Police Brutality Protests Thread

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
3,190
Location
Minnesnowta
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Actually it was an accident. He was on the freeway before the ramps were closed off, and the driver is VERY RELIEVED he did not hurt or kill anyone. He had just delivered a load of gas to a station and was (I guess) returning back to work. I'd link to multiple local news media, but it's warm and muggy here. Check out TV stations KSTP, WCCO, KARE-11, local papers Star Tribune, St Paul Pioneer Press, and Minnesota Public Radio (MPR).

Additionally, after getting pulled out and roughed up, other protesters surrounded and protected him. When police and emergency vehicles pulled up the protesters dispersed peacefully.
Only for those very same peaceful protesters who remained to be tear gassed, rubber bullets used upon them, corralled and arrested a few short hours later.
 

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
3,190
Location
Minnesnowta
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
I would say, It has, rather quickly and ominously, gone from protection from rioting to beat, shoot at and otherwise eliminate peaceful protests.

I would say that, except that they were doing that all along to peaceful protesters.
 

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
3,190
Location
Minnesnowta
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Yeah, I’ll wait for the hearing before I believe that was an accident.
Almost immediately after, the DOT was reporting that to be the case. The station I was watching took great pains to state that it didn't come from the police dept or any other potential biased interest, but the DOT.

He seems to have been caught in the middle of being on the road at right around the same time that the freeways were closed.

Still, he was going awfully fast into that group. But then, I am reminded of just how long it takes for a large vehicle such as that to stop when I was taught such things as a bus driver. It can take up to 525 feet, depending upon speed.

We are extremely lucky that nobody was hurt. Needless to say, my heart jumped at seeing just how closely it came. There were some people that were unable to get out of the way and were right at the front right edge of that vehicle.
 
Last edited:

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
24,428
SLU Posts
18459
Last edited:

Bartholomew Gallacher

Administrator
Joined
Sep 26, 2018
Messages
7,089
SL Rez
2002

detrius

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
2,664
Location
Land of bread, beer and BMW.
Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
10065

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
4,062
Almost immediately after, the DOT was reporting that to be the case. The station I was watching took great pains to state that it didn't come from the police dept or any other potential biased interest, but the DOT.

He seems to have been caught in the middle of being on the road at right around the same time that the freeways were closed.

Still, he was going awfully fast into that group. But then, I am reminded of just how long it takes for a large vehicle such as that to stop when I was taught such things as a bus driver. It can take up to 525 feet, depending upon speed.

We are extremely lucky that nobody was hurt. Needless to say, my heart jumped at seeing just how closely it came. There were some people that were unable to get out of the way and were right at the front right edge of that vehicle.
And that is strike 3 for the state patrol.

1) woman blinded in left eye by rubber bullet fired by state patrol - they are TAUGHT to aim low. An eye is not low.
2) "light em up" when they fired on people watching from a porch.
3) not ensuring the safety of protestors by having patrol cars with flashing lights behind the protest.
Oh yeah, forgot about arresting those journalists and LYING about it.
 

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
3,190
Location
Minnesnowta
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
And that is strike 3 for the state patrol.

1) woman blinded in left eye by rubber bullet fired by state patrol - they are TAUGHT to aim low. An eye is not low.
2) "light em up" when they fired on people watching from a porch.
3) not ensuring the safety of protestors by having patrol cars with flashing lights behind the protest.
Oh yeah, forgot about arresting those journalists and LYING about it.
Can we say, police state?
 

Romana

The Timeless Child
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
5,097
SL Rez
2010
And that is strike 3 for the state patrol.

1) woman blinded in left eye by rubber bullet fired by state patrol - they are TAUGHT to aim low. An eye is not low.
2) "light em up" when they fired on people watching from a porch.
3) not ensuring the safety of protestors by having patrol cars with flashing lights behind the protest.
Oh yeah, forgot about arresting those journalists and LYING about it.
I saw a harrowing photo on Twitter of a woman also hit in the heat by a rubber bullet.
Um, sorry for linking to Kim Kardashian's blog, but that's where I find it again when I went to look. Props to Kim fur wanting to help her, though.