Police Brutality Protests Thread

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
What kind of qualifications are required to become a cop in the USA?
Is knowing the name of your dog and how to eat donuts sufficient?

It seems those guys have no clue what to do in these kind of situations. 😢
What do they train?

• 1Agree
Reactions: Rose Karuna

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Yeah, they are running down protestors everywhere. Even where I am, in Harrisburg, PA. At this point, police vehicles need to be treated as deadly weapons that need to be eliminated for public safety. That is what molotovs were designed for. It sucks, but burning police cars saves lives. The police caused this issue themselves.
I just have to giggle whenever someone talks about molotov cocktails. Finns first made them and named them after a Russian official they hated. Seems apt to use them against the orange one, even if by proxy.

• 1Interesting
  • 1LOL
Reactions: bubblesort and Romana

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
What kind of qualifications are required to become a cop in the USA?
Is knowing the name of your dog and how to eat donuts sufficient?

It seems those guys have no clue what to do in these kind of situations. 😢
What do they train?
There are psychological tests that should screen out bad cops.

Trump cut funds for Police training.

Trump cut civil rights funds relevant to police.

Trump mocked police that avoid hurting people in custody.

Cops like Chauvin are kept employed despite being written up many times.

Last edited:

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
London, Dublin, several places in Germany.
Europe has been fed up for a long time already about the violent way cops in the US handle things. Especially against non whites.
Don't forget that news travels with the speed of light in the last decade.

Berlin:
The same happened with Occupy, people in power used to the old methods of constraining informations HATE it.

Sredni Eel

In Space, no one can hear you Cha Cha Cha!
I'm with you liberals on this one, outraged by the police brutality. When i see something like this its not that the police did this, its that an agent of the state is responsible. I don't see it as much as a racial issue as a general problem with the relationship between state and citizen, considering I'm white and am also in danger from police authoritarianism. Need to back off on petty matters.. The whole country agrees but not a good idea to push these riots too far in my opinion, does more harm than good.
Are you for fucking real? I can't even with people anymore.

Listen up, Snorkelpotamus, it IS about race. This whole thing started because a black man (knowingly or unknowingly) passed a forged check or something, and the cops literally grinned as they beat him senseless and leaned on his throat till he died, and then leaned on him some more. Cops kill black people for shit anyone else would get a slap on the wrist for. It is absolutely racially charged.

Quite a lot of the people causing trouble are not black, oddly enough. And the fucking cops are out of control, firing rubber bullets into people's faces. They aren't supposed to aim that high, yet here we are. One noted photographic journalist lost her eye last night.

I'm sitting here praying for sanity, and seriously envying Bob and Doug on the SpaceX Dragon, because at least they got to leave this planet.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Plurabelle Laszlo

SL Rez
Joined SLU
I don't know enough about US law. But to me it seems that classifying what is indeed not a strictly organized organization as 'terrorist group' makes it even more dangerous. Under this administration at least. There will be no member list to define who belongs to that 'group', and that makes persecution easy. Even if charges don't hold up in court, lives will be ruined.
Are you talking about the 2017 G20 summit, when rioters wrecked Hamburg's Schanzenviertel - a famous left-wing neighbourhood?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure those came from somewhere else.
yes, I do. And I was there :). The looters were mostly kids from other parts of town who didn't really know what they were doing. Often protesters and local antifa/black block tried to stop them when they were attacking small businesses. But that doesn't really belong into this thread, I just wanted to explain how the term Krawalltouristen is usually used.

• 2Thanks
Reactions: Myradyl Muse and Sid

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

(Though, as one of the replies suggests, this might cause Trump to tell them to lay off journos for a bit, since the Russian Embassy is involved).