pc Satisfactory Game!

Jopsy Pendragon

Magic thrives within Intentionality
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Yep! I was looking for that exact snippet when posting the above, but couldn't remember where it was. :)

I'm still only at ~15 turbo motors per minute, and could probably double that by tomorrow if I really make the effort. I can plunk down easily extendable manifolds really quickly now. What slows me down is the limit on much building material I can carry at one time. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: Essence Lumin
SL Rez
SLU Posts
In your diagram above you are using alt recipes turbo rigour motor and radio control system. It could be quartz could be the hard limit for how fast turbo motors can be produced with those recipes. I don't know, but taking a look at that -

There are 11 regular quartz nodes that can be overclocked to 600 / minute each
There are 5 pure quartz nodes that can be overclocked but are limited by an mk5 belt to 780 / minute each
So 10,500 world production of quartz per minute

A turbo rigour motor needs 5 radio control systems that need 30 each or 150 per motor.

So 10,500 / 150 = 70 motors per minute max.

So with the goal of 192,000 motors / 70 = 2743 minutes or just under two days.

Doable I think, but quite the project!

• 1Agree
Reactions: Jopsy Pendragon

Jopsy Pendragon

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Interesting point! I had been worried I'd run out of caterium nodes first, because I'm already hauling that in for quickwire from a 5-6 nodes. My pair of raw quartz nodes seem to be meeting my needs so far. (overclocked to saturate a single MK5 belt).

Fortunately I'm able to use the silica byproduct from making alumnium to reduce the need for raw quartz for other components. We'll see how it goes!

• 1Like

Jopsy Pendragon

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
ARGH!!!

So, I set up this nice little 16 foundry + 40 constructor farm to create ~800 'copper sheets' a minute, upstream I've got like 35 buildings that need a lot of them.

And I mis-matched the belts... constructors were getting a mix of ingots and ore... and upstream buildings were getting a mix of copper sheets and ingots.

I had to flush out the lines, delete all the input belts to clear the jams and then put them back.

And then I did it again. /headdesk

(had trouble uploading to snapzilla, probably due to size)

And earlier, I took a ride on a massive sky-manta. Very scenic, windy, and tense. He seems kinda slippery and it's easy to fall off, and it's a -long- way down!

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Something that YouTuber missed: The Mk1 pumps also have a minor redesign; but more importantly, the pumps and the new valves can be ROTATED after being placed. That is, originally when placing your pumps (which are one-directional), scrolling the mouse wheel changed the directionality of the pump and that's it. The model was kind of fixed so the pump mechanism stuck out to either one side or the other depending on the flow direction and you had no control over this, meaning there was always a very high chance that either your pumps or your power cables (or both) clipped into/through walls or other pipes or whatever was close by and you basically just had to live with that. Now, placing pumps (and the valves) is two-step - first you choose the flow directionality, but then you can rotate the pump "around" the pipe, to get the sticky-outey parts and the power connector facing the direction you want.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
The refinery is redesigned. It takes a little less space. Horrors, though, the Ficsit label is backwards.

• 1Wow!
Reactions: Dakota Tebaldi

Sean Gorham

Verti's Minion Again!
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
2007-09-27
SLU Posts
I didn't even know trucks could use jump pads... :freakout:

• 1Agree

Jopsy Pendragon

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
The refinery is redesigned. It takes a little less space. Horrors, though, the Ficsit label is backwards.

The devs crack me up. On the resource scanner, unlike other options 'coal' wasn't capitalized. Patch came out and then it was "cOAL". Now, IIRC, they randomly decapitalize the other choices on the selection wheel as well.

• 1LOL

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
The most fascinating fact for me about this game is, although there is no official support for mods yet, there are already tons of mods because the community figured out a way to produce mods regardless!

So just imagine what would happen if mods do become an official feature of the game...

• 1Agree

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts

The Conveyor Belt networking rework is now live on Early Access. But, as you probably have already noticed, that is not the only thing changing today. We added some seasonal event content for you to explore December through January!

While we could not push a big update before the end of this year, we still wanted to give you something new over the holidays. So, we spent a little bit of time on this FICSIT themed event. What exactly we have changed and added you will have to find for yourself over the course of December, but we really hope you all will enjoy it! And if you don’t, you can simply turn the event off in the gameplay options from the main menu.

Hope you all are having a great time and will enjoy the event <3 Merry FICS*MAS!

FICS*MAS CONTENT

• A new FICS*MAS MAM tree to unlock event content
  • A FICS*MAS Calendar next to the HUB terminal filled with some surprises and parts necessary to advance the FICS*MAS event
  • Pickupable FICS*MAS gifts falling from the sky
  • Several unlockable event related parts
  • Several unlockable event related buildings to decorate with
  • Two unlockable event equipment variations
  • A number of event related cosmetic changes

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I don't play Satisfactory with mods so I don't really follow Kibitz, but in this video he plays with the Christmas stuff!

It's not just a few decorations! Well, it IS, but you actually have to set up a factory chain to create them. And some of the tech is time-gated via the advent calendar, so it's something you have reason to play with over the whole event, not just for three or four days until you get bored.

Last edited:

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
UPDATE 4 IS OUT!!!!!*

* on the experimental branch.

But stilllllll!

This video summarizes many of the changes and new happyfunthings you can expect in Satisfactory Update 4. It includes a revision of Tier 7 and a new Tier 8, some changes to nuclear and aluminum production, some new modes of transport, and other goodies.

Jopsy Pendragon

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Jace and Snutt are so damned adorkable. :D

... and DRONES!! WOOHOOO! =D

Be careful with experimental / update 4, I hear the auto-save is currently disabled! Which is nice (no random save/freezes) but with the obvious downside of possibly losing hours of building if you forget to checkpoint from time to time.

• 1Agree