disney+ WandaVision

Ghost Pepper

Gaming Guru
SL Rez
SLU Posts
As far as a second season, Marvel has said they will have both continuing, multi-season series as will as connecting series that tie movies together. These will not get multiple seasons. So it is possible that Vision and Scarlet Witch may have other series, this particular one fits between Endgame and Dr Strange 2.
Loki already is getting a season 2 as is What If...? and the last I heard Falcon and the Winter Soldier hasn't gotten the go ahead for a season 2. It's already known that Ms Marvel will be in Captain Marvel 2.

What If...? will have the longest season with 10 episodes but I guess that those will be about 30 minutes long.

Last edited:

Free

Antifa-tigued
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I loved the last episode, but it did one thing perfectly right: Got me desperate for the next movie!

bubblesort

Loki already is getting a season 2 as is What If...? and the last I heard Falcon and the Winter Soldier hasn't gotten the go ahead for a season 2. It's already known that Ms Marvel will be in Captain Marvel 2.

What If...? will have the longest season with 10 episodes but I guess that those will be about 30 minutes long.
What if... is the thing I'm most looking forward to from the MCU. I loved those comics when I was a kid. I hope they get really weird with it.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
My big question is how is the Darkhold there when Robbie Ryes (Ghost Rider) took it away from Earth to another dimension in Agents of SHIELD? The book did look different than the Agents of SHIELD version as well. They seemed to work different too. I did read that it was in The Runaways TV series too. So could there be 3 or even multiple versions of it?
The book appeared again in the Marvel series Runaways, in the hands of sorceress Morgan Le Fay. She escaped from the Dark Dimension, apparently bringing it with her. Since Agatha Harkness is a powerful with, she may have sensed the use of the Darkhold both from Agents of Shield and Runaways, and obtained it after Le Fay was banished back to the Dark Dimension. This is all speculation, since we don't know how it got from Reyes to Le Fay to Harkness.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
So, I'm seeing posts where people are complaining about how Wanda suffered no consequences for her 'cruel, selfish' actions. So I was thinking it through.
So, one: Someone referred to her as being a little sad. Like, WTF, people. she had a mental breakdown brought on by crushing grief. Long term crushing grief.
Two: The complaints about accountability. Do you really want to put someone like that in a prison, when they could have another episode? Like, she's now isolated herself completely from all human interaction, and gave up her children.
Three: And seriously, for a mystery, the pacing was off. I really feel like they should have done more hinting and less obvious misdirecton early on. But to be fair, its possible that some of this was affected by this past year.

I am just sad its over. :(

• 1Agree
Reactions: Lexxi

Ghost Pepper

Gaming Guru
SL Rez
SLU Posts
The book appeared again in the Marvel series Runaways, in the hands of sorceress Morgan Le Fay. She escaped from the Dark Dimension, apparently bringing it with her. Since Agatha Harkness is a powerful with, she may have sensed the use of the Darkhold both from Agents of Shield and Runaways, and obtained it after Le Fay was banished back to the Dark Dimension. This is all speculation, since we don't know how it got from Reyes to Le Fay to Harkness.
I think I made it through 2 episodes of Runaways so I didn't know much about it. The thing is that it seems like the Darkhold acted different in Agents of SHIELD but that could have been due to it being read by magic users in WandaVision.

Tried to Watch WandaVision with the parents. My Mom lasted maybe 10 minutes before wanting to watch something else. I guess it wasn't for everybody. She probably just doesn't have the patience anymore. She lasted about 2 episodes into The Mandalorian.

On hindsight I probably could have started on episode 4 and then gone to episode 1.

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
SL Rez

Cristiano

Full Frontal Nerdity
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
I watched it at about 4:30 in the morning and it worked fine then. The last episode was called "Series Finale." It's been said that WandaVision might be the only Disney+ MCU TV series that won't get a second season.
If you think about it, it's more of a reference to the show within the show being called Series Finale. It doesn't mean the show won't have another season.

