Updated my Macbook Air to Mojave, now my SL is one big lagfest.

Raymond Figtree

Since updating to Mojave, I am pretty much frozen from the lag. Is my Second Life going to end this way? I can't bear to be online anymore. Anyone experiencing this or have any suggestions?

Skate Foss

I updated to Mojave too. I dont experience lag, I am suffering Fatal crashes daily. Second Life freezes and my MacBookPro is totally frozen. I must perform a Hard Restart to bring it back. Now I trash my Cache folder every other day hoping that may help.

Pamela

SL Rez
Joined SLU
There was discussion about Mojave in the LL forum. I can’t remember exactly what causes the problems or why they cannot be fixed, I just made mental note not to ever update to Mojave.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
You could always dual-boot with Ubuntu Linux if you've already updated to Mojave. My experience with SL on Linux has always been favorable.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
I don't know what this means. How does one dual boot?
Dual-booting is when you install two operating systems - typically two versions of Windows, or Windows and Linux - and choosing which one to boot when you turn on your computer. I don't know how this is done on a Mac, though.

Raymond Figtree

I updated to Mojave too. I dont experience lag, I am suffering Fatal crashes daily. Second Life freezes and my MacBookPro is totally frozen. I must perform a Hard Restart to bring it back. Now I trash my Cache folder every other day hoping that may help.
I don't have that issue. I just can't move and things take forever to rez. I was going to put a direct line to my modem instead of wifi, but I dont see a port in the Air to be able to do that.

Skate Foss

I don't have that issue. I just can't move and things take forever to rez. I was going to put a direct line to my modem instead of wifi, but I dont see a port in the Air to be able to do that.

One thing about Second Life, don't use a wireless connection to log in. Always connect your Mac directly to your modem or router. Theres too many things that will cause interference with a wifi signal and you'll get much better FPS with a direct connection.

Free

Kamilah is stalking me
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
:rimshot:

Suddenly all this damn snow that's been dumping on my area is forgotten. Yay Cris!

• 1RuPaul
Reactions: Cristiano

Kizz

Okay, I thought Microsoft was bad; this is just fucking evil!
Apple has been under fire for a lot of things lately. One of the things they just started is disallowing people to sell refurbished Apple products on Amazon that were refurbished by non-Apple employees. Apple is just nasty. I liked the Steve Jobs apple, not a fan of Tim's.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Knutz Scorpio

Cristiano

I AM BABY GROOT
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
Has LL said if they are going to add Metal support for the Mac client? I can't imagine at this stage of SL's lifecycle they would want to put in the effort to completely replace the graphics subsystem just for Mac.