Rose Karuna

It's cold, Xerdan is wearing a hat
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 24, 2018
Someplace new soon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Has anyone here watched the new TV Series "You"? You (TV series) - Wikipedia

I was just bored and flipping around shows and watched the first episode and then four more in succession yesterday. I know, I should have been out weeding my garden, but the show caught me by surprise. It's sort of a dark (very dark) comedy. It has a "Dexter" kind of quality to it but I think it has a better and more original story line. If you like dark comedy, give it a shot.

Sep 19, 2018
Portland, OR
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Long ago (1990 maybe?) the true story of Barney came out in a novelette, "The Day of the Barney." The purple one cultivated the children until they were 13. Then he killed the boys and impregnated the girls.

A tiny flavor of the tale.
Jeremy stared back at the lifeless head of Cameron. A small trickle of
blood flowed out of his nose, and his thick glasses were shattered. Smeared
around the dead boy's mouth was pink frosting. Sensing Jeremy's fear, the
Purple One returned the machete to its sheath and gave it back to the Loved
One.

"There, Jeremy. I've put the scary knife away. I'm sorry I scared you.
I'm sure Cameron is sorry too. Now come on back here. I'm not going to hurt
you, Jeremy. Don't you know how much I love you?"

"I...I....I love you too...Barney" muttered Jeremy, his eyes still locked
upon the battered head on the floor. He slowly rose up, and began walking
towards the bloated purple dinosaur.

Oct 6, 2018
Probably near London or SF
SL Rez
Joined SLU
So, you're at a NYC party, and try to leave.. but, every time you do, you wind up dead, and everything resets.

Looks rather fun, in a dark way. ^_^ "Russian Doll", Netflix, Feb 1:

Winter 2019 TV Preview: All The Lesbian, Queer and Bisexual TV Coming Your Way

If this show is somehow not even remotely gay, I will eat my hat! Natasha Lyonne co-created and stars in Russian Doll, an “existential adventure show” about an inescapable New York City party, created by an all-female writing team, directed by lesbian Jamie Babbitt and featuring actors including Greta Lee, Elizabeth Ashley, Rebecca Henderson, Chloë Sevigny, Dascha Polanco, Ritesh Rajan and Jocelyn Bioh. According to IMDB, Whitney Devlin will be playing “Cindy Sherman” and Jes Davis will play “Madonna” in most of the season’s episodes.
<>

Sep 19, 2018
a sunburnt country
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Feb 2010
SLU Posts
Okay, let's address the 900lb rodent in the room first and say that yes, the broad concept sounds very similar to the Harold Ramis directed, Bill Murray and Andie Macdowell starring classic, Groundhog Day.

Now that we've covered that, can we move on and just say that this looks freaking great?

Kaimi Kyomoon

Persistent Participant
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Oct 12, 2018
San Diego, California
SL Rez
Joined SLU

Ann Launay

Crumpet Khaleesi
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
Lost...In...Space...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Aug 2007
SLU Posts
Okay, let's address the 900lb rodent in the room first and say that yes, the broad concept sounds very similar to the Harold Ramis directed, Bill Murray and Andie Macdowell starring classic, Groundhog Day.

Now that we've covered that, can we move on and just say that this looks freaking great?
The trailer made me think of a less murdery version of Happy Death Day, which I found a bit campy, but fun.

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
Sep 20, 2018
20 Minutes into the future
SL Rez
Mysterio (not Rey) confirmed!

Oct 6, 2018
SL Rez
Joined SLU
So, I finally got to see Into the Spider-verse - wow. Seriously, I haven't seen a western animation studio come out with anything remotely like this. And surprisingly, despite a look that'd be considered avant garde if produced by anyone but a major studio, I haven't heard anything but glowing reviews from friends, either; I'm delighted to report it's not just hype. ^_^

True, the dialog's nothing too special, but, it does feel written with respect for the audience nonetheless. I was impressed by the direction, which maintained clarity even in the most frenetic action scenes, let alone the rest of the time. Despite everything that happens along the way - it's most certainly not easy sailing - it felt like a film with a fundamental spirit of positivity, and not merely in any simplistic Good Guys Win manner.

Despite not being a superhero sort, I've preordered it. ^_^

Free

FIGHT FORUM AVATAR OPPRESSION
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 22, 2018
Lindalino
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts

Ava Glasgow

Ava Ava hot like lava
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 21, 2018
Underwater
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Looking for the FUCK YEAH button...

Oct 6, 2018
SL Rez
Joined SLU
She-Ra season 2 arrives on April 26! YAAAAAAAAY!

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 19, 2018
Gulf Coast, USA
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Universal abandons "Dark Universe"; repositions for self-contained monster movies

Upgrade” director Leigh Whannell has signed on to direct a reboot of “The Invisible Man.” The project reunites Whannell with Jason Blum, who is producing the Universal Pictures movie through his Blumhouse banner.

Whannell will also pen the script.

Universal has tabled the idea of an interconnected universe and is reassessing how to keep the enduring characters relevant for a new generation. Sources tell Variety that Universal remains committed to creating compelling filmmaker-driven projects based on characters from the studio’s vast monsters legacy.

“Throughout cinematic history, Universal’s classic monsters have been reinvented through the prism of each new filmmaker who brought these characters to life,” said Peter Cramer, Universal’s president of production. “We are excited to take a more individualized approach for their return to screen, shepherded by creators who have stories they are passionate to tell with them.”

The decision comes after “The Mummy” fell short of expectations at the box office, which led to the studio taking a new look at the strategy for the remaining monster characters including Frankenstein and Dracula.

By not mandating a unified, connected universe of monster stories, the studio will be able to open up the characters to filmmakers who will be inspired to create their own unique stories. Insiders say Universal has met with a number of prominent directors for various properties, and “The Invisible Man” is one of those new films. But hiring Whannell does not necessarily mean this will be the next monster movie to go into production, as other pitches are also coming together revolving around different characters.
I'm okay with this. Mummy 2017 was a lousy movie, and throwing Dr. Jekyl and the Frankenstein monster in there for kicks seemed part of the reason why, to me.