netflix Wednesday

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
7,254
SL Rez
2006
Mrs. Beebo and I just wrapped up our re-watch of Season 1. It was every bit as good as I remembered it, oh so long ago when it was first released. Impatiently awaiting Season 2!
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: Free

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
7,254
SL Rez
2006
The drop schedule for Season 2 was 3am Wednesday morning, and apparently Mrs. Beebo is a bigger fan of the series than I had realized because she fully expected us to watch the first episode as soon as the series dropped. I thought she was joking, but nope, she was serious. Fortunately, I was still awake, reading, when she came to get me. "Oh... we're really doing this."

I wasn't entirely sure how I felt about that first episode, but that could very well have been due to how tired I was. We got through Episode 3 today, and I'm loving it.
My how Pugsley has grown! He is very disturbing in his own unique way. Gomez is also growing on me. It's taken me all of first season to reconcile to his (more authentic to the original) grotesqueness. He has more script material to work with this season and it's providing more depth to the character.

Thing is brilliant, as usual. Enid is just as delightfully chipper, and I'm feeling very sorry for Ajax. I miss Gwendolyn Christie SO MUCH that I'm having trouble warming up to the new principal, but you can't fault the casting. Breakout new character for me is the Invisible Girl with her echoes of the Bad Seed.

Overall, Season 2 is... intense. There's a lot going on, from murderous crows to stalkers to camping wars to zombie attacks and an insane asylum. I may have to watch the first four episodes again while waiting for the last set to drop.
 

Jopsy Pendragon

*Very* disappointed with 2026 so far.
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
3,202
Location
San Diego CA
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
2007
SLU Posts
11308
The only thing I'm unhappy about is having to wait for the 2nd half of season two to drop. (Sept?! Argh!)

Definitely loving it, the music tracks are deliciously on point. Like:
The Cranberries "Zombie" in particular. "Bad Moon Rising", "Losing My Religion", etc.
Definitely kind of taking after Westworld with the covers just kind of slipped in for those that recognize the music. =)
 

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,679
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565
Season 2's part deux trailer is out, and all I can say is

SPOILERS!!!

Just a few really, but I'm mad (at myself) I watched it because the top spoiler I really wish I didn't know now I NOW KNOW. I would have preferred coming across it in the show in situ so to speak, but I've lost that OMG YES moment forever. I'll just have to go on somehow. To protect you all from that virginity-losing experience, I've dropped the video in a spoiler tag...

 
Last edited:

Jopsy Pendragon

*Very* disappointed with 2026 so far.
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
3,202
Location
San Diego CA
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
2007
SLU Posts
11308
Season 2's part deux trailer is out, and all I can say is

SPOILERS!!!

Just a few really, but I'm mad (at myself) I watched it because the top spoiler I really wish I didn't know now I NOW KNOW. I would have preferred coming across it in the show in situ so to speak, but I've lost that OMG YES moment forever. I'll just have to go on somehow. To protect you all from that virginity-losing experience, I've dropped the video in a spoiler tag...

Big spoiler! I'm thrilled to see where they go with it, but it's not at all what I was expecting. :)
 

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
9,526
Location
Montréal
SL Rez
2007
Watched it all last night. I really want to watch the trailer for part 2, but I won’t.
Random thoughts
At first, I thought they had replaced Catherine Zeta Jones with another actress…
Really like the casting, even with the secondary characters. I do also miss Gwendolyn Christie, though.

I’m a little confused on how the stalker, who is revealed to be the assistant, now able to control crows, was able to appear here and there wearing a cloak, etc. No matter, the storyline kept me guessing. Can’t wait to find out more about Wednesday’s aunt.

I didn’t realize they had changed the actor who played Tyler the werewolf, so I looked it up. Oh.
I really should rematch season 1 and part 1 before the rest of the season.

Many of the more whimsical scenes in the school remind me of the Harry Potter movies.
 

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
9,526
Location
Montréal
SL Rez
2007
Just watched the 1st episode of part 2.
Whatever was on top of Wednesday’s head (2 white things. Bobby pins? Staples?) was very distracting. Anyway, that was fun. They really go all out with the sets.

I‘ve been confused since last half-season. I thought the woman in the outcast insane asylum was Morticia’s sister.
 

Jopsy Pendragon

*Very* disappointed with 2026 so far.
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
3,202
Location
San Diego CA
SL Rez
2004
Joined SLU
2007
SLU Posts
11308
Sorta glad they dispensed with the spoiler trailer spoiler first thing. I love that that character is getting a lot more screen time, watching them get along like orange juice and toothpaste is such a delight. ;)
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: Isabeau

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,679
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,679
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565
Whatever was on top of Wednesday’s head (2 white things. Bobby pins? Staples?) was very distracting.
Wednesday has a head wound from the fall. I imagine that's what the staples are for.
 
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Jopsy Pendragon

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
7,254
SL Rez
2006
They've really pulled out the production stops for second season. My concern after watching the first episodes was that they were juggling too many plots and weighting the season down with more material than it could handle.

Here I am with just one episode left to watch (Mrs. Beebo wants to dole them out, I want them ALL AT ONCE RIGHT NOW) and I have to say they've done a masterful job of threading together and tying up story plots. It's a very rich tapestry, but they've managed to carry me along the entire action-packed journey. I am, however, going to watch it all again soon to fully absorb all that happened.

Getting Principal Weems back, as Wednesday's spirit guide no less, has made my life complete. I MISSED HER SO MUCH!!