- Joined
- Sep 20, 2018
- Messages
- 24,428
- SLU Posts
- 18459
Only for those very same peaceful protesters who remained to be tear gassed, rubber bullets used upon them, corralled and arrested a few short hours later.Actually it was an accident. He was on the freeway before the ramps were closed off, and the driver is VERY RELIEVED he did not hurt or kill anyone. He had just delivered a load of gas to a station and was (I guess) returning back to work. I'd link to multiple local news media, but it's warm and muggy here. Check out TV stations KSTP, WCCO, KARE-11, local papers Star Tribune, St Paul Pioneer Press, and Minnesota Public Radio (MPR).
Additionally, after getting pulled out and roughed up, other protesters surrounded and protected him. When police and emergency vehicles pulled up the protesters dispersed peacefully.
Yeah, I’ll wait for the hearing before I believe that was an accident.Actually it was an accident.
Almost immediately after, the DOT was reporting that to be the case. The station I was watching took great pains to state that it didn't come from the police dept or any other potential biased interest, but the DOT.Yeah, I’ll wait for the hearing before I believe that was an accident.
Good for her! But I worry for her safety.
China just *disappears* people. Though, you know, Trump's call to monitor and send to jail for 10 years anyone isn't all that different.
I'm sure Trump admires the way China is dealing with the Uyghurs, and that he'd love some Trump Vocational Education and Training Centers (particularly if jnr got the contract to build them).China just *disappears* people. Though, you know, Trump's call to monitor and send to jail for 10 years anyone isn't all that different.
He's just bitter that he and his friends didn't get that contract.I'm sure Trump admires the way China is dealing with the Uyghurs, and that he'd love some Trump Vocational Education and Training Centers (particularly if jnr got the contract to build them).
And that is strike 3 for the state patrol.Almost immediately after, the DOT was reporting that to be the case. The station I was watching took great pains to state that it didn't come from the police dept or any other potential biased interest, but the DOT.
He seems to have been caught in the middle of being on the road at right around the same time that the freeways were closed.
Still, he was going awfully fast into that group. But then, I am reminded of just how long it takes for a large vehicle such as that to stop when I was taught such things as a bus driver. It can take up to 525 feet, depending upon speed.
We are extremely lucky that nobody was hurt. Needless to say, my heart jumped at seeing just how closely it came. There were some people that were unable to get out of the way and were right at the front right edge of that vehicle.
Can we say, police state?And that is strike 3 for the state patrol.
1) woman blinded in left eye by rubber bullet fired by state patrol - they are TAUGHT to aim low. An eye is not low.
2) "light em up" when they fired on people watching from a porch.
3) not ensuring the safety of protestors by having patrol cars with flashing lights behind the protest.
Oh yeah, forgot about arresting those journalists and LYING about it.
I saw a harrowing photo on Twitter of a woman also hit in the heat by a rubber bullet.And that is strike 3 for the state patrol.
1) woman blinded in left eye by rubber bullet fired by state patrol - they are TAUGHT to aim low. An eye is not low.
2) "light em up" when they fired on people watching from a porch.
3) not ensuring the safety of protestors by having patrol cars with flashing lights behind the protest.
Oh yeah, forgot about arresting those journalists and LYING about it.