Nobody Cares about TV and Film

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I've just learned there is a movie, released in 2021, called Planet Dune.

It gets worse. The story is about a rescue mission to the planet, where the crew ends up being hunted by...giant sandworms.

The punchline? It stars Sean Young.

EDIT: It's on Amazon Prime. Adding it to my watchlist now...

Isabeau

Merdeuse
I just stated the series “Raised by Wolves”. Missed it when it came out. It was canceled after two seasons but I enjoyed the first episode (the 1st two are directed by Ridley Scott and it shows.)

Anyone one else see? Anyway, I like the aesthetics of it all.

Ryanna Enfield

I watched all of it. It is definitely a strange series. I appreciate that it seemed so different than any other sci-fi stuff I've watched, but I didn't love it in the end. It was just okay. I loved the actress Amanda Collin in it. Seems like the role of "Mother" was made for her. Abubakar Salim was also excellent as "Father".

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Isabeau

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
One of my favorite peasant protest techniques (I have read both European and Japanese examples) is the spontaneous pilgrimage. You can't legally stop work or strike, but if the entire village decides they need to pray at the same time the lords can't stop their religious expression. And putting most of a village on a shared journey has a lot of storytelling possibilities.

• 2Like
Reactions: Rose Karuna and Khamon

Jopsy Pendragon

Magic thrives within Intentionality
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I just stated the series “Raised by Wolves”. Missed it when it came out. It was canceled after two seasons but I enjoyed the first episode (the 1st two are directed by Ridley Scott and it shows.)

Anyone one else see? Anyway, I like the aesthetics of it all.
I liked it... but was as much if not more frustrated by how obtuse a lot of it was. Normally I'm good at the whole spotting metaphor and allegory stuff, which they certainly employ, but for reasons that then flip it on its head and leave you wondering... "What's that supposed to mean?!"

By which time they've introduced something new and even more bizarre.

• 1Thanks
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Rose Karuna and Isabeau

Isabeau

Merdeuse
I watched it again for fun this summer. I didn’t hate it, even the first time around. It isn’t the same as the comics but still enjoyable. Anyhow, I prefer it to superhero stuff.

Here is a resurrection of a DC character worth getting excited over. Warner Bros will develop another installment of the 2005 supernatural thriller Constantine, and the studio is re-teaming star Keanu Reeves and director Francis Lawrence, who made his helming debut on the original.

• 2Like
Reactions: Rose Karuna and Khamon

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
SYFY has taken to putting up episodes of Resident Alien on their Youtube channel. I'm only 2 episodes in but I like it, almost as much as I love doom patrol.
Plus Alan Tudyk!
I'm really late to the party, but I subscribed to Peacock last month and Resident Alien turned out to be the best treat on the menu. Eagerly waiting for the last episode of Season 2, which drops next week.

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
While flipping around for yet another series to binge on and I discovered "Upload" (Amazon Prime). Both my husband and I thought it was hilarious. A lot of the reason we did was because of our past experience in Second Life.

It's much more a comedy (a bit campy) and not much of a SYFY. If you're expecting realistic SYFY, you'll be disappointed, but the comedy was great.

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
I started watching it and I couldn't get over how much of an asshole the protagonist was and didn't finish the first episode.

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Oh, it's literally Dantean hell. Yeh, I'll pass.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Govi