Police Brutality Protests Thread

Nostrildamus

I'm with you liberals on this one, outraged by the police brutality. When i see something like this its not that the police did this, its that an agent of the state is responsible. I don't see it as much as a racial issue as a general problem with the relationship between state and citizen, considering I'm white and am also in danger from police authoritarianism. Need to back off on petty matters.. The whole country agrees but not a good idea to push these riots too far in my opinion, does more harm than good.

Monica Dream

Jesus -he knows me ...and he knows I'm right!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2010
SLU Posts
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: Romana

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I don't see it as much as a racial issue as a general problem with the relationship between state and citizen, considering I'm white and am also in danger from police authoritarianism.
That's where the problem lies; because objectively it IS a racial issue, between the state and specifically black citizens. And while our particular authoritarian police system is definitely a danger to everyone, it is not as much, or the same kind, of a danger to white people as it is to black people.

Monica Dream

Jesus -he knows me ...and he knows I'm right!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2010
SLU Posts

Eunoli

SLU Cassandra
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
I am just so sad. I'm sad for that poor murdered man. I'm sad for all these kids out protesting who are at huge risk for Covid now. I'm sad that the Trump administration is likely to use this as an excuse to strip civil liberties, not listen to the justified complaints. I'm horrified that if those in Washington can find a way to stoke violence, they will - and they may very well use it to do horrible things - all the while being happy because it keeps the focus off their failures in foreign policy, in containing the pandemic and literally everything else.