#JAILTOTHECHIEF- Shit Just Got Real

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romana

The Timeless Child
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
5,097
SL Rez
2010

I guess I'm lucky I haven't been planning a trip to Paris. If I could afford it I wouldn't be able to go.
 

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,140
Location
SL: November RL: DC
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
23289

I guess I'm lucky I haven't been planning a trip to Paris. If I could afford it I wouldn't be able to go.
I was chuckling over the fact that a few months ago it was banning people in the eu from coming here.
 
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale

Romana

The Timeless Child
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
5,097
SL Rez
2010
I was chuckling over the fact that a few months ago it was banning people in the eu from coming here.
One can't blame them. His handling of the whole fiasco here plus the jerks who take their cues from him. The "Ugly American" 2.0.
And the way he's been insulting other countries from day one, it had to come back to bite him in the ass. It's just annoying to get tarred with the same brush as him and his MAGAts.
I feel sorry for people who did have big trips planned. And people with relatives they want to visit.
 
Last edited:

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,140
Location
SL: November RL: DC
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
23289
One can't blame them. His handling of the whole fiasco here plus the jerks who take their cues from him. The "Ugly American" 2.0.
And the way he's been insulting other countries from day one, it had to come back to bite him in the ass. It's just annoying to get tarred with the same brush as him and his MAGAts.
I feel sorry for people who did have big trips planned. And people with relatives they want to visit.
Yes, it would be nice if it could be done by how well someone was isolating vs what our squatter in chief was saying. Unlike the maggots if it says something I start from assuming the opposite is true.
 
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Romana

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
24,428
SLU Posts
18459
One can't blame them. His handling of the whole fiasco here plus the jerks who take their cues from him. The "Ugly American" 2.0.
And the way he's been insulting other countries from day one, it had to come back to bite him in the ass. It's just annoying to get tarred with the same brush as him and his MAGAts.
I feel sorry for people who did have big trips planned. And people with relatives they want to visit.
It's not that the the EU are offended by Trump, or that is retaliation for anything. They're worried about allowing visitors from countries where COVID-19 seems out of control, which is why they're talking about restricting visits from, as well as the US, Brazil and Russia (and maybe more places too).
 

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
6,140
Location
SL: November RL: DC
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
23289
It's not that the the EU are offended by Trump, or that is retaliation for anything. They're worried about allowing visitors from countries where COVID-19 seems out of control, which is why they're talking about restricting visits from, as well as the US, Brazil and Russia (and maybe more places too).
Oh, be offended by him and retaliate. We are.
 

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
24,428
SLU Posts
18459
As I recall, though this is 30 years ago, Arizona State University always had a reputation for being a party school, at least according to a friend of mine who taught on their Study Abroad programme in London.
 

Cindy Claveau

Radical Left Degenerate
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
3,488
Location
US
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
44403
House Republicans Resort to Literally Drowning Out Testimony About DOJ Corruption

"As per usual, the interruptions of Nadler’s opening statement with extraneous parliamentary motions began immediately. Within minutes, Republicans professed outrage that one whistleblower would be testifying remotely and complained that Nadler was breaking the rules.

This was directly followed by a rant by ranking minority member Rep. Jim Jordan, claiming the Obama administration was guilty of identical behavior, citing several baseless conspiracy theories that may be unfamiliar to anyone who doesn’t watch 12 hours of Fox News per day.

While pushing Fox News talking points is standard practice for Republicans on the committee, what came next was a new and shocking stunt. As Donald Ayer, who served as deputy attorney general under the first Bush administration, was testifying, Rep. Louie Gohmert attempted to drown him out by banging on his desk. Gohmert justified his stunt with an argument that will inspire 3-year-olds everywhere: “There’s no rules about when you can make noise.”
 
  • 1Sad
  • 1Facepalm
Reactions: Govi and Ryanna Enfield

danielravennest

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
3,708
SLU Posts
9073
Fauci says coronavirus task force was never told to slow down testing, seemingly contradicting Trump

This is as bad as the changing stories about Barr firing the SDNY prosecutor the other day:

Trump: I told them to slow down testing.
White House: He was only kidding.
Trump: I never kid.
Fauci: He never told us to do anything of the sort. On the contrary, we've speeded up.
As usual, Fauci is correct. Daily tests were slow to get started, but have trended upwards since then:

 

Romana

The Timeless Child
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
5,097
SL Rez
2010
Dump is gonna do his best to screw up the testing one way or the other.


I get that he has a pathological need to not be wrong, but it seems to me this can only help torpedo his reelection numbers.
Killing more people to own the libs because they figure they can just say they died of something else?
 
  • 1Sad
Reactions: Govi

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
10,706
Location
Right... Behind... You...
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
65535
Fauci says coronavirus task force was never told to slow down testing, seemingly contradicting Trump

This is as bad as the changing stories about Barr firing the SDNY prosecutor the other day:

Trump: I told them to slow down testing.
White House: He was only kidding.
Trump: I never kid.
Fauci: He never told us to do anything of the sort. On the contrary, we've speeded up.
It's a really bad juggling act where one hand doesn't know what the other is doing, in an extraordinarily badly-managed circus. We even have an orange clown!
Excuse me as I go help that trend.
I did my part last night.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: Kara Spengler

Jopsy Pendragon

*Very* disappointed with 2026 so far.
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
3,205
Location
San Diego CA
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
2007
SLU Posts
11308
Fauci says coronavirus task force was never told to slow down testing, seemingly contradicting Trump

This is as bad as the changing stories about Barr firing the SDNY prosecutor the other day:

Trump: I told them to slow down testing.
White House: He was only kidding.
Trump: I never kid.
Fauci: He never told us to do anything of the sort. On the contrary, we've speeded up.

And by 'we' he means 'individual states' because the feds are dropping the ?last? 13 of their testing centers with the hope/presumption that the states they're in will choose to keep them running.

Trump 'not withdrawing support' from COVID-19 testing sites, official says
 
Status
Not open for further replies.