The 2024 U.S. Presidential race

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
10,703
Location
Right... Behind... You...
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
65535
I'm kind of on the fence on this. Normally, I would never mock one's physical impairments. But when Don von Shitzenpants's very behavior is mocking others, I will throw it right back at him, and the same goes for his followers.
 

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,694
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565
The idea that someone would laugh at Trump for needing to wear diapers.

Or, how everyone keeps complaining about how much he smells.

Or, that his weight is equal to that of a baby elephant.

I mean, some people...

:hellokitty::hellokitty::hellokitty:
 

Casey Pelous

Senior Discount
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 24, 2018
Messages
3,346
Location
USA, upper left corner
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
February, 2011
SLU Posts
10461
All things considered, my calling him Drowsy Donny VonShitzenpantz is probably a healthier choice than the gentle but firm drawing and quartering followed by shooting in the head I would like to deliver to the foul beast.
 

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
9,529
Location
Montréal
SL Rez
2007
You know, at the start of all this Trump mania (how long has it been now? Almost ten years?) I also felt uneasy about all the jabs about how he looked, etc. If someone we respected had ugly hair, or extra pounds, or stood in a funny way, would we all be saying these things? How would we feel about those on the “other” side saying these things in stead of concentrating on the issues we disagree on? I clearly remember saying something like this here.

Now? I don’t care. If people where saying things like “What a moron, he wears incontinence briefs because of an ailment…” I would still be uncomfortable with it, but I see now that it’s more about flinging his own shit using the same terms he would, and not about demeaning anyone who may have the same problem.

I don’t believe in using violence when confronted with another viewpoint, but if someone punches me in the face, I’m punching back. There’s only so much turn the other cheek I can take. That may not be very elegant or dignified, but I completely understand it, and I have often reacted in the same manner.

Trump demeans, bullies, insults, punches first, and belittles anyone he feels is a threat. This is who he is. This is how he has always gotten his way. He takes advantage of those who don’t push back, thinks of them as losers.

If a fat person makes fun of your looks, does calling him a fat twat mean you think people who struggle with weight are gross? Idk, but I think most would understand your reaction, and that you were simply giving back the same medicine, hoping the fat twat realizes that he isn’t any “better“.


TL;DR?

I get it now, and I personally don’t have a problem with people making fun of him using the same tactics he does, even though I also find it distasteful.

I mean, HE IS STILL RUNNING for office FFS. None of all this makes sense to me. Maybe punching back no-holds-barred is the only way.
 

GoblinCampFollower

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
5,884
SL Rez
2007
If a fat person makes fun of your looks, does calling him a fat twat mean you think people who struggle with weight are gross? Idk...
Honestly, the answer is a clear "yes" here. I agree with every other point you made. I can relate to wanting to defeat and humiliate Trump at ALL COSTS, but the answer to this question is "yes."

I think the best argument for insulting Trump's weight is that he does it to other people (especially women) but I'd beg people to be thoughtful about how they do it.
 

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
5,484
Location
Columbus, OH
SL Rez
2010
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
42
I have made fun of Trump's height and weight primarily by comparing him to people who are actually the height and weight he publicly claims to be.

To me the issue isn't so much his physical shape as much as his obvious lies about it.
 

detrius

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
2,664
Location
Land of bread, beer and BMW.
Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
10065
It's fine to punch a nazi in the face and if I just call them a bad word, then I'm being nice to them.
 
  • 2Agree
Reactions: Myradyl Muse and Ellie

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
7,254
SL Rez
2006
It's fine to call a rapist all kinds of bad things.
So here is the logical outcome of that justification:

"Trump is a faggot."

"Trump is a n****r-lover."

Those are also "bad things" to call someone. Except they're not if you think being gay is not an epithet, nor is being friends with black people. Those are actually neutral items that are being twisted into an epithet.

