Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
[2:21] Rando whose question I answered: thanks sweetie

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
When someone IMs you and you have no idea who they are and how they even know you're where you're at since they're not on your radar, and, oh yeah, they speak a language you have no idea what it is, but you have some idea they're trying to hit you up for teh sexxors.....🙄

• 1Agree
Reactions: Govi

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Must be Halloween. SL forum GD is a dumpster fire today. 😂

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
Anon reviews will be a bit of a wild ride, even if the seller still gets the name in an email.

I sometimes check the profiles of suspicious reviews to see if it’s a review by someone off their nut.

Shiloh Lyric

Staying Woke
SL Rez
Joined SLU
August, 2008
Are Gachas allowed again, and I missed something? I've seen 3 Flickr photos advertising "gacha" for The Arcade. And they're all using that title, not "meipon" (sic?). I thought they were banned?

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Are Gachas allowed again, and I missed something? I've seen 3 Flickr photos advertising "gacha" for The Arcade. And they're all using that title, not "meipon" (sic?). I thought they were banned?
The are not allowed. They are banned. People are stupid.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Shiloh Lyric

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
The are not allowed. They are banned. People are stupid.
I think they don't know what to call the Arcade system. They're different from regular miepons or NextUps because there's an Arcade HUD it interacts with.
I guess they're figuring just call it gacha and people will see when they get there, lol.

Last edited:
  • 1Thanks

Knutz Scorpio

SL Rez
Joined SLU
02-15-2014
With LL reputation for being slow to enforce things people probably thing they can have their gatchas and be long gone before any punishment happens.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I think they don't know what to call the Arcade system.

It's not like they've had months to update their website with...something else. (The How to Play covers the HUD, but they've apparently forgotten they have other pages that need some editing, like the HOME PAGE.)

• 1Agree

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
So SL is weird? Hold my beer! Or better yet, put it down on a coaster...

There's this little club I'm connected with. Not little in the cost of running it! Anyway, it's big enough to have a staff. One of them, one of my DJs, just tonight explained to me she's been accused of sexual assault by an assumed nineteen-year-old.

That's a sexual assault in Second Life.

OK. So my DJ says the 19yo is making this claim after she (my DJ) would not sleep with her. Not sure the details are important, but I got my DJ's OK to post about it. Her story goes like this: They went on a 'date' arranged by a friend. The 19yo was acting horny but she was tired, told her this, kept providing excuses, anything to avoid having things lead to a sexual, albeit virtual, encounter. Afterwards, she saw her a few more times, including once having her to one of her shows. (!!!) And now she's dealing with this accusation.

I don't know all the details with timeline. I'm not sure I want to know. I do know the 19yo showed up at my club while my DJ was hanging out tonight, left just after my DJ left, and showed up at another club my DJ had gone to to see a friend at. A bit weird to be following someone you've accused of sexual assault, yes?

My DJ told me all this to ask if she could block the 19yo. It's club policy not to block anyone (well, anyone who's likely to visit the club) *unless* they've been banned. I of course told her she could. She also uses a viewer that can be set so it won't block anyone in local chat, so not much of an issue. I also suggested she make sure other staff are around or quickly available when she's DJing. Beyond that, I'm not a fount of knowledge of what do in a situation like this. So I'm posting for advice, especially from other SL club owners, former and current, on how I might be handling things.

Of course I can ban the 19yo from my club. It's my club, and I don't need a reason. But that might not resolve anything in any real sense. It could make things worse. And it doesn't help my DJ, who would probably like to continue visiting her normal haunts beyond my club.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
I'm presuming you've worked with this DJ for awhile and basically trust their honesty.

IF TRUE:
Have your friend the DJ's back and ban the stalker. Then ban any alts of the stalker. Ban Ban Ban.

Then call in Thor to ban.

It's up to your DJ to decide what to ask for at other clubs and up to those other clubs to decide what to do.

• 1Like
  • 1Thanks
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Govi, Clara D. and Free

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
Gonna add to this, stalker management sucks, and deciding to handle it with no contact or grey rock is a fine art. So I'd like to modify that to 'be willing to ban' if DJ wants to try no contact, but if they want to try the grey rock and not ask for a club ban, they'll need to be ready to handle drama in the club.

But you've got a stalker coming to your club.

If you're in contact with Bronx on the Tweeter or Faceboop, I'd ask her advice too. She's a natural jerk-whisperer.

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
Stalkers suck. Block, ban.

Beezle dealt with some amazingly persistent asshat when I was a n00b. One of those creeps that joined the mentor group so they could perv.

That's when the alting started. Fucker was a "regular" at one of my favorite music spots.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
Second Life search will only give me G rated results because there is nowhere to log in.

• 1Bacon
Reactions: Free

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
Phone issue? Link on the desktop is upper right side of page.

Try this for a redirect:

No such animal on the in viewer screen. Following your link, though, seems to have cured it, and I don't know why or how Firefox and the in Firestorm viewer are related.