Virtual World Challenge 3: Show me FEAR

Pancake

Fluffer
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Thanks to all those who participated in the first two challenges. Time for Challenge 3. The Prompt is FEAR.

Obviously, the prompt is related to Halloween, so I am expecting to see some of the great Halloween builds in SL, but as with the others I left it vague enough to inspire other interpretations of the prompt, and other platforms. Does anyone play any of those horror games? I don't, but I've read a lot about them and would love to see some screen shots from them. Fear isn't always so literal though, so the options are endless for what you might come up with.

Rules are simple.

1. Take a picture of your avatar, a content item or a location in any Virtual World using the prompt as inspiration. This challenge's prompt is FEAR

2. Post the picture in this thread with the following details: The Name of the Virtual World (or game), a description of content shown including creator credit if applicable, description of location/level/grid in the virtual world or game.

3. If it’s NSFW please use a spoiler

There is no deadline on this challenge, and Challenge 1 and 2 remain open if you have something you want to post there as well.

https://www.virtualverse.one/forums/threads/virtual-world-challenge-1-show-me-shiny.174/#post-1402
Virtual World Challenge 2: Show Me "Fall"

Ready.
Set.
Go!

Show me Virtual FEAR

• 1Like
Reactions: Hana

Cristiano

I AM BABY GROOT
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
A few weeks ago I went into Sansar to explore a bit, and I came across Orphanage of Angels. I was blown away by the quality of it (I wasn't even in VR, just using the desktop client), and that it genuinely managed to scare me. I may have even jumped at one point and possibly screamed.

1540832568288.png

My theme appropriate avatar, which made it even more creepy:

1540832601480.png

You start out in a creepy office at the orphanage:

1540832642611.png

As you move through the hallways, it is storming outside - the lightning effects are phenomenal. The place is creepy as hell.

1540832733410.png

There are religious messages scrawled on the walls, which adds to the creep factor:

1540832772255.png

1540832791516.png

The classrooms scared me the most:

1540832823576.png

Last edited:

Free

Kamilah is stalking me
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts

Never take on Beebo Brink (Second Life).

• 2Love
Reactions: Archer and Cristiano

Fauve Aeon

🌽🐍Mostly Jellicle...🐍🌽
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Not sure of date/postcount
I’m on mobile so I’m not sure how to grab and insert Flickr pix here yet.
Second Life, Babbage Square, New Babbage. We had just finished setting up our MadPea monster pack before the formal ball so there we are in our gladrags, battling tentacles...as one does...photo HUD is an old one by AM Radio, I still love to use it. No post-processing which is why it’s a little janky. SL snapshot set on ‘sepia’ in the oldschool way.
The tentacle ‘monster’ is an old headpiece by Hyasynth Tiramisu, pulled big.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: Tirellia