The 1/6 hearings

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
The Secret Service was only able to provide a single text exchange to the DHS inspector general who had requested a month's worth of records for 24 Secret Service personnel, according to a letter to the House select committee investigating January 6, 2021, and obtained by CNN.

The revelation provides insight into the concern raised in a recent letter to Congress by the inspector general, who accused the agency of not retaining records needed for the January 6 investigation.
Inspector General Joseph Cuffari -- having already received an initial batch of documents including "hundreds of thousands of disclosures of agency documents, policies, radio communications, emails, briefings and interviews" -- requested in June 2021 text messages sent and received by 24 Secret Service personnel between December 7, 2020 and January 8, 2021, according to the letter, the details of which had not been previously reported. The letter does not identify the 24 personnel.
Yeah, sure. A backup problem.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
So for those who didn't watch Thursday's hearing (which was AWESOME, truly awesome), the one note of comic relief in the unrelentingly grim revelations, was a short segment on Josh Hawley. After showing a photo of his raised fist at the crowds on the morning of July 6, the committee then played a clip of Josh running for his life through the corridors of the Capitol.

The ensuring Tweet storms have been brutal.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Somewhat related:

One, I wonder who wrote that, because it uses words I sincerely doubt are in her vocabulary. And, two, why does her signature look so much like TFG's?

• 2Agree
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin and Govi

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
So for those who didn't watch Thursday's hearing (which was AWESOME, truly awesome), the one note of comic relief in the unrelentingly grim revelations, was a short segment on Josh Hawley. After showing a photo of his raised fist at the crowds on the morning of July 6, the committee then played a clip of Josh running for his life through the corridors of the Capitol.

The ensuring Tweet storms have been brutal.

• 1LOL
Reactions: Govi

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Reacting to reports that former White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney, ex-Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and former Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin have all appeared without having been subpoenaed, the legal analyst said the former members of Trump's inner circle see the writing on the wall after weeks of the House select committee hearings.
"What does it tell you that we are now seeing Trump allies and former cabinet members, like Steve Mnuchin and Mike Pompeo, reportedly engaging with the Jan. 6 committee without even having to be served with a subpoena?" host Phang prompted.

"It tells me that the Jan.6 committee is getting somewhere," Alksne replied. "They see it, they know it, and so they would rather go voluntarily than be subpoenaed. Obviously, the committee has some momentum, what's fascinating about what is also coming up this week is there is a whole collection of emails and lawyers who I cannot wait to hear from, who were hiding what they were doing from the White House lawyers."

Lexxi

meow
SL Rez
Joined SLU
12-14-2007
SLU Posts
mmphs. I was reading the thread, seeing comments I'd expect to see after his most recent lawsuit against him was revealed. Seeing things similar to but not exact words "maybe this time", etc. etc. Then realized I was reading on page 1 by accident, having forgotten to push that "jump to new". Became depressed, I did.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Just saw this. Any word of the number of times she takes the 5th?

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Apparently the rioters aren't happy with their current living conditions.

D.C. is more or less controlled by the U.S. Senate.

Remind me, again, who controls that chamber?