Nobody Cares about TV and Film

Free

When The Onion asks, I answer.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Another price raise from Max.

Max's monthly ad-free streaming subscription costs $1 more than it did yesterday. Warner Bros. Discovery (WBD) today raised the prices for ad-free Max subscription plans, effective immediately for new subscribers.

In addition to the cheaper ad-free plan now costing $17 per month, the Ultimate ad-free monthly plan, which supports four instead of two concurrent streams and 4K instead of 1080p resolution, is up a dollar to $21 per month.

Annual subscriptions to the streaming service are also getting more expensive. The annual ad-free plan is $20 more, at $170/year, and the Ultimate ad-free annual plan went up by $10 to $210 per year.

Free

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Full trailer out. Lots of face hugger action.

Boy, the cast looks like it was put together for a CW series.

Jopsy Pendragon

. LOCK . HIM . UP .
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Another price raise from Max.

Honestly, I don't mind an extra buck or three a month, as long as I don't have to put up with @%&(@%#&ing advertisements. (Damn you Amazon Prime!)

But it really comes down to 'are they releasing enough content every month to keep me from suspending my account?' and the answer is, no, not really. Neither is Netflix, aka The K-Drama and Unscripted Garbage Channel.

Paramount+ and Hulu/Disney are getting most of my watching time these days.

• 1Like
Reactions: Noodles
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Stacy: Attack of the Schoolgirl Zombies 2001 (Japanese with subtitles)

Strictly for fans of movies that are so bad they are good. This is atrocious.

I am not sure I have the plot quite right because it is all so confused. Something infects 15 to 17 year old Japanese school girls. Then they have near death happiness before turning into zombies. They have repeat death syndrome where their biggest wish is for the loved ones closest to them to kill them, repeatedly. They are all Stacys and invading the world, or Japan anyway.

It is all so terribly acted and everything but I'm in one of my moods and made it through to the end. I laughed but will likely never watch it again.

Full movie for free on youtube.

Jopsy Pendragon

. LOCK . HIM . UP .
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Then they have near death happiness before turning into zombies.
Given that there's a chainsaw in the movie clearly labelled "Blues Campbell's RIGHT HAND2" (lol!), I wouldn't doubt that the zombies are called 'Stacy' because after their terminal 'ecstacy' they're now ex-stasy's.

I think they were going for puns but the language barrier tripped them up. ;)

• 1Like
Reactions: Essence Lumin

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
Britbox has gone, swallowed up by another streaming service, ItvX. I was watching Classic Who on Britbox, and have managed to pick it up again with ItvX, but I don't know about New Who (was that ever on Britbox?)
That's only the case for UK viewers. Britbox is still a streaming service outside of the UK. New Who is on Max for us, not sure whether that applies to UK viewers.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Govi

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
That's only the case for UK viewers. Britbox is still a streaming service outside of the UK. New Who is on Max for us, not sure whether that applies to UK viewers.
New New Who is on Disney.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Lexxi

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Old Who is on Tu-bi Tubi

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts

Free

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
  • 1Doge
Reactions: CronoCloud Creeggan

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Watched the Witcher Blood Origen and I liked it. Fantasy folklore history whatever, thought it was wonderful. I’m going to miss Lark and Meldof (and Gwen).

Now rewatching the first season of House of the Dragon.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Jopsy Pendragon

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
Many know Spaceballs, and might remember the in flick spoof about a sequel called "Space Balls 2 - The Search for more Money."

Now 37 years later the sequel with yet unknown name is becoming a reality, with the movie being in the works at Amazon MGM and being produced by Mel Brooks himself, director is going to be Josh Greenbaum and male lead role by Josh Gad. Gad also will be another director. Screen writers are Benji Samit and Dan Hernandez.

May the Schwartz be with you!

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
The hero of Spaceballs 2 should be the son of Dark Helmet and Lone Star.

Make a point of bringing up that it's biological, maybe something about inheriting the Dark and Light Swartz.

But never explain anything more.

But also, he has a LOT of things that suggest he is the Princess's son. But make it clear somehow he is not.

Basically as a riff towards the sequels.