Jopsy Pendragon

Democracy was a nice experiment while it lasted.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
So, I'm seeing posts where people are complaining about how Wanda suffered no consequences for her 'cruel, selfish' actions. So I was thinking it through.
So, one: Someone referred to her as being a little sad. Like, WTF, people. she had a mental breakdown brought on by crushing grief. Long term crushing grief.
Two: The complaints about accountability. Do you really want to put someone like that in a prison, when they could have another episode? Like, she's now isolated herself completely from all human interaction, and gave up her children.
Three: And seriously, for a mystery, the pacing was off. I really feel like they should have done more hinting and less obvious misdirecton early on. But to be fair, its possible that some of this was affected by this past year.

I am just sad its over. :(
I don't think the townsfolks want accountability so much as they just want her to go away and leave them alone forever. They've shared her nightmares, I don't think they blame her, so much as they fear her and resent her for making them feel so completely powerless.

I watched it a 2nd time, and had a different interpretation on the end credits scene where she's gone all chaos-sorcerer-supreme studying in astral form while actually conscious and moving her physical body around (Let's see Dr. Strange try to pull that off!). I don't think her hearing her children and rushing off to them at the end of the scene is an accident or chance, I think she was specifically trying to learn -how- to make contact with them, in the hopes of bringing them back.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

Ghost Pepper

Gaming Guru
SL Rez
SLU Posts
If you think about it, it's more of a reference to the show within the show being called Series Finale. It doesn't mean the show won't have another season.
It would be odd to have a second season and call it WandaVision since the TV part is now gone. I think if it happens it'll be called something else.

I don't think the townsfolks want accountability so much as they just want her to go away and leave them alone forever. They've shared her nightmares, I don't think they blame her, so much as they fear her and resent her for making them feel so completely powerless.

I watched it a 2nd time, and had a different interpretation on the end credits scene where she's gone all chaos-sorcerer-supreme studying in astral form while actually conscious and moving her physical body around (Let's see Dr. Strange try to pull that off!). I don't think her hearing her children and rushing off to them at the end of the scene is an accident or chance, I think she was specifically trying to learn -how- to make contact with them, in the hopes of bringing them back.
I think that it's been hinted at a few times of there maybe a Young Avengers movie or series possible in the future. We already have a teenage Cassie Lang. Her finding them again and trying to bring them back could be a part of Dr. Strange 2. WandaVision also has a connection to Spiderman: No Way Home.

Jopsy Pendragon

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I hope Disney doesn't shy away from developing Wanda's kids' stories... due to LGBTQ+ issues.

In the comics, Billy is re-incarnated, grows up and becomes known as 'Wiccan' and becomes boyfriends with 'Hullkling' (a part Kree, part Skrull superhero).

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
part Kree, part Skrull, sexeh1

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
I hope Disney doesn't shy away from developing Wanda's kids' stories... due to LGBTQ+ issues.

In the comics, Billy is re-incarnated, grows up and becomes known as 'Wiccan' and becomes boyfriends with 'Hullkling' (a part Kree, part Skrull superhero).
Wanda has her kids out there somewhere. The Hawkeye series will introduce the girl who replaces him. Antman is recasting Cassie Lang. Kamila Khan is getting a series and a role in Captain Marvel 2. There is every reason to expect a Young Avengers series or movie in a few years.

• 1Yay!
Reactions: Jopsy Pendragon

Jopsy Pendragon

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Wanda has her kids out there somewhere. The Hawkeye series will introduce the girl who replaces him. Antman is recasting Cassie Lang. Kamila Khan is getting a series and a role in Captain Marvel 2. There is every reason to expect a Young Avengers series or movie in a few years.
Yay to all that except the recasting bit. :)
part Kree, part Skrull, sexeh1
and Blonde, Green and Scaley. mmmmm. ;)

• 1Love
Reactions: Khamon

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
I watched it at about 4:30 in the morning and it worked fine then. The last episode was called "Series Finale." It's been said that WandaVision might be the only Disney+ MCU TV series that won't get a second season.

My big question is how is the Darkhold there when Robbie Ryes (Ghost Rider) took it away from Earth to another dimension in Agents of SHIELD? The book did look different than the Agents of SHIELD version as well. They seemed to work different too. I did read that it was in The Runaways TV series too. So could there be 3 or even multiple versions of it?
The secret is petty nonsense between Marvel's movie division and Marvel's TV division. Because despite all the Marvel TV being pretty great so far, the Movie part refuses to ever acknowledge it for... reasons...

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
One week of no marvel content .... dts time.

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
There are many Kree that can be storylined into fatherhood easily enough.