So you're arguing that making fun of Trump for using an adult diaper and not being able to control his bowels is a "bad thing" that you're allowed to call him. Because adults wearing diapers is a "bad thing". Except it's not a bad thing, anymore than being gay is a bad thing. it's a medical issue afflicting many people, and unfortunately one that is already considered shameful, which it shouldn't be. Just as being gay shouldn't be shameful, but some people still insist that it is. Using that medical condition to mock Trump assumes that it is shameful, otherwise no one would even bring it up when trying to denigrate Trump (denigration which he richly deserves).

I have no problem with the diaper as a metaphor for Trump's acting like an infant. That's in line with Veritable's pricking Trump for his vanity. But making fun of him for having no control over his bowels? I just don't see that as an earned jibe. Its sting can't be narrowed to just apply to Trump.

I don't happen to wear Depends, but I'm of an age when my future could all too easily go in that direction. So this topic isn't a direct hit on me personally, but damn, it's getting uncomfortably close.
 

GoblinCampFollower

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
5,884
SL Rez
2007
So here is the logical outcome of that justification:

"Trump is a faggot."

"Trump is a n****r-lover."

Those are also "bad things" to call someone. Except they're not if you think being gay is not an epithet, nor is being friends with black people. Those are actually neutral items that are being twisted into an epithet.

So you're arguing that making fun of Trump for using an adult diaper and not being able to control his bowels is a "bad thing" that you're allowed to call him. Because adults wearing diapers is a "bad thing". Except it's not a bad thing, anymore than being gay is a bad thing. it's a medical issue afflicting many people, and unfortunately one that is already considered shameful, which it shouldn't be. Just as being gay shouldn't be shameful, but some people still insist that it is. Using that medical condition to mock Trump assumes that it is shameful, otherwise no one would even bring it up when trying to denigrate Trump (denigration which he richly deserves).

I have no problem with the diaper as a metaphor for Trump's acting like an infant. That's in line with Veritable's pricking Trump for his vanity. But making fun of him for having no control over his bowels? I just don't see that as an earned jibe. Its sting can't be narrowed to just apply to Trump.

I don't happen to wear Depends, but I'm of an age when my future could all too easily go in that direction. So this topic isn't a direct hit on me personally, but damn, it's getting uncomfortably close.
Thank you very much!

And yeah.... I relate to the idea that any tactic is fair against a total monster but that doesn't mean any tactic actually helps us or doesn't have any unintended consequences.
 

CronoCloud Creeggan

Eliza, because Free says so.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 26, 2018
Messages
2,606
Location
Central Illinois
SL Rez
2006
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
278
I don't happen to wear Depends, but I'm of an age when my future could all too easily go in that direction. So this topic isn't a direct hit on me personally, but damn, it's getting uncomfortably close.
Thanks for your post, Beebo.

I'm of an age as well...and I do have urgency sometimes and I do leak so I DO use protective liners. And I DID wear depend style briefs for a while after my Perineal Urethrostomy in 2009. So yeah, making fun of the Orange Former Guy for Depends or his weight, is not something I'd do.

But making fun of his actions or criticizing his actions...that's open season. Which is why I've made fun of his orangeness, or his eating good steaks with ketchup (it's okay if you're a kid), or being a horrible businessman, catering to bigoted assholes, and being a generally evil person. I generally refer to him as "The Donald" when talking about him, that's what his late ex-wife Ivana called him. I don't want to dignify him by calling him "Former President Trump", he didn't deserve to be it in the first place and I certainly do NOT want him to become President again. He's a horrible person who should have never been elected to any office, let alone President.
 

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,694
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565


So it's NOT a tumor?

The man had a worm literally eating his brain. I'm not really sure how to react to that news.
 

Noodles

The sequel will probably be better.
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,459
Location
Illinois
SL Rez
2006
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
6947
I feel like making fun of trump for [insert physical problem here] is less about mocking him for that problem, but more pointing out and mocking his hypocrisy over doing the same thing (the mocking).
 

Cindy Claveau

Radical Left Degenerate
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
3,488
Location
US
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
44403
I feel like making fun of trump for [insert physical problem here] is less about mocking him for that problem, but more pointing out and mocking his hypocrisy over doing the same thing (the mocking).
It wouldn't be nearly as much fun if he wasn't a supreme example of a narcissistic monster.