Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
I had this message when I signed in:

[21:33] lucagrabacr Resident: Good day, Brother / Sister Cristiano, this is a reminder message, the VES Fidelis Ascension Ceremony will be conducted in 3 days on December 1st, 2019 @ 2PM SLT. You've received this message because you're one of the attendees
[21:33] lucagrabacr Resident: If you haven't received your personal invitation letter from one of our society officials, you may contact any of us or the group regarding the invitation, but don't worry as you will still be welcome in the ceremony if you have been invited.

I'm scared :( Please don't let them ascend me.

NyteWytch

What's good, Miley?
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
SLU Posts
I want yo stuffs...you won't need it where you're going. Enjoy the kool‐aid!

• 1LOL
Reactions: Archer

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts

RodeejahUrquan

Horns n' Furz
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I don't remember, hah!
SLU Posts
Holy crepes, the Church of Scientology has finally infiltrated Second Life.

Well, if it's not them, it's some other sort of cult...or a troll. Slick website, weirdly vague buzzwords and that YT intro vid is the icing on the cult cake.

Well, I mean, as long as they aren't hurting themselves or other people, I guess they can stay...?

• 1LOL
  • 1ROFL
Reactions: Ellie and lucagrabacr

Chin Rey

Lag fighter
SL Rez
I'm scared :( Please don't let them ascend me.
According to their website, you're only nominated for an honorary prize. No ascension for you I'm afraid. :alien:

To me it seems like a group of people who take virtual reality very seriously. Maybe too seriously but who are we to judge?

• 1Like
Reactions: lucagrabacr
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Can I go ascend in Cristiano's place? I'm in the market for a good ole cult to escape to; my current life is very unsatisfying.
Well you are a prim. Are you a cube, a sphere or what?

lucagrabacr

Video Artist
SL Rez
Maybe lucagrabacr can drop by this thread and elucidate...
Oh god, didn't know this thread existed, thanks for mentioning me Myfi!

Yeah, it was a ceremony of our society where we ascend long-time members of the society, as well as give out honorary titles to people we consider to have contributed greatly to the cause of virtual embodiment! And Cristiano is one of the recipients for creating SLUniverse and VirtualVerse c=

RyanSchultz was there and he blogged about it too!

The Virtual Existence Society Awards Ceremony

Edit: a photo Ryan took of the ceremony

Edit 2: We would've elaborated to Cristiano regarding what it was all about but since we got no reply we just assumed he was busy and or didn't receive the message! It's kinda our fault though because we got to Cristiano a bit late so the reminder message went through first before we could even contact him in person which we did with the other honored guests, sorry for the confusion!

Edit 3: The invitation message which should've been sent to Cristiano had we not mess up the invitation process :facepalm:

Last edited:

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
So a group I don't even know recognizes this and is willing to give me eternal life or whatever and you people haven't even given me an award for my YEARS OF SERVICE TO YOU. :cut:
Well I admit I was starting to feel guilty about it, but then along came these guys and their award and POOF, problem solved!