#JAILTOTHECHIEF- Shit Just Got Real

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jopsy Pendragon

If you can't dazzle'm with dexterity...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Sounds like the bureau of labor statistics is saying 13.3% is an error... it should be closer to 16.3%:

The BLS admitted that some people who should have been classified as "temporarily unemployed" during the shutdown were instead misclassified as employed but "absent" from work for "other reasons."
gee... I wonder how THAT happened. /sarcasm

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I wonder sometimes, if people hate Trump so much why hasn't someone just assassinated him? If I hated someone that much I would do it rather than all of the other antics the democrats have been putting the world through. People hate his personality, he's arrogant and vainglorious. I personally don't mind people being braggarts, arrogant assholes or vainglorious bores if they deserve it, in other words great men would be falling short if they didn't promote themselves. Have to be your #1 promoter. Look at Douglass MacArthur, in his memoirs he complained about a similar relationship with the media.
Oh yes, that is the way you people think.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I don't have time, busy doing great things, i like giving a different perspective, isn't it dull talking to people who agree all the time? Hard to find liberals who can debate without name calling or nasty attitudes.
You really think we all agree all the time? LOL

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
This kind of reply just gives these dudes a blow job. If you wanna climb under their skin you need to attack their senses of identity, say things like, "It's gonna be wild when you're before the Lord explaining why you were for the guy who brought back land mines. All sorts of scripture out there about the treatment of foreigners as well, almost like anyone pro wall is gonna fry in the lake of fire or some shit.
Right, it is sort of like the massive trolling Bowser is doing to the orange thing right now. She could do massively more for the movement and what she has done would not even phase the 44 presidents we had before it squatted there. She does know what will get its attention though. Over the top childish trolling with a side of a reference to something it HATES and a dash of DC home rule.

For anyone who does not know what I am talking about put black lives matter plaza, dc into google maps, you might need to zoom in a bit to see the labeling. There are satelite images but google has not updated theirs yet. She has also done things like floodlights on it and playing music there like "it doesn't matter if you're black or white".

• 1lolwut?
Reactions: Kamilah Hauptmann

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I wonder sometimes, if people really are desperate for money, they don't just rob a bank.

No initiative, that's why they're poor.
Assasination is what his lot goes for so they wonder why others do not do the same thing. Shooting someone? WAY too pedestrian.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Another sign the "wall is being climbed."

Yep, he is annoyed. I skimmed a few yesterday and boggled that after a long time I was only 2 hours back in his timeline. Honestly, who that actually works has time to tweet that much?

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Yep, he is annoyed. I skimmed a few yesterday and boggled that after a long time I was only 2 hours back in his timeline. Honestly, who that actually works has time to tweet that much?
I think I remember reading that his published schedule is very light at the moment -- just lunches with a secretary of state or two, or a news conference.

I think at the moment, they're just trying to minimise the damage, and presumably they think he'll probably do less damage all round if he sends insane tweets rather than giving radio and TV interviews or trying to make policy.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
I think I remember reading that his published schedule is very light at the moment -- just lunches with a secretary of state or two, or a news conference.

I think at the moment, they're just trying to minimise the damage, and presumably they think he'll probably do less damage all round if he sends insane tweets rather than giving radio and TV interviews or trying to make policy.
Those insane tweets that encourage violence against peaceful protesters. His schedule is always light; generally consisting of watch Fox & Friends, tweet, hold a rally.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Those insane tweets that encourage violence against peaceful protesters. His schedule is always light; generally consisting of watch Fox & Friends, tweet, hold a rally.
But when you consider what havoc he caused just by crossing the road to stand outside St John's Church for a few minutes, keeping him indoors and tweeting maybe seems the least bad option.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
But when you consider what havoc he caused just by crossing the road to stand outside St John's Church for a few minutes, keeping him indoors and tweeting maybe seems the least bad option.
If that was all he did. Unfortunately he has the power to do much more, like nuke a country that tweeted something that hurt his fee fees.

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
(delayed reaction to ... whatever)
Oh snap! It was so peaceful when I had him on ignore.

Oh, for those very few who aren't aware, it became a fad for the religious nutters on the right to hold a bible in one hand, and a copy of Nostrowhazisname's prophecies in the other. Being raised as a Catholic I'm pretty sure where the Bibles speaks of concerning "wise men, enchanters, magicians, astrologers, mediums and fortune tellers" and I'm pretty sure Trollboy here is doing it wrong.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
(delayed reaction to ... whatever)
Oh snap! It was so peaceful when I had him on ignore.

