Police Brutality Protests Thread

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Fuck you for calling me a liberal -I'm a leftist, damnit.

And I'm in favor of letting the people being targeted -and killed- by police brutality be the judge of how far is "too far".
Meanwhile:
Drone Video Shows Massive Scale Of Riots In Minneapolis
That being said I am of two minds about this. Normally I would be all in on riots. However right now it also has the result of spreading the virus, including to people who are more vulnerable.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Romana

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
That's where the problem lies; because objectively it IS a racial issue, between the state and specifically black citizens. And while our particular authoritarian police system is definitely a danger to everyone, it is not as much, or the same kind, of a danger to white people as it is to black people.
The police are certainly a problem. Every time I start leaning towards 'it is just a few bad apples' a really bad one emerges. I wonder how their system could be completely reformed without problems like racial bias?

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Right after cnn? Those police certainly do not know how to handle such a situation. In DC there are protests every weekend for different things so, while we have bad cops, we do not have stupid ones.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
We've been through worse things. We'll survive this. What I'm not sure about, though, is whether we will ever get better or heal from this.
There will still be a country (or countries) here. There are good odds it will not be called the US though.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Thread

Young white guys, their motives and affiliations unclear, joining the protests and setting out to damage property in Oakland, Philadelphia and elsewhere.

People are speculating they may be members of the "Proud Boys" and similar organisations, deliberately out to cause trouble and provoke police violence.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Thread

Young white guys, their motives and affiliations unclear, joining the protests and setting out to damage property in Oakland, Philadelphia and elsewhere.

People are speculating they may be members of the "Proud Boys" and similar organisations, deliberately out to cause trouble and provoke police violence.

From past protests most likely they are agitators out to look the protestors look bad. They could be antifa, but I equate the two for most purposes.

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Unavalilable, what was it about, please ?
I think it was another example of police action in the riot. Some of the tweets, when they get too much attention are sometimes deleted because the poster doesn’t want so much attention. Sometimes they give/sell the rights to news agency. I saw many tweets yesterday, so it’s hard to remember which one...

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Arkady Arkright

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I think it was another example of police action in the riot. Some of the tweets, when they get too much attention are sometimes deleted because the poster doesn’t want so much attention. Sometimes they give/sell the rights to news agency. I saw many tweets yesterday, so it’s hard to remember which one...
I couldn't swear to it, but I think when I saw your post originally it was a clip, widely shared on social media generally, of the cop firing something (not a bullet -- teargas, baton round, or something) at the journalists covering the protests in (I think) Louisville.

(I may be mistaken about Louisville -- it's on my mind at the moment because someone close to me lives there),

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Isabeau

Lexxi

meow
SL Rez
Joined SLU
12-14-2007
SLU Posts
The clip that is gone was like and not like my clips above that show protesters and cars interacting. Mine showed protesters almost getting into fights with people in cars, but shaking hands instead or pulling other protesters away. Yours should a car drive up with people in the road. It idled for a moment or two, then it almost hit a couple of protesters, then ran over one (I know I saw that particular Twitter clip somewhere, but it might not have specifically been what you had up - I do know it was a bad interaction with a car and protesters because I was going to comment that we keep posting similar though slightly different (or more than slightly different) posts roughly at the same time).