disney+ WandaVision

Jopsy Pendragon

Democracy was a nice experiment while it lasted.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I also just wanted to comment on the Kick-Ass thing, the connection was almost extra good except Evan Peters didn't reprise his roll in Kick-Ass 2. His character becomes the super hero Ass-Kicker. Opposite the other Quicksilver's Kick-Ass.
One of the characters actually says "Kick Ass!" in the halloween episode, and Wanda repeats it to herself bemusedly. That can't be an accident. :D

• 1Agree
Reactions: bubblesort

danielravennest

SLU Posts
The early Wandavision episodes are so short, I've been waiting several weeks to have enough to be worth watching. So I'm behind.

Cristalle

Lady of the House
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
One of the characters actually says "Kick Ass!" in the halloween episode, and Wanda repeats it to herself bemusedly. That can't be an accident. :D
It's not. It's a little easter egg to acknowledge the fact that about said two actors before.

As for Darcy - she was a sidekick to Jane Foster in the first Thor movie. She fell off the radar after Thor: The Dark World, similar to Dr. Erik Selvig, but I'm glad to see her back because Kat Dennings is a breath of fresh air. This whole show is. With Thor: Love and Thunder coming, I'd imagine we'll get to see her again since Jane is going to be found worthy and wield Mjolnir as Thor.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Jopsy Pendragon

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
The early Wandavision episodes are so short, I've been waiting several weeks to have enough to be worth watching. So I'm behind.
Yeah, that's the one problem for me, feeling like the episode was over too quick, but I suspect I'd feel that way even with hour long episodes. It really engages me on several levels.

I love the old sitcoms [wish they had done more with that] and I love mysteries.

bubblesort

Yeah, that's the one problem for me, feeling like the episode was over too quick, but I suspect I'd feel that way even with hour long episodes. It really engages me on several levels.

I love the old sitcoms [wish they had done more with that] and I love mysteries.
Always leave em wanting more!

I really like the format. It reminds me of Love, Death + Robots, except without conclusions that Love Death + Robots usually gave at the end of each episode. Digital is a new medium for old hollywood, so I hope they break out of the old 30 minute or 1 hour formats that old fashioned traditional TV demanded. It will take a lot of experimentation and failures, but in the end, I hope they tell a 17 minute story in 17 minutes, rather than stretching it out.

• 1Like

Jopsy Pendragon

Democracy was a nice experiment while it lasted.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

I'm kind of glad the first episode wasn't longer, 'leave it to beaver' era TV fills me full of so much cringe that even ironic parodies make me uncomfortable.

That said, watching Wanda adapt the way she moves to fit each era is -fascinating- to watch. I can only imagine how much work went into getting that just right for each episode. :)

• 1Agree
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I'm kind of glad the first episode wasn't longer, 'leave it to beaver' era TV fills me full of so much cringe that even ironic parodies make me uncomfortable.

That said, watching Wanda adapt the way she moves to fit each era is -fascinating- to watch. I can only imagine how much work went into getting that just right for each episode. :)
Actually, I think it was more I Love Lucy and the Dick van Dyke show as influences; I not familiar with the latter. I could have dealt with episode 2 all season though.... >.> I loved Bewitched.

• 1Like

Ghost Pepper

Gaming Guru
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Wanda is now officially the Scarlet Witch in the MCU. It's a title for a Witch that can use Chaos Magic according to Agatha.

Ghost Pepper

Gaming Guru
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Actually, I think it was more I Love Lucy and the Dick van Dyke show as influences; I not familiar with the latter. I could have dealt with episode 2 all season though.... >.> I loved Bewitched.
According to the latest episode when Wanda was a child her father would get what I guess are bootlegged episodes of the Dick Van Dyke Show, Bewitched and other sitcoms and the family would watch them. They were watching the Dick Van Dyke show when the Stark bomb landed in their apartment.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

Cristalle

Lady of the House
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
All spoilers. DO NOT WATCH until after the show.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
If I were composing different theme songs for basically the same show... I'd use something like this as a way of tying it all together too. WandaVision is a very unusual case, so its not like its something that would normally be done - of course, everyone is looking for the clues.