Oh, for those very few who aren't aware, it became a fad for the religious nutters on the right to hold a bible in one hand, and a copy of Nostrowhazisname's prophecies in the other. Being raised as a Catholic I'm pretty sure where the Bibles speaks of concerning "wise men, enchanters, magicians, astrologers, mediums and fortune tellers" and I'm pretty sure Trollboy here is doing it wrong.
The Catechism of the Catholic Church states,
“All forms of divination are to be rejected: recourse to Satan or demons, conjuring up the dead or other practices falsely supposed to ‘unveil’ the future. Consulting horoscopes, astrology, palm reading, interpretation of omens and lots, the phenomena of clairvoyance, and recourse to mediums all conceal a desire for power over time, history, and, in the last analysis, other human beings, as well as a wish to conciliate hidden powers. They contradict the honor, respect, and loving fear that we owe to God alone.”
Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraph 2116
By consulting a horoscope to show ourselves the path for our day we usurp the place of God in whose hands we should place our concerns allowing him to lead us down the path of holiness in discerning his will for us. Astrology, fortune-telling, tarot cards, and the like are no replacement for God’s providence.

More generally, there's a whole lot about the US religious right's theology -- not just the fact they're biblical literalists and Evangelicals, which is creepy enough if you're a Catholic, I think, but also their affection for the "prosperity gospel," a form of Calvinism, and end-times theology, which are considered off-the-wall heresies even by most Protestants, let along Catholics -- to make anyone from a Catholic background profoundly uncomfortable with Trump and his enablers and courtiers.

I'm wondering if that wasn't one of the reasons Melania looked so miserable during the photo-opportunity at the Saint John Paul II National Shrine -- not just because she knew how the Archbishop would react when he heard about it, but because to someone from her background it must have felt all kinds of wrong.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts

More generally, there's a whole lot about the US religious right's theology -- not just the fact they're biblical literalists and Evangelicals, which is creepy enough if you're a Catholic, I think, but also their affection for the "prosperity gospel," a form of Calvinism, and end-times theology, which are considered off-the-wall heresies even by most Protestants, let along Catholics -- to make anyone from a Catholic background profoundly uncomfortable with Trump and his enablers and courtiers.

I'm wondering if that wasn't one of the reasons Melania looked so miserable during the photo-opportunity at the Saint John Paul II National Shrine -- not just because she knew how the Archbishop would react when he heard about it, but because to someone from her background it must have felt all kinds of wrong.
I wish this applied to my mom's -priest-, who constantly invokes Michael and preaches republican BS from his pulpit.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez

You don't have to be Catholic to feel creeped out by those guys.
I'd feel creeped out even if they didn't redirect me to convert or go to hell. I don't even believe in hell (though I sometimes wish there was one for them to go to); it's just, I don't know, the hate of it, and the whole idea of wishing for destruction that the end times cult involves, is disgusting.

Sredni Eel

In Space, no one can hear you Cha Cha Cha!
I wonder sometimes, if people hate Trump so much why hasn't someone just assassinated him? If I hated someone that much I would do it rather than all of the other antics the democrats have been putting the world through. People hate his personality, he's arrogant and vainglorious. I personally don't mind people being braggarts, arrogant assholes or vainglorious bores if they deserve it, in other words great men would be falling short if they didn't promote themselves. Have to be your #1 promoter. Look at Douglass MacArthur, in his memoirs he complained about a similar relationship with the media.
I hate Trump with every fiber of my being, but I also know that murder is a crime, and assassinating (or threatening to assassinate) the ratbastard would carry some huge consequences for which I'm not totally prepared.

If the fucking GOP won't remove him, then I will use my vote against him and hope that fucker loses bigly and gets kicked the hell out of Our House.

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I don't think whazisname is going to have a natural end-of-life anyways. My money is on his Russian handlers faking an overdose after he leaves office, with Iranian bombing a close 2nd. I also think he's going to leave the U.S. and that's when it's going to happen, when he's off U.S. soil.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010

Everything they have done and stand for offends this catholic. That said, there definitely are individual churches, particularly in some fairly heavy catholic populations, such as Louisiana, which tend to support the behavior, if not outright at the pulpit, then by silence.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
Assasination is what his lot goes for so they wonder why others do not do the same thing. Shooting someone? WAY too pedestrian.
Yeah, that was a fear of mine during Obama's presidency. I really thought one of those loonies would try it.
Nostrilhairus should realize, if he can't take it in that tha everyone doesn't think like his lot, that liberals know that if Dump was assassinated, Penis would take his place, and that wouldn't be any better. He may not be a malignant narcissist, but he's a Dominionist. It would be swapping out one evil for another.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Govi
Status
Not open for further replies.