Coup in the USA?

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
More of those down and out, underprivileged, economically hurting Trump supporters taking a private plane to become insurrectionists, eh?

From the story:

The county’s rapid growth has increased its diversity — with the Latino and Asian American populations growing, and the White population in decline — causing tensions, some residents say. In 2017, Plano Mayor Harry LaRosiliere was challenged by an opponent who promised to “keep Plano suburban,” which LaRosiliere, who is Black, said was a “dog whistle” for residents wanting to keep the town White and affluent.
Keep Plano suburban. Wow. We know exactly what that means, yeah. Keep Plano white.

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Another take from the story, it appears lingering economic fears from the pandemic were also in play:
Brian Miller was among those who boarded a private plane ... He said economic fears drove the rioters, many of whom were small-business owners struggling to maintain their North Texas lifestyles even before the pandemic hit.
“They’re more concerned about losing everything we have gained in the last four years,” Miller, 49, said. The real estate agent said he spent six months on unemployment last year.
“A lot of people lost their livelihoods because of the pandemic, moving in with family to try and make ends meet,” he said.
A Washington Post analysis last month of the financial records of more than 100 of those facing charges in the riot found nearly 60 percent of them had prior money troubles, including bankruptcies, bad debts and tax liens. That includes Jennifer “Jenna” Ryan, 50, the Frisco real estate agent who had invited Miller on the plane ride. Ryan once filed for bankruptcy and nearly lost a home to foreclosure.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Jolene Benoir

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Another take from the story, it appears lingering economic fears from the pandemic were also in play:
Sure, but they still found a way to board a private plane. It sounds like they are/were struggling to support their lifestyles which could well mostly be due to the pandemic, but could also be an indication of being overextended financially. They wanted to keep Trump because they feel that they've benefited financially during the four years of his term. Needless to say, many many folks have had assorted struggles during the pandemic but didn't board private planes to commit insurrection.

As to the WP analysis that 60% of the insurrectionists have had financial difficulties in their lives I'm not all that surprised. I mean, they fell for a con man like Trump, which makes me wonder about their other decision-making skillls. The WP article talks about Ryan. She had a $37K lien due to unpaid federal taxes at the time of insurrection but it also states that she faced another tax lien in 2010, filed for bankruptcy in 2012 and almost faced a foreclosure. She has a history of financial issues for quite some time, yet is still living in a wealthy suburb?

WP went back two decades on those folks so I would bet that at least some of the other's financial problems aren't necessarily current. They are counting the parents of that 22 yr old woman who stole the laptop from Pelosi's office. The parents had a bankruptcy when she was a child and a foreclosure when she was a teen. That does indicate financial instability but not her own and not due to the pandemic.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Texas AG Conceals Messages He Sent During Pro-Trump Rally And Insurrection
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, who led the effort to get the Supreme Court to overturn the 2020 election for ex-President Donald Trump, is refusing to give the media the texts and emails he sent and received on Jan 6., the day he spoke at the D.C. Trump rally that led to the Capitol insurrection, according to the Houston Chronicle.

The attorney general’s office has also rejected the Chronicle’s and Dallas Morning News’ requests for his messages from Jan. 5 to Jan. 11., claiming that they were confidential attorney-client communications.

The Chronicle reports that it is now coordinating with the Dallas Morning News, the San Antonio Express-News, the Austin American-Statesman, ProPublica and the Texas Tribune to get ahold of the records.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
So I wonder who's going to control the commission for selling food & water to voters waiting in line, as well as renting out porta-potties?
In my local area, the precincts are two churches and a senior center. Usually they have snacks and coffee supplied by nice old ladies. I'd like to see someone try and arrest them for handing out food. The political blowback would be huge.