Police Brutality Protests Thread

Pamela

Well-known member
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,515
Location
Austin
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
2009
London, Dublin, several places in Germany.
Europe has been fed up for a long time already about the violent way cops in the US handle things. Especially against non whites.
Don't forget that news travels with the speed of light in the last decade.

Berlin:
It is very touching, that they care.
 

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,698
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565

Free

IZ ADMIN
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
43,698
Location
Moonbase Caligula
SL Rez
2008
Joined SLU
2009
SLU Posts
55565
Also, this thread needs to be renamed to "The 2020 Police Riots"

The ongoing protests following the killing of George Floyd were caught up in violence again on Saturday, as police all over the country tear-gassed protesters, drove vehicles through crowds, opened fire with nonlethal rounds on journalists or people on their own property, and in at least one instance, pushed over an elderly man who was walking away with a cane. Here are some of the ways law enforcement officers escalated the national unrest.
 

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
24,428
SLU Posts
18459
London, Dublin, several places in Germany.
Europe has been fed up for a long time already about the violent way cops in the US handle things. Especially against non whites.
Don't forget that news travels with the speed of light in the last decade.

Berlin:
London

 

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
7,936
Location
Coonspiracy Central, Noonkkot
SL Rez
2005
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
20780
Larry Niven's _Flash Crowd_ and _The Last Days of the Permanent Floating Riot Club_ were about this... with teleportation booths tossed in.

If you have prepared rioters prestaged everywhere, you don't need teleportation.
 

Plurabelle Laszlo

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
164
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
2011
A word that is usually used to discredit people who show solidarity, nationally or even internationally, when they join a local protest. For example German authorities and yellow press called protesters from the Netherlands or Italy Krawalltouristen when they came to Hamburg for the G20 protests, as if G20 would be a local event.

Not denying that there -are- people who travel just to riot, but it's definitely not the majority. I have been traveling to join protests in other cities, too, and it was not for the touristic experience.
 
  • 2Thanks
Reactions: Myradyl Muse and Free

Pamela

Well-known member
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,515
Location
Austin
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
2009
Also, this thread needs to be renamed to "The 2020 Police Riots"

It takes nothing away from police outrages that in some places the police joined the marchers. Not only do they deserve credit but they demonstrate that it is possible to have a police dept that serves and protects everyone. It is obvious many police depts are warring internally. The Black Minneapolis police chief had to sue his own dept. for discrimination.
 

Pamela

Well-known member
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Oct 7, 2018
Messages
1,515
Location
Austin
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
2009
My God, now Trump is tweeting that Antifa will be considered a terrorist group.
 

Romana

The Timeless Child
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
5,097
SL Rez
2010
My God, now Trump is tweeting that Antifa will be considered a terrorist group.
Another one of his favorite themes, and his base's.
I do hope there is video of the Proud Boys or Oathkeepers caught red-handed.
Or, unlikely but one can dream, that an actual good cop, like the ones in the tweet Kamilah posted, arrests them.
 
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Monica Dream

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
3,190
Location
Minnesnowta
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
From Thursday night, watch these guys rolling around a cart full of bricks to pass out. They then begin tossing them through windows to get the ball rolling. Notice anything about their melatonin and general demeanor? I may have selected a bit too early so watch a few minutes of it. The cart is to the left.

 

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
3,190
Location
Minnesnowta
SL Rez
2007
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
I am only going to say this once. I am beyond pissed I hate the Minneapolis police who murdered George Floyd. I hate the rioters who destroyed a part of town that won't easily be rebuilt. I hate any and all outsiders who came in to destroy.

You have to understand Lake Street and just what this destruction has caused. In the late 80's up until the revitalization of it after Sears left Lake Street was pretty much a collection of dive bars and the like, at least on its Eastern end, where much of the destruction occurred. Immigrants and minorities put their blood, sweat and tears into revitalizing it. They put their life savings into their businesses, only in some cases to see it burned to the ground. University Avenue over in St. Paul had a strong regrowth after light rail was put in. Among the destruction there was a 100 year old family run pharmacy. Smaller, but similar things happened over here on the North side.

