disney+ WandaVision

Cristalle

Lady of the House
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
It's the Red Woman, Melisandre! j/k. But the priesthood of R'hllor wore hexagons and were all red. hrmmmmm.

Ghost Pepper

Gaming Guru
SL Rez
SLU Posts
It's the Red Woman, Melisandre! j/k. But the priesthood of R'hllor wore hexagons and were all red. hrmmmmm.
Yeah there are a bunch of different theories of what's going on out in the internet.

I wish today's episode would have been longer than about 35 minutes.

Looks like Monica may gain powers like she has in the comic books. Every time she goes through the hexagon field it messes with her body.

Wanda expanded the hexagon field to take out most of SWORD that was there. Mostly to protect Vision. Unluckily Darcy was one of them.

Ghost Pepper

Gaming Guru
SL Rez
SLU Posts
There is speculation that the engineer Monica is going to meet is Reed Richards. Also that it could be Fitz from Agents of SHIELD or Adam Brashear (Blue Marvel). It has been said that characters from Agents of SHIELD and the Netflix Marvel series could appear in other Marvel TV or movie properties

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
I had to watch an entire recap/spoilers/easter eggs video just to understand what this show is about. The storyline format looks so fun and creative, but I don't think there's much point in my watching it because I don't have any of the comic book background knowledge that gives the show its depth. But I'm kinda envious of the audience, who can make sense of it all and pick up on all the clues. Enjoy!

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
I had to watch an entire recap/spoilers/easter eggs video just to understand what this show is about. The storyline format looks so fun and creative, but I don't think there's much point in my watching it because I don't have any of the comic book background knowledge that gives the show its depth. But I'm kinda envious of the audience, who can make sense of it all and pick up on all the clues. Enjoy!
I am waiting for the last episode to drop before I watch it, but it will probably make more sense to watch it just before the next Dr. Strange movie, which will build off of Wanda's story.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
Had you seen the previous MCU films? Wandavision is deeply connected to them.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

Ashiri

√(-1)
SL Rez
SLU Posts
What is MCU?

(Does that answer your question?)
Marvel Cinematic Universe, an amalgam of everything from Marvel Comics.

eta: I know what it is but not the details.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
Marvel Cinematic Universe, an amalgam of everything from Marvel Comics.
Thank you, I figured it was something like that. And since I haven't seen any of them except for the first Dr. Strange, I'm missing all the backstories.

Ghost Pepper

Gaming Guru
SL Rez
SLU Posts
I am waiting for the last episode to drop before I watch it, but it will probably make more sense to watch it just before the next Dr. Strange movie, which will build off of Wanda's story.
Dr. Strange 2 doesn't come out till March 25, 2022. I probably will watch it again around that time.

• 1Like
Reactions: Veritable Quandry

Lexxi

meow
SL Rez
Joined SLU
12-14-2007
SLU Posts
I've mostly not read Marvel comics. I read a few of the Ms. Marvel ones because they rebooted it with a young New Jersey woman from an Muslim family (I forget now if she herself follows the faith). No one from that comic is in the television series (at least none that I'd read (I'd stopped reading that series slightly before the main character joined the Avengers, and the Avengers are relevant to WandaVision). ETA: oh, I also read all of one specific run of Spiderman. That does not help me at all with this series.

I watched some but not all of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., which does not seem to help me any with this show.

I did watch most of the Marvel films, though, both the MCU, the two different X-Men series; the first Fantastic Four; I think all of the two hundred different Spiderman franchises (I think there's only been three different Spiderman since the 2000s (Toby Maguire, Andrew Garfield, Tom Holland), other than in animation, which added, oh, 200 more ((main being Shameik Moore) it was a multiple universe film, and therefore multiple Spiderman film). I don't think anything from the Fox Marvel films (X-Men, Fantastic Four, Deadpool), Universal (Hulk - which is now in Marvels universe films), or Sony (Spiderman; now in Marvels universe films) is relevant to the television show (at least I've not noticed anything).

It's only the Marvel Cinematic Universe films that are connected. heh. only. There are at least 23 of those films. Seeing those does help. But . . . I've not previous heard of a good chunk of the stuff other people are referencing in this thread. Like S.W.O.R.D. And "Darcy". And Captain Rainbow (whose name is actually Monica Rambeau, but I didn't actually know that until I looked up SWORD - it sounds like Rainbow when people say her name on the show). Rambeau is in Captain Marvel but . . . I didn't realize she was someone I should pay close attention to, and therefore I didn't even really pick up her name in the film (*does more research* oh, Monica Rambeau was the kid in the Captain Marvel film).

Shesh. I've seen 23 MCU films. Several seasons of Agents of SHIELD. Read several not relevant Marvels comics. Saw 8 Spiderman films. 1 Fantastic Four film. 2 Hulk films. 10 X-Men films. 2 Deadpool films. And episodes of MCU tv serires. And after all of that, a massive chunk is over my head. Like SWORD, Rambeau, Darcy . . . other things I missed.

*looks up Darcy* oh. Well, crap. Darcy was in two Thor movies. Which I saw.

And the FBI agent was in Ant-Man? Which I saw? Well wow my ability to observe things is super good. I mostly recognized the actor from Fresh off the Boat & Aquaman.

---
Right, so, was going to say that I'm basically understanding what was going on, but didn't know everything other people were noticing. Then, after a bit of research, it turns out I have about the same level of knowledge from outside sources that a hyper ferret would have. As in, not much.

Last edited:

Ghost Pepper

Gaming Guru
SL Rez
SLU Posts
All you really needed to see was probably the last 3 Avengers movies, Captain America: Civil War, the first 2 Thor movies, Captain Marvel and the Ant-man movies. Maybe even Dr Strange if he appears which is possible since WandaVision connects to Dr. Strange 2. If that happens the Tom Holland Spider-man movies too since it also is suppose to connect somehow.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Honestly, while being familiar with previous stuff would help for the easter eggs, I think it'd be enjoyable without that. And you could see if it hooks you in to the rest or not.

Ghost Pepper

Gaming Guru
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Honestly, while being familiar with previous stuff would help for the easter eggs, I think it'd be enjoyable without that. And you could see if it hooks you in to the rest or not.
What I put out above would also help with more of the backstory for people that haven't seen those MCU movies. The basic backstory has been revealed in the episodes already out.

I already have heard some people say that they may watch the MCU movies that they have missed.

• 1Like

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
What I put out above would also help with more of the backstory for people that haven't seen those MCU movies. The basic backstory has been revealed in the episodes already out.

I already have heard some people say that they may watch the MCU movies that they have missed.
I tried to watch one of the few I've missed, but... insect phobia and I had to turn it off [Ant Man].

I think I've missed a couple others, and I used to collect Marvel Comics back when the Cloak and Dagger/Dr. Strange line started in the 80s, but had to stop because lost job.

• 1Hug
Reactions: Caete

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Is the show a long running commercial for the films, toys, and such like Saturday morning cartoons used to be, may still be?

• 1Disagree

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Is the show a long running commercial for the films, toys, and such like Saturday morning cartoons used to be, may still be?
I don't think so. Its more of a this is a better format for this sort of story. It really is an homage to sitcoms over the decades.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Khamon