#JAILTOTHECHIEF- Shit Just Got Real

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielravennest

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
3,708
SLU Posts
9073
So we have a political "strategist" explaining that Trump is dropping precipitately in the polls, and some possible reasons why. What does Trump get from it? OMG INSULTS AGAINST ME WHY AREN'T ALL MY FOXNEWS GUARD DOGS BITING BACK ALSO THE BIBLE WAS PERFECT!

Dude is on the ropes.
Fox knows he's on the ropes, from their own polls and reading others. They want to stay in business post-Trump, so they are allowing contrary opinions. That way they aren't tied so tightly that they go down with him. The fact that several of their shows are losing advertisers is helping them along this path.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,140
Location
SL: November RL: DC
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
23289
And Trump's efforts to alienate 100% of the U.S. population bumbles forward.

I have yet to hear from a friend at Pine Ridge about this but I am sure I will at some point. When I heard about it my first reaction was '10 to 1 it makes a comment it should be on there'.
 

Romana

The Timeless Child
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
5,097
SL Rez
2010
I have yet to hear from a friend at Pine Ridge about this but I am sure I will at some point. When I heard about it my first reaction was '10 to 1 it makes a comment it should be on there'.
Might be why their governor is grandstanding, though.

 

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
24,428
SLU Posts
18459
Thread -- Trump's interview with Hannity and his "virtual town hall" went as you might expect, it seems

 

Bartholomew Gallacher

Administrator
Joined
Sep 26, 2018
Messages
7,090
SL Rez
2002
So the US Navy has now the aircraft carriers USS Trump I - XII, featuring a tacky golden paint job all over their hulls and heavy diamond bling on radar equipment as well as new undrainable main energy source a small portion of Trump's ego, and as new weaponry the unbeatable "You're fired" torpedos/missiles?
 
Last edited:

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,140
Location
SL: November RL: DC
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
23289
So the US Navy has now the aircraft carriers USS Trump I - XII, featuring a tacky golden paint job all over their hulls and heavy diamond bling on radar equipment as well as new undrainable main energy source a small portion of Trump's ego, and as new weaponry the unbeatable "You're fired" torpedos/missiles?
Hopefully he has not discovered the coast guard yet.
 
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Clara D.

Jopsy Pendragon

*Very* disappointed with 2026 so far.
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
3,205
Location
San Diego CA
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
2007
SLU Posts
11308
We'll never be rid of Trump.

He will live on in the growing army of clones that his example has inspired, enabled and imbedded in real or imagined positions of power, wealth, privilege and opportunity.

Whether or not the Dems take back all 3 branches of government, we're still going to reach a critical mass of divisiveness.

Law enforcement officers are already too chicken shit to go after fascists, because half of them are fascists and they stick together.

We are, I think, mere months away from vigilantes stepping it up. Targeted assassinations and random home invasions of "undesirables" Blacks, Latinx, LGBTQ+, Muslims, Jews... Anyone that gets on their radar as being the "wrong kind" for MAGA country.

If the FBI can't shut that down immediately, and I bet that can't, it's gonna spread like wildfire. :(

Mark my words this time next year, things are going to be even worse in the US. Significantly worse in several places.
 
  • 1Interesting
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
3,190
Location
Minnesnowta
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
These next couple of weeks will certainly be telling.
To him, they are just replaceable tin soldiers as I'm sure he views the military, as well. We are all just backdrops in his world; pieces on a board all assisting in his ultimate "glory" and to be blamed for making him look bad, on occasion.. People are objects to him, likely no more important than the phone he uses to tweet out his bile every day.

Somehow, whether because of his disease, or just his malfunctioning, he never got past the stage where others are merely an extension of him. It's why he can look at 120K+ deaths in our country and decide that testing is making him look bad. Every once in awhile he might be able to put on a show of caring toward an individual person, such as when he spoke to the family of one of the dead after a mass shooting that targeted Mexicans in Texas, holding up a baby who had just lost its parents, but it's as hollow as the blackened hole that is his heart.
 
Last edited:

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
10,706
Location
Right... Behind... You...
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
65535
And Trump's efforts to alienate 100% of the U.S. population bumbles forward.

Complete with a fighter jets flyover. What a wonderful way to spend our taxpayer dollars during a time of crisis.

Really, the only group Trump hasn't alienated so far are the white male evangelicals who believe God gave this land to them.
 
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Clara D.

Romana

The Timeless Child
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
5,097
SL Rez
2010
We'll never be rid of Trump.

He will live on in the growing army of clones that his example has inspired, enabled and imbedded in real or imagined positions of power, wealth, privilege and opportunity.

Whether or not the Dems take back all 3 branches of government, we're still going to reach a critical mass of divisiveness.

Law enforcement officers are already too chicken shit to go after fascists, because half of them are fascists and they stick together.

We are, I think, mere months away from vigilantes stepping it up. Targeted assassinations and random home invasions of "undesirables" Blacks, Latinx, LGBTQ+, Muslims, Jews... Anyone that gets on their radar as being the "wrong kind" for MAGA country.

If the FBI can't shut that down immediately, and I bet that can't, it's gonna spread like wildfire. :(

Mark my words this time next year, things are going to be even worse in the US. Significantly worse in several places.
Who's we?
I don't live in "MAGA country".
People ask me why I don’t move out of New York State, with the cost of living. This is part of the reason why.
I hope it doesn’t come to pass that badly or that widely
. And I hope my friends, wherever they are, are staying safe.
 
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: Ryanna Enfield
Status
Not open for further replies.