Nobody Cares about TV and Film

Kaimi Kyomoon

Persistent Participant
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Oct 12, 2018
San Diego, California
This [The Umbrella Academy]... was excellent. Can't recommend it enough. Very different 'superheros', all of them clearly screwed up by their bizarre dysfunctional family and deeply terrible father, surprising villain, unexpected ending and time travel oddities.
We're really into it at my house. We're going to watch the last episode tonight.

Free

I'm taking your cows
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 22, 2018
Earth-90214
But the acting is well done. Unlike Mr. Romulan... *cough*

Zaida Gearbox

Sep 23, 2018
I'm conflicted about seeing Captain Marvel this weekend. On one hand it looks too stupid to be endured. But on the other hand 1) she apparently will have a big role in Avengers End Game, 2) I feel like I need to support movies that aren't chick flicks, and have a strong female lead.

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
Sep 20, 2018
Illinois
I'm conflicted about seeing Captain Marvel this weekend. On one hand it looks too stupid to be endured. But on the other hand 1) she apparently will have a big role in Avengers End Game, 2) I feel like I need to support movies that aren't chick flicks, and have a strong female lead.
I thought it was pretty good. Not the best Marvel Movie but nothing about it was particularly bad in any way. Samuel L Jackson was pretty good. The villain was a step back though in being kind of pointless and not really well expanded on. The last few movies had started doing better about making the villains actual characters.

danielravennest

Sep 21, 2018
I thought it was pretty good. Not the best Marvel Movie but nothing about it was particularly bad in any way. Samuel L Jackson was pretty good. The villain was a step back though in being kind of pointless and not really well expanded on. The last few movies had started doing better about making the villains actual characters.
A reasonably large number of people are going to see it. The projected weekend opening is about $150 million