Nobody cares about Art

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
I had a toy kind of like that when I was small, sometime in the '60s, but I can't google it. It involved spinning paper and making circle patterns.

Lexxi

meow
SL Rez
Joined SLU
12-14-2007
SLU Posts
You know, I never thought of it before, since I've seen it as Kia & KI∧. But seeing it as KIA . . . Killed in Action is my first immediate reaction to seeing KIA.

They should have kept KPA (Kyungsung Precision Industry). They only made steel tubing (and, naturally, bicycles) while KPA though.

Okay, they should have kept KMA (Kia Motors America), then. Since that was their first name in USA.

Oh, they are actually Kia Motors Corporation. So KMC.

Why I⊢I∧ as logo then? (bah, I can't get the T to line up right. or the ∧.
起亚 Chinese simplified (Kia)
起亞 Chinese Traditional (Kia)
기아 Korean (Kia)
起亜 Japanese (Kia)
I⊢I∧ Kia logo. (Kia)

Or, you know, 기아자동차 (Kia Motors; Кіа Моторс)

history-of-kia

Last edited:
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Sid

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Or simply buy a Hyundai.
Done.

Lexxi

meow
SL Rez
Joined SLU
12-14-2007
SLU Posts
Or simply buy a Hyundai.
Done.
Kia went bankrupt at one point and Hyundai helped them get out of bankruptcy. Ended up, at the time, with 33% of Kia.

Hyundai's logo is quite similar to Kia's new logo. Well the weird N/Z thingie. Wonder if Hyundai has acquired more of Kia.

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Almost all brands work tightly together. With all the different models for each brand, with different motor types etc, it is almost impossible to not share development costs and use each others patents and materials.

When I open the hood of my Renault, the first thing I see is a huge Nissan logo on the battery.

The situation a few years ago (2019):