Nobody Cares: PRS

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
10,706
Location
Right... Behind... You...
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
65535

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,702
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565
This is not an old link, but rather new news:

Exclusive: House ethics probe of Gaetz seeks information from DOJ and woman who allegedly had sex with congressman as a minor
The House Ethics Committee investigating Rep. Matt Gaetz has reached out to the woman whom the congressman allegedly had sexual relations with when she was a 17-year-old minor, according to a source familiar with the committee’s work.

The outreach, which has not previously been reported, is a sign that the GOP-led committee’s investigation into the Florida Republican has recently expanded to include questioning around allegations of sex crimes.

Sources said the committee also has reached out to the Justice Department requesting materials from its investigation into Gaetz, which included allegations of lobbying violations, sex-trafficking and possible obstruction of justice. The federal probe, which also included allegations he had sex with a minor, concluded in 2023 with no charges brought against the congressman.
 

Govi

Crazy woman yells at clouds
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
1,616
Location
North of Surf City
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
27.05.2009
SLU Posts
5294
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
6,768
Location
NJ suburb of Philadelphia
SL Rez
2003
SLU Posts
4494
Both SpaceX and Trader Joes are arguing the NLRB itself is an unconstitutional agency. I was under the impression Trader Joes was at least moderately progressive. It seems not.

 

Zaida Gearbox

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 23, 2018
Messages
1,379
I'm not a fan of Nikki Haley, but the slut shaming coming from the Donald Trump worshippers just makes me sick. No, I don't think it's okay if she cheated on ehr husband. But, Trump has been married 3 times, hasn't been faithful to any of them. Plus, he now owes 80 million dollars to a woman he raped. But, Nikki Haley isn't fit to be president because she may have cheated on her husband many years ago? Fuck that noise.
 

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,702
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565
Aww, gee. We may not have her to kick around much longer.

 

Zaida Gearbox

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 23, 2018
Messages
1,379
And while I'm on about misogyny. I dont understand the online hate of Taylor Swift. I'm not a Swiftie, but I won't deny that she is a talented young lady. Plus, she is said to be super nice - treats her road crew and other employees really well. She's reputed to be a generous tipper. So whats the problem? Is it that people really can't stand seeing a woman rise to the heights she has?
 

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
10,706
Location
Right... Behind... You...
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
65535
And while I'm on about misogyny. I dont understand the online hate of Taylor Swift. I'm not a Swiftie, but I won't deny that she is a talented young lady. Plus, she is said to be super nice - treats her road crew and other employees really well. She's reputed to be a generous tipper. So whats the problem? Is it that people really can't stand seeing a woman rise to the heights she has?
Exactly that. People - particularly Republicans - feel threatened by strong, successful women. It completely upends their world view that women are supposed to be meek and submissive.
 

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
7,938
Location
Coonspiracy Central, Noonkkot
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
20780
A good chunk of the Hillary Clinton hate -- from both sides of the aisle -- is motivated by that. The mass attacks from the press started when she dared to do actual political stuff as a First Lady instead of staying in the White House and baking cakes.
 

Casey Pelous

Senior Discount
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 24, 2018
Messages
3,347
Location
USA, upper left corner
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
February, 2011
SLU Posts
10461
Exactly that. People - particularly Republicans - feel threatened by strong, successful women. It completely upends their world view that women are supposed to be meek and submissive.
More specifically, this particular strong, successful woman has been urging her fans to get out and vote.

You know. Her fans. THE WRONG PEOPLE.
 

Zaida Gearbox

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 23, 2018
Messages
1,379
A good chunk of the Hillary Clinton hate -- from both sides of the aisle -- is motivated by that. The mass attacks from the press started when she dared to do actual political stuff as a First Lady instead of staying in the White House and baking cakes.
I legit don't like her, but when people would do things like yell iron my shirt.

But I feel like Bill Clinton was/is a sexual predator who is just as vile as Donald Trump, and Hillary was central I'm covering for him, shut shaming his victims, and ruining Monica Lewinskis life. And I can't forgive her for that.

Also her attitude toward women who chose to be SAHM pissed me off. My mom has a degree in mathematics, but chose to stay home. I applaud women who go out and have a career. I also applaud women who choose to prioritize their children and stay home. Being a single mom, I didn't have a choice. But if I'd had one, I probably would have chosen to stay home.
 

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,702
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565
Victorian MP Georgie Purcell criticises Nine News for ‘sexist’ image editing to make outfit more revealing
The program’s news director, Hugh Nailon, apologised to the upper house Animal Justice Party MP on Tuesday for the “graphic error”, and blamed “automation by Photoshop”.

“Our graphics department sourced an online image of Georgie to use in our story on duck hunting. As is common practice, the image was resized to fit our specs,” he said.

“During that process, the automation by Photoshop created an image that was not consistent with the original. This did not meet the high editorial standards we have and for that we apologise to Ms Purcell unreservedly.”
No automation in Photoshop could have done the changes shown without some human involved in the process. Even Adobe agrees:
But in a statement on Tuesday afternoon, a spokesperson for Adobe said use of its generative AI features would have required “human intervention”.