"Florida Man" is still at it

danielravennest

SLU Posts
A different kind of Florida man:

His paternal grandparents were homesteaders on what is now Kennedy Space Center property. He has a copy of the deed signed by President Woodrow Wilson in 1917. The 160 acres were located at the north end of the runway used for shuttle landings.

He grew up near Cape Canaveral, graduating from high school a year before Mercury astronaut Alan Shepard became the first American in space 60 years ago this week.

He went to law school and served in the U.S. Army Reserve during the Vietnam War. After a few terms in the Florida legislature, as a Democrat, he won election to Congress, first in the House and then the Senate, before a 2018 defeat ended his political career. It was while he was a congressman that he rode on the shuttle — just two weeks before Challenger’s astronauts perished during liftoff.
This homeboy from the Florida coast, Bill Nelson, is now NASA's administrator.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Florida man (and woman) who went to Gaetz ''s Nazi rally get interviewed

"I saw it on TV," so it must be true!

The final tally that showed Biden did indeed win the election was on TV too, but they choose to not believe that.

The mental gymnastics they have to perform to reconcile how one statement can be true and another false for the same exact reason just astounds me!

danielravennest

SLU Posts
"I saw it on TV," so it must be true!

The final tally that showed Biden did indeed win the election was on TV too, but they choose to not believe that.

The mental gymnastics they have to perform to reconcile how one statement can be true and another false for the same exact reason just astounds me!
The problem is if they get their information from Fox, they are only seeing one side of the story.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
So as not to risk attracting the attentions of Matt Gaetz, I assume.

"She thought she was doing the right thing and trying to be helpful" -- not words I would want as my epitaph.

Last edited:

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
SL Rez
Joined SLU

"She thought she was doing the right thing and trying to be helpful" -- not words I would want as my epitaph.
If I were the photography studio, I would be all over this with a law suit. There's all kinds of IP violations in there, not to mention the bullying etc that resulted from people meddling where they don't belong.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

WolfEyes

SL Rez
Joined SLU
That was fast

(I wonder if the teacher feels mortified or hard-done-by).
Wait, wait. I was just reading another article that was saying those dress code changes are already in effect. wtf?

Something is rotten in Florida and it isn't the Dems.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Rose Karuna

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
That was fast

(I wonder if the teacher feels mortified or hard-done-by).
Thinking about the problems I had with self -image in high school due to bullying over whatever aspect of my appearance the bullies could latch onto, if that had happened to me it would definitely cause more bullying and resultant anxiety, because if that wasn't the last yearbook photo and I'd be out of there, I'd be dreading the next one.
I hope those girls' parents sue and win.

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU

In a comment to the St Augustine Record, Christina Langston, the district chief of community relations, said the editing was done by a female teacher who concluded that the photographs violated the district dress code that “clothing that is immodest, revealing, or distracting in character is unacceptable”.
Betcha 100 lindens that the female teacher they are referring to identifies as an "Evangelical Christian".

This sort of reminds me of the days when the nuns in Catholic school used to measure your uniform skirt, which should be right at the knee and when it wasn't, they would pin crepe paper to the entire hem and you had to go through the day "slut shamed".

I used to wear my skirt at mid-calf and that used to piss them off too. One day one of the industrious nuns got scissors and cut the skirt to knee length. At which point my Grandmother walked me to school the next day and bitched so loudly, she even scared the nuns. They did not mess with my clothing after that. Ever.

WolfEyes

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Betcha 100 lindens that the female teacher they are referring to identifies as an "Evangelical Christian".

This sort of reminds me of the days when the nuns in Catholic school used to measure your uniform skirt, which should be right at the knee and when it wasn't, they would pin crepe paper to the entire hem and you had to go through the day "slut shamed".

I used to wear my skirt at mid-calf and that used to piss them off too. One day one of the industrious nuns got scissors and cut the skirt to knee length. At which point my Grandmother walked me to school the next day and bitched so loudly, she even scared the nuns. They did not mess with my clothing after that. Ever.
Mine were always mid-knee which was fine with me since we were supposed to wear the pants/slacks only on the coldest days, which for me was every day from October through April, because my mother was really good at thinking and planning ahead to avoid bullshit like that happening to me. It still happened in other ways, but she did succeed in shielding me from even worse treatment.

I wonder if Sister Michael Rose is still principle at Menard and if she ever figured out I took my radio back after she took it from me. I had tried to get it back after I transferred to another school and she refused. I worked my ass off to pay for that radio. So I took a chance one day and walked into her office when she was out and about on school grounds, saw my radio sitting (plugged in) on a file cabinet and walked out with it in my hand. The only lie I told to the receptionist was that Sister Michael Rose knew I was coming for it. In a way it wasn't a lie since she knew sooner or later I would come for it. I had told her I would. She didn't like me very much because I wouldn't play into her head games or put up with her shit. I kept hoping she would try to claim I stole my own radio from her but I never heard a word about it. I still had the receipts from when I had bought the radio on layaway and paid it off just a couple of weeks before she took it.

ETA: Of course being non-Catholic attending a private Catholic school didn't help.

• 1Hug
Reactions: Rose Karuna

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Florida is the kind of place where you might actually see a dinosaur running through your backyard at 3 in the morning. Either that or a Komodo Dragon, which is what my money is on. We get giant cranes and they run nothing like the big lizard that's in this video. My guess would be that someone was keeping a Komodo Dragon around here as a pet and it broke loose!

We have had a variety of stuff break out from private homes and even zoos, from monkeys to various exotic snakes. Who even knows what is really festering in the everglades at this point. :cthulhu:

• 1Like
Reactions: Grandma Bates