USA Election Day 2018

Oct 29, 2018
I don't remember seeing it mentioned either, but that Georgia special election that was the most expensive House seat in history, the one Ossoff lost by a low margin that was reliably red -
Democrat Lucy McBath took that from Karen Handel this time.
Have to still work at it hard, but times are changing.

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
Sep 20, 2018
Coonspiracy Central, Noonkkot
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Pity that Sinema is basically a Republican who votes more than 50% of the time in line with Trump.

Oct 1, 2018
Notice the genius on the bottom left....does he not know what the internet is? To save you about 5 seconds of google, there are over 13 million registered voters in florida. This level of stupid hurts my brain.

Oct 6, 2018
Probably near London or SF
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 21, 2018
SLU Posts
Notice the genius on the bottom left....does he not know what the internet is? To save you about 5 seconds of google, there are over 13 million registered voters in florida. This level of stupid hurts my brain.
He may be referring to Miami-Dade county, which has a population of 2.75 million. However, the county elections department says 1.434 million registered, so I don't know where he got his number from. And yeah, it took me about 5 seconds to find the official number.

Kamilah Hauptmann

This Reality Blows
Sep 20, 2018
Cat Country (Can't Stop Here)

He may be referring to Miami-Dade county, which has a population of 2.75 million. However, the county elections department says 1.434 million registered, so I don't know where he got his number from. And yeah, it took me about 5 seconds to find the official number.
Broward, and here's Snopes on it.
FACT CHECK: Did Broward County Record More Votes Than Registered Voters in November 2018?

Free

The Pie Whisperer
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 22, 2018
Neuken, America
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
I heard that in Broward County, if you voted a straight Democratic ticket, your votes were counted 3 times.

(Pass it on so we can get some heads exploding...)

Khamon

Irish Harper
Sep 23, 2018
Alabama
SL Rez
Joined SLU
His sign says "Registered Votes" not "voters." Does him not know spelling more better? Or is he referring to the number of votes counted compared to the number of ballots cast.

So Wrong

Nov 7, 2018
I heard that in Broward County, if you voted a straight Democratic ticket, your votes were counted 3 times.

(Pass it on so we can get some heads exploding...)
I'll have you know that I used my Soros pass and voted 6 times.

detrius

Sep 20, 2018
Land of bread, beer and BMW.
Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
The racial makeup of [Chatham County] was 52.8% white, 40.1% black or African American, 2.4% Asian, 0.3% American Indian, 0.1% Pacific islander, 2.2% from other races, and 2.1% from two or more races. Those of Hispanic or Latino origin made up 5.4% of the population.[11] In terms of ancestry, 9.8% were Irish, 8.7% were English, 7.9% were German, and 4.6% were American.
Chatham County, Georgia - Wikipedia

:unsure:

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
Sep 20, 2018
SL: November RL: DC
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Oct 1, 2018
Oct 6, 2018
Probably near London or SF
SL Rez
Joined SLU
As confusion continues over the outcome of multiple Florida elections, a hand recount has been ordered in that state's narrow Senate race between Democratic Sen. Bill Nelson and Republican Gov. Rick Scott. Meanwhile, in the gubernatorial contest, Republican Ron DeSantis appears headed to victory over Democrat Andrew Gillum after a machine recount did not significantly narrow the margin in that race.

Florida Secretary of State Ken Detzner declared that the Senate race was within a 0.25 percent margin after a machine recount was conducted across the state, which triggers a hand recount of some ballots to be completed by noon on Sunday. Nelson continues to trail Scott by 0.15 percent.
Text-Only NPR.org : Florida Senate Race Heads To Hand Recount, Legal Challenges Continue

Oct 1, 2018
An unrealistic deadline for recounts that works against heavily-populated areas (aka liberal areas) and somehow these heavily populated areas are also never given enough money to procure the equipment needed to meet these unrealistic recount deadlines. Gee, that couldn't be the work of the GOP, could it?

Also, you don't see anyone screaming about where the election officials "found" the additional GOP votes:

Gov. Rick Scott, the Republican who ran for Democrat Bill Nelson's seat in the U.S. Senate, claimed victory a second time after the statewide recount showed his edge grew by 865 votes, to a total of 13,427 votes.
Embattled election chief in Broward County submitted recount results TWO MINUTES LATE | Daily Mail Online