Nobody Cares about TV and Film

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
I thought it was pretty good. Not the best Marvel Movie but nothing about it was particularly bad in any way. Samuel L Jackson was pretty good. The villain was a step back though in being kind of pointless and not really well expanded on. The last few movies had started doing better about making the villains actual characters.
I would agree that it may not be their best, but it was a solid outing and had a lot of fun as it set up why Captain Marvel is the ass-kicker we need for Endgame. Like the first season of Agents of SHIELD, it was limited somewhat by having to fit into a more constrained narrative than most of the other films. And given the character and the requirements, using the broader Kree-Skrull war instead of fleshing out a more narrow but detailed Big Bad made sense. They got to use Ronin the Accuser again for a cameo, and maybe set up a more nuanced villain if they do the Secret Invasion story in the future.

Galen McGinnis

SL Rez
SLU Posts
And the box office receipts are in, drink up!

Tough room.

Last edited:

Halo Minoptra

Not shown in actual size
I just finished watching the three seasons of The Tunnel. It's pretty amazing and well done. I love the characters. It begins with a dead body being found in the middle of the channel tunnel in such a way that the French and English police are obliged to work together on the case. Yes, the premise seems very artificial, but it works. And of course you wonder how they could extend the premise to a second and third (and definitively last) season, but they do.

The main characters are played by Stephen Dillane (who was Stannis Baratheon in Game of Thrones) and Clémence Poésy (who was Fleur Delacour in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows). Dillane is really good in this, but Clémence is not to be missed. Her character is one of the best fictional detectives that have been created, IMHO.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Veritable Quandry

SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
I think after the anti-Captain Marvel campaign fizzled out they probably realized that the neo-NAZI MRA demographic is less import to their sales then the People Who Like Fun Movies demographic.

• 2Agree
Reactions: Govi and Zaida Gearbox

Myficals

Nein!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Feb 2010
SLU Posts
I think after the anti-Captain Marvel campaign fizzled out they probably realized that the neo-NAZI MRA demographic is less import to their sales then the People Who Like Fun Movies demographic.
Apparently the decision was made several months ago, Gunn's unreserved contrition and apology being the major factors. The big hold up supposedly has been the negotiations around how to fit the production of Guardians... in and around Suicide Squad 2.

• 1Like
Reactions: Veritable Quandry

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Apparently the decision was made several months ago, Gunn's unreserved contrition and apology being the major factors. The big hold up supposedly has been the negotiations around how to fit the production of Guardians... in and around Suicide Squad 2.
Good Lord! Suicide Squad has a sequel? SRSLY/

• 1Agree
Reactions: Ava Glasgow

Veritable Quandry

SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
Good Lord! Suicide Squad has a sequel? SRSLY/
Apparently more of a soft reboot. Will Smith has been replaced with Idris Elba. Gunn promised to focus on "different characters" than the first film, Harley Quinn is likely to return. But it can safely ignore the first film and any of the other DC continuity at this point.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

NyteWytch

What's good, Miley?
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
SLU Posts

Yaaaasssssss! <3

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
This may be in my wheelhouse. Can't quite tell yet.

Also, Brie and Samuel really must love working together, huh?

• 2Agree
Reactions: Govi and Kaimi Kyomoon