• 1LOL
Reactions: Romana and Govi

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
The US has information that indicates Russia has prepositioned a group of operatives to conduct a false-flag operation in eastern Ukraine, a US official told CNN on Friday, in an attempt to create a pretext for an invasion.

The official said the US has evidence that the operatives are trained in urban warfare and in using explosives to carry out acts of sabotage against Russia's own proxy forces.
The allegation echoes a statement released by Ukraine's Ministry of Defense on Friday, which said that Russian special services are preparing provocations against Russian forces in an attempt to frame Ukraine. National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan hinted at the intelligence during a briefing with reporters on Thursday.

"Our intelligence community has developed information, which has now been downgraded, that Russia is laying the groundwork to have the option of fabricating the pretext for an invasion," Sullivan said on Thursday. "We saw this playbook in 2014. They are preparing this playbook again and we will have, the administration will have, further details on what we see as this potential laying of the pretext to share with the press over the course of the next 24 hours."

Marita

Still mostly just Lurking
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
Oct 2009
SLU Posts
Did not know where this would fit ... so World News sounded best.

• 1Thanks
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: Grandma Bates and Sid

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Huh boy.

The United Kingdom has begun supplying Ukraine with anti-tank weapons and Canada has reportedly deployed a small contingent of special forces to Kyiv amid concerns of a possible invasion by Russia.

The developments came as Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov angrily rejected claims by the United States last week that Moscow was preparing a pretext to invade Ukraine if diplomacy failed to meet its objectives.

While Moscow – which has deployed 100 000 troops near its border with Ukraine – denies plans for an attack against Ukraine, it has said it could take unspecified military action unless the West agrees to a list of demands, including banning Kyiv from ever joining NATO.

• 1Yay!
Reactions: Tirellia

WolfEyes

Well known member no one knows
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Austria raises alarm about 'dramatic' femicide plague (msn.com)

Painted in blood red on an improvised memorial in Vienna, the number 31 is a stark reminder of a grim toll: the women killed by men in Austria last year.

After several particularly horrific cases among the killings were widely reported in the media, the issue of femicide is now squarely under the spotlight.

In a small, wealthy country where violent crime generally is rare, a public debate has begun, galvanising activists and forcing politicians to act.

"It's a really dramatic situation... It's incomprehensible," Maria Roesslhumer, executive director of a network of women's shelters, told AFP.

Figures have fluctuated over the years, but between 2010 and 2020, 319 women were killed in Austria, mostly by their male partners or ex-partners, with a record high of 43 victims in 2019, according to a study commissioned by the government last year.

SL Rez
SLU Posts

WolfEyes

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Thread title says world news so that's what I was posting. News from other parts of the world not normally posted about, like Tejas and Florida where our illustrious leader so kindly rules over us...

bubblesort

Is Duke a job I can apply for on Linked In? I mean, I'm American, but I am super qualified for the job! I mean... I didn't marry a minority, and I didn't rape any children, so I'm sure Liz will like me better than the last two.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Is Duke a job I can apply for on Linked In? I mean, I'm American, but I am super qualified for the job! I mean... I didn't marry a minority, and I didn't rape any children, so I'm sure Liz will like me better than the last two.
You may have to reach out to the Queen. This is the sort of position that takes real serious networking, and good connections.

bubblesort

Are we gonna start seeing war crypto posters, like war bond posters?

"Uncle Sam Wants YOU To Buy War NFTs! You, too, can own a receipt for a munition that was shot directly through a commie's face!"

Put that on a poster like this. You know idiots all over the world would buy them, LOL

WolfEyes

SL Rez
Joined SLU

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
That boy is just wearing his Liberty drag and reaching for the other boy’s sword. I see nothing funny about it. Y’all leave them alone.

• 1LOL
Reactions: bubblesort

bubblesort

I was just tinkering around with some code while CNBC plays in the background. For about an hour they were freaking the hell out because Putin said he will invade Ukraine in exactly 2 days. Commodities and military stocks spiking, everybody panicking, evacuations happening, but not like Afghanistan this time, we promise... EVERYBODY STAY CALM!

Then like 2 mins ago they said Putin was not saying he will invade in 48 hours. He was making fun of Western media's short attention span when he said he might invade in two days, LOL.

touche... well played! I wish Biden could troll as hard as Putin.

• 1Facepalm
Reactions: Govi

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Maybe Putin will take the day off...