Ava Glasgow

Ava Ava hot like lava
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 21, 2018
Underwater
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Well, I've heard you have the ass for it. :)

Kaimi Kyomoon

Persistent Participant
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Oct 12, 2018
San Diego, California
SL Rez
Joined SLU
River Song is a hypercompetent smug know-it-all who never does anything wrong and always fixes all the problems while being the only person The Doctor is romantically interested in.

She's someone's fan fiction insert.
I love the way she knows it all, never does anything wrong and always fixes all the problems and turns out to be Amy and Rory's daughter. Has some sort of romance with The Doctor. I even love that she's so smug about it all.

Sep 23, 2018
WA, USA
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 18 2007
SLU Posts
Oh god I forgot the part about her being Amy and Rory's daughter.

Seriously the only thing keeping her from being a self-insert is that she's officially within the show. Everything about her screams "I am the most special and everyone should look at me and love me as I fix all the problems the actual characters can't because i'm just that amazing"

Kaimi Kyomoon

Persistent Participant
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Oct 12, 2018
San Diego, California
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Oh god I forgot the part about her being Amy and Rory's daughter.

Seriously the only thing keeping her from being a self-insert is that she's officially within the show. Everything about her screams "I am the most special and everyone should look at me and love me as I fix all the problems the actual characters can't because i'm just that amazing"
But she really is amazing. Okay I see what you're saying.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
Sep 20, 2018
SL: November RL: DC
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I love the way she knows it all, never does anything wrong and always fixes all the problems and turns out to be Amy and Rory's daughter. Has some sort of romance with The Doctor. I even love that she's so smug about it all.
I am REALLY hoping she puts in an appearance or two with this doctor.

Just so I can watch the crowd that hates a female doctor flip out even more and try to justify it somehow. :)

Sep 23, 2018
WA, USA
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 18 2007
SLU Posts
I love Whittaker as the Doctor the problem has been that the writing has been kind of inconsistent this season. She hasn't been given much to do.

And just to be clear, that's entirely my problem with River too. She's not a real person i'm not mad at her. I'm mad that they wrote her the way they did. A character like that could have been incredibly interesting and poignant, set up through a quirk of time and space to travel through time in an opposite direction from the person they have a romantic interest in. That's pretty cool! But they leaned way too hard on making her impossibly awesome while also removing all of her agency in the situation and making literally her entire life revolve around this man she's in love with.

Rose Karuna

Crazy Cat Lady - borrowed pic from Xerdan
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 24, 2018
Someplace new soon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I couldn't stand Rick on The Walking Dead. It figures that they finally get rid of him after I've stopped watching the show.

Also, not a big Captain Kirk fan, but I loved the rest of the show's characters (and the entire concept).

I started out loving Emma Swan's character, but then they introduced Hook as her love interest and she morphed into a simpering idiot whenever he was around. Give me some good old evil Rumple, thank you ma'am.
Yeah, at first it was Lori Grimes for me, she was so whiny and over dramatic. Now I agree, it's [was] Rick. Also in "Fear the Walking Dead" I really hated Nicholas at first but then toward the end, just before they killed him off, I started liking him better.

I don't think there are words to define how much I hated Susan Mayer in Desperate Housewives. Yes, I watched Desperate Housewives, I'll admit to it. :p

On a smaller scale I was not too fond of Kate Austen in Lost either but I didn't find her anywhere near as irritating as Lori or Susan.

I was never a Captain Kirk fan either but damn I sure did love William Shatner's character "Denny" in Boston Legal. Something tells me that his portrayal of Denny was not all that much of an act.

GradyE

Sep 21, 2018
Vancouver, Canada
I stopped watching 24 when the Keifer character started torturing someone in every episode.
Likewise for Daredevil. I stopped watching after I noticed that whenever there was a fistfight someone would be getting slammed in the face not once or twice but twenty times. I counted punches in one scene and stopped counting after 20. This seemed to occur at least once every episode towards the end of the first season.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
Sep 20, 2018
SL: November RL: DC
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I love Whittaker as the Doctor the problem has been that the writing has been kind of inconsistent this season. She hasn't been given much to do..
That seems to be a common complaint, especially among people who want to like her.

She is likable but Chibnal is giving her so little to do so there is no huge moment we can point to with the people who will not give her the same chance they gave the other actors in the role. The best episodes this season were written by guest writers.

Sep 21, 2018
SLU Posts
I only ever watched the first episode of Supergirl, and I hated it very deeply. I don't know if they developed her character further in later episodes, but the impression I got of her in the first episode was that she was mean just for the sake of being mean. ...but the main character appreciated this because mean = strong woman to her?
Callista Flockhart was gone after season 1. Her job was to play the "Perry White" overbearing editor to Clark Kent's being a neophyte at the Daily Planet parallel. Once Kara (Supergirl) grew into her role, she wasn't needed any more and was replaced.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2018
Hillcrest, San Diego, CA
Joined SLU
Jan 15 2004
SLU Posts
Not exactly in the theme of the thread, but "Handmaid's Tale" ... haaaaated the main character. And everything else about the story.

If I were her, having lived a 'normal life' and then got forced into the world she finds herself in... I'd be slitting sleeping throats and setting fires in the dead of night, every chance I got.

Ava Glasgow

Ava Ava hot like lava
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 21, 2018
Underwater
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
So she could end up just another dead body hanging on the wall?

Free

The Pie Whisperer
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 22, 2018
Neuken, America
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
  • Free

Free

Callista Flockhart was gone after season 1. Her job was to play the "Perry White" overbearing editor to Clark Kent's being a neophyte at the Daily Planet parallel. Once Kara (Supergirl) grew into her role, she wasn't needed any more and was replaced.
Sounds good, but actually, Supergirl moved production from Los Angeles to Vancouver between seasons 1 to 2 to cut down on costs. As Callista was rumored to have no interest in uprooting herself and her son (and her husband, Han Solo), or separating from them during the months of filming, Cat Grant was a casualty of that. If she had, she would have stayed in something way more than an occasionally recurring guest star role, since the character was mostly liked by viewers.

Free

The Pie Whisperer
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 22, 2018
Neuken, America
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
  • Free

Free

If I were her, having lived a 'normal life' and then got forced into the world she finds herself in... I'd be slitting sleeping throats and setting fires in the dead of night, every chance I got.
That's certainly a very different story.

Puretone

Still Pancakes alt (Roxy Couturier)
Sep 21, 2018
Joined SLU
Feb 2011
SLU Posts
Going back a bit, but I couldn't stand Ted on How I Met Your Mother, nor J.D. on Scrubs.
God I hated Ted. Smug asshole womanizer. Sure, Barney was too, but he was an over the top parody. Ted was the real deal who didn't really deserve a happy ending. He is the proto-red pill/PUA. All he needs to be complete is a neck beard.

Ava Glasgow

Ava Ava hot like lava
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 21, 2018
Underwater
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Have you forgotten about her daughter she desperately wanted to rescue and get to safety in Canada? June absolutely had something to live for.

Don't know how far you watched, but there were other characters who took the more extreme path you prefer.