.

• 1Like
Status
Not open for further replies.