Now, I DO understand the anger and the need to lash out. I do. But goddammit, lash out at the right people. I have no tears for the 3rd precinct or places like Target and other chains. But to do this to all, and I mean of ton, of small, locally owned, often minority owned, businesses just pisses me off. Many insurance companies will not cover riot damage. Many of the burned out places were built with blood, swear, tears and life savings.

Why not go downtown and destroy the real centers of power? Go for the Federal Reserve Bank Bldg, the Capitol, ,anywhere but where was chosen.
 
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
6,768
Location
NJ suburb of Philadelphia
SL Rez
2003
SLU Posts
4494
Attributed to Lenin, though no one has ever found a reference.
That's kind of bizarre. Wikiquote labels it a misattribution with the earliest reference being from 2005.

I found a big echo in every speech I made-and I made one every day-to Lenin's words that there are decades when nothing happens, but there are weeks when decades happen. And those weeks may well be coming in the Middle East sooner than we think. And the Iraqi resistance is the reason for that. It has emboldened all Arabs and all Muslims everywhere, and I think it has emboldened people as far away as Latin America - Ecuador, Bolivia, and so on.
Exposing the Big Lie Interview with George Galloway by Eric Ruder
 

detrius

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 19, 2018
Messages
2,664
Location
Land of bread, beer and BMW.
Joined SLU
09-30-2007
SLU Posts
10065
A word that is usually used to discredit people who show solidarity, nationally or even internationally, when they join a local protest. For example German authorities and yellow press called protesters from the Netherlands or Italy Krawalltouristen when they came to Hamburg for the G20 protests, as if G20 would be a local event.
Are you talking about the 2017 G20 summit, when rioters wrecked Hamburg's Schanzenviertel - a famous left-wing neighbourhood?


Yeah, I'm pretty sure those came from somewhere else.
 

Romana

The Timeless Child
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
5,097
SL Rez
2010
From Thursday night, watch these guys rolling around a cart full of bricks to pass out. They then begin tossing them through windows to get the ball rolling. Notice anything about their melatonin and general demeanor? I may have selected a bit too early so watch a few minutes of it. The cart is to the left.

They'll claim it was "crisis actors". 🤮
Probably why I've seen that phrase already in responses already.
I am only going to say this once. I am beyond pissed I hate the Minneapolis police who murdered George Floyd. I hate the rioters who destroyed a part of town that won't easily be rebuilt. I hate any and all outsiders who came in to destroy.

You have to understand Lake Street and just what this destruction has caused. In the late 80's up until the revitalization of it after Sears left Lake Street was pretty much a collection of dive bars and the like, at least on its Eastern end, where much of the destruction occurred. Immigrants and minorities put their blood, sweat and tears into revitalizing it. They put their life savings into their businesses, only in some cases to see it burned to the ground. University Avenue over in St. Paul had a strong regrowth after light rail was put in. Among the destruction there was a 100 year old family run pharmacy. Smaller, but similar things happened over here on the North side.

Now, I DO understand the anger and the need to lash out. I do. But goddammit, lash out at the right people. I have no tears for the 3rd precinct or places like Target and other chains. But to do this to all, and I mean of ton, of small, locally owned, often minority owned, businesses just pisses me off. Many insurance companies will not cover riot damage. Many of the burned out places were built with blood, swear, tears and life savings.

Why not go downtown and destroy the real centers of power? Go for the Federal Reserve Bank Bldg, the Capitol, ,anywhere but where was chosen.
I'd lay odds that the destruction of the minority-owned businesses is all down to the Proud Boys or some such. Fits in with their agenda, and I can't imagine POC assigning blame to those businesses, other than some assholes who are just using it as an excuse to steal. Sadly, every ethnicity has some.
 
Last edited:

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined
Sep 20, 2018
Messages
24,428
SLU Posts
18459
That's kind of bizarre. Wikiquote labels it a misattribution with the earliest reference being from 2005.



Exposing the Big Lie Interview with George Galloway by Eric Ruder
Yes, I know it's attributed to him but it's nowhere to be found in his published writings or any contemporary account by someone reporting his speeches or conversation.

If you look at the Wikiquote article a bit further down, they suggest it could be a summary version of a longer quote from Marx in a letter to Engels, expressing a similar idea, only less catchily.

(And George Galloway speaking on RT is not my idea of an authoritative source).
 
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Essence Lumin